Wk 10-Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread 11/8-11/13, 2021

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That he's not going to reach his potential/we won't win what we could win if he becomes injury prone. Pretty simple stuff here.
Depends.

Last year he initially hurt his shoulder trying to run through a defender for a 1st down against Miami late in the game. Then by the Seattle game he fell on it awkward and then the season changed. I dont think he'll ever try running over a defender again.

This last injury was on a designed run where frankly we didnt even need to do it cause we were throwing it so well.

Thats ultimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Depends.

Last year he initially hurt his shoulder trying to run through a defender for a 1st down against Miami late in the game. Then by the Seattle game he fell on it awkward and then the season changed. I dont think he'll ever try running over a defender again.

This last injury was on a designed run where frankly we didnt even need to do it cause we were throwing it so well.

Thats ulimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.
Yep, I agree on that designed run. No need for those, unless they're well-timed boots with pass options. Leave the nice runs for scramble plays.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Depends.

Thats ulimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.

@SoonerLou, you're right about the play last year vs. Miami. That was a big time collision. But I'm also going to say the worst out loud man, even though I shouldn't. Have a seat before you read the next line.

Murray appears to be a little fragile.

Now maybe its still too small of a sample size, and maybe it's just been bad luck so far. But it sure doesn't seem to take very much contact to take him down to less than 100% effectiveness. He's like a finely-tuned watch that works better than pretty much any other watch, but that you also have to be very careful with.

I hope I'm wrong man, but what do you think?

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Think we win this game but we lose to Seattle next week even with a returning Kyler & how dominant we been on the road.

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Positive of this is that Kyler will have less wear & tear on him going down the stretch.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
@SoonerLou, you're right about the play last year vs. Miami. That was a big time collision. But I'm also going to say the worst out loud man, even though I shouldn't. Have a seat before you read the next line.

Murray appears to be a little fragile.

Now maybe its still too small of a sample size, and maybe it's just been bad luck so far. But it sure doesn't seem to take very much contact to take him down to less than 100% effectiveness. He's like a finely-tuned watch that works better than pretty much any other watch, but that you also have to be very careful with.

I hope I'm wrong man, but what do you think?
He could be. Which is why I didnt want him running on designed runs (lately). He doesnt appear as quick to avoid those hits lately. So you kinda have to protect him from himself.

He never had Russell Wilson's build so he very well could be fragile. Still his worst hits this year have been on designed runs. As bad as I hoped he could be almost as good of a runner as Lamar Jackson he's simply not. And thats ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1976suns