Wk 13- The bye week 2022

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in QBs in the NFC West news--- Stafford is done for the year with a "spinal contusion" -- which some are reporting is career threatening. Reportedly numbness in both legs from the neck injury.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we win out the last 5 game is 9-8 enough to grab a playoff spot?

The schedule is weak and with Jimmy G injured and Purdy in that game is more winnable.
I don’t think so.. as the 7th seed will prob be with a team in our division - Sea or SF in which we would lose that tie breaker.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
in QBs in the NFC West news--- Stafford is done for the year with a "spinal contusion" -- which some are reporting is career threatening. Reportedly numbness in both legs from the neck injury.
Hate to hear that… he genuinely seems like a good guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I always think Stafford is like 38, seems like he's been around forever. He's only 34 still.

These kind of neck injuries can make older players consider retirement but not at 34.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Week 14 NFL playoff picture

Here’s how the NFC playoff picture looks after Monday Night Football:

CURRENTLY IN
1. Eagles (11-1) Clear path to home-field advantage.

2. Vikings (10-2) Closing in on clinching the NFC North.

3. 49ers (8-4) Can Brock Purdy lead them to the playoffs?

4. Buccaneers (6-6) Should at least get to eight wins, which may be all it takes to win the terrible NFC South.

5. Cowboys (9-3) Won’t be easy to catch the Eagles.

6. Giants (7-4-1) Sunday’s tie was not a bad result for the Giants.

7. Seahawks (7-5) A game back of the 49ers for the division lead.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
8. Commanders (7-5-1) In good shape in the wild card race.

9. Lions (5-7) Surging late in the season, but possibly too late.

10. Falcons (5-8) Win tiebreaker over Packers based on strength of victory.

11. Packers (5-8) Aaron Rodgers will need to pull a miracle to get them to the playoffs.

12. Cardinals (4-8) Win tiebreaker over Panthers based on head-to-head.

13. Panthers (4-8) They’re only two games out of the NFC South, but it would take some extraordinary upsets for them to catch the Buccaneers.

NO CHANCE OF GETTING IN
14. Saints (4-9) Blew a golden opportunity to make the NFC South competitive on Monday night.

15. Rams (3-9) The worst defending Super Bowl champion ever.

16. Bears (3-10) Dead last in the conference.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF happened there?!

...dave

This is a vaguery of DVOA I think more than anything. I can't see much difference in the actual numbers.

Weeks 1-6 we gave up 103 yards a game and since week 7 its 117. And we played the 49ers and Vikings after week 7.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our defense hasn't been good all season and has been historically bad to begin games too?
Agreed - it never looked like top-10 defense to me... but how could the DVOA metric result in such an unrealistically high ranking for the first six games, yet a completely plausible 29th ranking in the next six?

...dave

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed - it never looked like top-10 defense to me... but how could the DVOA metric result in such an unrealistically high ranking for the first six games, yet a completely plausible 29th ranking in the next six?

...dave
My only guess is that teams were throwing for fun against us earlier in the year, especially early in games. In several of those games, the Cards D stepped up and stuffed other teams in the 2nd half.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My only guess is that teams were throwing for fun against us earlier in the year, especially early in games. In several of those games, the Cards D stepped up and stuffed other teams in the 2nd half.

I think it's more that DVOA isn't an infallible measure of performance. Like all these metrics it has it's weaknesses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson