Zach Allen good at getting to the QB

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Zaven Collins has been very good vs run

Zach Allen good at getting to the QB

That’s surprising on Collins…. I wonder how much Zach Allen is going to cost at this point? I think he’s a plus starter w out a doubt, but do we feel he’s that big of a game changer to pay top tier money?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
BTW, Kliff was at a restaurant today and was unable to give his main order on time, forcing him to burn three timeouts (having already burned two, one for drinks and the other for hors d'oeuvres) leaving him with none and he then totally panicked attempting to order dessert

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For the record, our young TE does do something better than Ertz, which is block... remember a TE's responsibilities are twofold and not just catching :)
I guess? What this based on? Our running game has been dreadful against everyone except the even worse Chargers.

This is literally the first time I’ve heard anyone compliment his blocking.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I guess? What this based on? Our running game has been dreadful against everyone except the even worse Chargers.

This is literally the first time I’ve heard anyone compliment his blocking.
He is better than Ertz at blocking, which does not exactly mean I said he was great at blocking if my comparison is based on watching both guys and not PFF stats

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What we should be doing the rest of the season is starting Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders. Giving more targets to McBride. Using Rondale down field more when he's back.

Starting Leccy Smith at Center to see how he copes there. Playing Simmons as a linebacker and stop confusing him my moving him so much. Give more carries to Ingram. More snaps to Christian Matthew and Mullen.

All the things that help improve guys for next season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He is better than Ertz at blocking, which does not exactly mean I said he was great at blocking if my comparison is based on watching both guys and not PFF stats
Oh… it’s vibes. Got it.

Ertz’s indifferent blocking is probably still better than this rookies so far.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Oh… it’s vibes. Got it.

Patience and interest are just as much an attribute and define your skill level as inherit talent and one's physical gifts. So, it's not a vibe, but the reality watching the two block, but this makes no sense discussing this because neither guy plays ILB, and I got this strong vibe Keim could care less about them lol

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Take a look at the Chargers game. McBride's blocking sprung Connor on several of his early big runs. I was actually really impressed with his blocking in that game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Take a look at the Chargers game. McBride's blocking sprung Connor on several of his early big runs. I was actually really impressed with his blocking in that game.
I mentioned it in my earlier post, but the Chargers run defense is awful awful awful. I guess it's better than getting repeatedly pancaked by a dreadful run defense, but it's probably doesn't tell you much.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh… it’s vibes. Got it.

I'm with you on this one.

Ertz blocking is underrated. He's been an above average blocker for many years, and we don;t ask him to do it a whole lot as he's often split out.

The best I can say for McBride is that he's willing.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mentioned it in my earlier post, but the Chargers run defense is awful awful awful. I guess it's better than getting repeatedly pancaked by a dreadful run defense, but it's probably doesn't tell you much.
Yea, any run production against them should be taken with a grain of salt.

I expect James Conner to return to his normal plodding form next game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we win out the last 5 game is 9-8 enough to grab a playoff spot?

The schedule is weak and with Jimmy G injured and Purdy in that game is more winnable.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The schedule is weak and with Jimmy G injured and Purdy in that game is more winnable.
Maybe.

But we aren't winning out. Thinking of all the things you can do with your winning lottery ticket is a more realistic and better way to spend your fantasizing time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe.

But we aren't winning out. Thinking of all the things you can do with your winning lottery ticket is a more realistic and better way to spend your fantasizing time.
I don't believe so. FO has our playoff odds as 0.0% as of yesterday.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
His blocking against the Chargers was an absolute clinic for TE's. He had outstanding mobility and hit the 2nd level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose