Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Tennessee Titans Pre Game thread Sept 6 - Sept 11, 2021

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What do people really expect from this game? All homerism aside?

I'm really not sure. I don't think the Titans are going to be good this year. No RB has ever done close to 2000 twice. I don't rate their OC or their defense much and I think the Julio Jones signing is distracting from a lot of this.

I guess if I had to narrow it down I'd say we get out coached as per usual with Kliff and we lose a close game by 4 points. 28-24 or 35-31.
I expect us to get blown out, sadly. I'm not trying to be a darksider, I just think the Titans are well equipped to dominate our defense. I think we'll get behind early and not be able to make it up as they just lean on the run. 24-38 or so. I think AJ Brown and Julio Jones will toast us and then they'll be able to dominate time of possession.

I don't have Henry running for 2k this year, but I don't think game one is where he starts to show wear and tear.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
All I know (and that's not much lol) is with our secondary our offense better score ALOT of points

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect us to get blown out, sadly. I'm not trying to be a darksider, I just think the Titans are well equipped to dominate our defense. I think we'll get behind early and not be able to make it up as they just lean on the run. 24-38 or so. I think AJ Brown and Julio Jones will toast us and then they'll be able to dominate time of possession.

I don't have Henry running for 2k this year, but I don't think game one is where he starts to show wear and tear.

I'm really not that sold on the Titan's. In a lot of ways I think our roster is better. Certainly know worse. Sadly coaching is another story.

I think there could be some OBJ syndrome there. There's only one ball and either Julio, Brown or Henry are going to see less of it. And I think Tannehill is going to have a down year.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm really not that sold on the Brown's. In a lot of ways I think our roster is better. Certainly know worse. Sadly coaching is another story.

I think there could be some OBJ syndrome there. There's only one ball and either Julio, Brown or Henry are going to see less of it. And I think Tannehill is going to have a down year.
I think you meant to say the Titans, but I'll roll with it. I'm just not really sure how one can think we have a better roster. AJ Brown and Derrick Henry are bonafide stars on offense, Julio has less reason to seem cooked than AJ Green does, and has a better outlook health-wise, and I don't see any reason to think Tannehill will have a down year. It's the same basic offense with more weapons, and a solid OL.

To me, this just reeks of the games the Cardinals tend to lose. Lots of travel, haven't had a full preseason, our DL has barely practiced with each other, early start time... I'd give us a better chance of winning if this was at home.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really not that sold on the Brown's. In a lot of ways I think our roster is better. Certainly know worse. Sadly coaching is another story.

You’re not sold on AJ Brown?

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I think we lose a close one due to our mistakes and lack of running game. I hope I am wrong, but the Titans are a solid, not amazing, team and they are at home. I think we are fully capable of beating them if the offense clicks, but I think their defense and offense will look better than ours for the first game of the year. I think having a rookie middle linebacker will also hurt. It's going to be one of those close ones that gives us ulcers and we lose it in the final minutes.

That said, I think the team will be humming by week 5 IF we can be at least 2-2 at that point and stay healthy. If we start out 0-4 or 1-3, I can see this team imploding fast.
What do people really expect from this game? All homerism aside?

I'm really not sure. I don't think the Titans are going to be good this year. No RB has ever done close to 2000 twice. I don't rate their OC or their defense much and I think the Julio Jones signing is distracting from a lot of this.

I guess if I had to narrow it down I'd say we get out coached as per usual with Kliff and we lose a close game by 4 points. 28-24 or 35-31.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you meant to say the Titans, but I'll roll with it. I'm just not really sure how one can think we have a better roster. AJ Brown and Derrick Henry are bonafide stars on offense, Julio has less reason to seem cooked than AJ Green does, and has a better outlook health-wise, and I don't see any reason to think Tannehill will have a down year. It's the same basic offense with more weapons, and a solid OL.

To me, this just reeks of the games the Cardinals tend to lose. Lots of travel, haven't had a full preseason, our DL has barely practiced with each other, early start time... I'd give us a better chance of winning if this was at home.

Yeah Titans...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Because a roster is more than 3 stars.

Henry aside I'll take Murray, Hopkins, Green, Kirk and Rondale over Tannehill, Julio, Brown, Reynolds and a JAG.

I like our D line over there's. I like our LBs over there's. DBs are likely a draw overall.

So yeah, Henry aside I'd take our roster.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because a roster is more than 3 stars.

Henry aside I'll take Murray, Hopkins, Green, Kirk and Rondale over Tannehill, Julio, Brown, Reynolds and a JAG.

I like our D line over there's. I like our LBs over there's. DBs are likely a draw overall.

So yeah, Henry aside I'd take our roster.
The Darksiders on here, I think they don't look at the overall rosters.

I went through the Rams roster and outside of Donald and Ramsey, they have a lot of JAGs. Look at the Rams LB corps, it's awful.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I went through the Rams roster and outside of Donald and Ramsey, they have a lot of JAGs. Look at the Rams LB corps, it's awful.

They also look at other rosters with rose tinted glasses while looking at ours in the most negative possible light.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals trying out a couple of tackles today
Jaryd Jones-Smith
Eric Smith

Source: Albert Breer Twitter page

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would bet the under. If Titans are able to dominate the run as they have done in the past it’s very possible to see a lopsided TOP in the first half like 22 minutes to 8. I see us losing 23 to 20 but it’s only that close because we score very late mainly because we are forced to open things up.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm really not that sold on the Titan's. In a lot of ways I think our roster is better. Certainly know worse. Sadly coaching is another story.

Not trying to knock Kliff, but if you switched HC's I feel we'd be getting the preseason playoff hype the Titans are getting.

Year 3 so hopefully him and Kyler take the next step.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we lose this one 31-20. A few redzone sputters, getting into 3rd and longs -- combine that with the inability to stop on 3rd down. Nothing to do with the roster, just the inability to execute/coach when it matters.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I look at the full rosters. (Also, I keep hearing JAGs, can someone tell me what that stands for?) The Rams roster also has a very competent QB, and two very solid WRs in Woods and Kupp. Their RB corps is better than ours, and that's with Akers out for the season. And the coaching is competent.

They also look at other rosters with rose tinted glasses while looking at ours in the most negative possible light.
Others here overrate our roster, which has a dearth of proven, blue chip talent. Even some of our stars are stuck with question marks and ifs. It's really just Hopkins and Baker at the end of the day... maybe Kyler.

I don't think our roster is atrocious, it's pretty good this year and would win a lot of other divisions. Unfortunately, it's not sustainable. And I don't think it's built to go far. We'll see. Let's hope I'm wrong. I'll be there to watch all 17 games either way.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at the full rosters. (Also, I keep hearing JAGs, can someone tell me what that stands for?) The Rams roster also has a very competent QB, and two very solid WRs in Woods and Kupp. Their RB corps is better than ours, and that's with Akers out for the season. And the coaching is competent.

Others here overrate our roster, which has a dearth of proven, blue chip talent. Even some of our stars are stuck with question marks and ifs. It's really just Hopkins and Baker at the end of the day... maybe Kyler.

I don't think our roster is atrocious, it's pretty good this year and would win a lot of other divisions. Unfortunately, it's not sustainable. And I don't think it's built to go far. We'll see. Let's hope I'm wrong. I'll be there to watch all 17 games either way.
JAG = Just a Guy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

21. Arizona Cardinals

QB Kyler Murray will be a serious MVP candidate if ...

... the Cardinals are a serious playoff contender. That could mean 4,000 passing yards and 700-plus rushing yards while accounting for 45 or more touchdowns -- at the minimum. Murray must also find a way to stay healthy

You must be registered for see images attach

Breakout candidate: Rondale Moore, WR

The rookie out of Purdue has shown signs of brilliance during training camp, but that doesn't mean his success will translate to the regular season. There's something different about Moore, though. He seems to have the total package: speed, quickness, hands, strength and IQ. With so much defensive attention on Murray and WRs DeAndre Hopkins and A.J. Green, Moore could be the guy who surprises everyone.

Bold prediction: Green will reach 1,000 receiving yards.

Green has never been a No. 2 receiver in his career -- always a No. 1. That means he has always been the focal point of the defense, always was double-teamed, always had the coverage rolled to him. That's not the case this season playing alongside Hopkins. Green will benefit from that, and a big season could be in his future. -- Josh Weinfuss

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave