Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Tennessee Titans Pre Game thread Sept 6 - Sept 11, 2021

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
HA! I remember believing the garbage that McAddley was going to be good.

As much as some people have dumped on the Cardinals lately, those years were some of the worst I've ever seen. I think it was the 2002 Cardinals that had the worst rosters I've ever seen. That team had so little talent at every position group. Levar Woods played a ton of snaps at LB. Bryan Gilmore was viewed as a legitimate starting option at WR.
Oh, dude, for sure. When I hear the Wilks team get called the worst team we've ever had (in Arizona), I think back to those days, especially that year, and I'm like... no way. 2002 was completely bereft of talent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh, dude, for sure. When I hear the Wilks team get called the worst team we've ever had (in Arizona), I think back to those days, especially that year, and I'm like... no way. 2002 was completely bereft of talent.
Wilks team was significantly more talented than 2002.

2002 Arizona Cardinals were dreadfully bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HA! I remember believing the garbage that McAddley was going to be good.

As much as some people have dumped on the Cardinals lately, those years were some of the worst I've ever seen. I think it was the 2002 Cardinals that had the worst rosters I've ever seen. That team had so little talent at every position group. Levar Woods played a ton of snaps at LB. Bryan Gilmore was viewed as a legitimate starting option at WR.
Jerry Sullivan was going to bring in an innovative offense to make up for the lack of talent!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wilks team was significantly more talented than 2002.

2002 Arizona Cardinals were dreadfully bad.

Jerry Sullivan was going to bring in an innovative offense to make up for the lack of talent!

Aww look. Everyone bonding over crappy Cards teams of the past.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Aww look. Everyone bonding over crappy Cards teams of the past.
Dude, you have no idea. Cheese was going through some hard times then, and was just rolling over money week after week against the Cards on the road. The line couldn't have been set high enough for him to avoid it. That team had a -223 point differential.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude, you have no idea. Cheese was going through some hard times then, and was just rolling over money week after week against the Cards on the road. The line couldn't have been set high enough for him to avoid it. That team had a -223 point differential.
Yup, that’s how he made a living.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That team was the one that easily could have been 0-16. Somehow we won 3 games. three wins for that team was almost a miracle.
I remember arguing with @kerouac9 about Raynoch Thompson. Dude sucked but I thought he was a decent player. Being the best player on a bad defense doesn't make a player good lol. When he left the Cardinals he pretty much never played again.

When I'm arguing now about the Cardinals, I always compare the current Cardinals teams to those teams from that era. Newer fans just don't know HOW BAD the Cardinals used to be. We would routinely have UDFAs start games. I remember all of us getting excited if the Cardinals signed another teams cast off who was actually a draft pick. The Cardinals NEVER brought in good established players (like Dennard) during camp.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember arguing with @kerouac9 about Raynoch Thompson. Dude sucked but I thought he was a decent player. Being the best player on a bad defense doesn't make a player good lol. When he left the Cardinals he pretty much never played again.

When I'm arguing now about the Cardinals, I always compare the current Cardinals teams to those teams from that era. Newer fans just don't know HOW BAD the Cardinals used to be. We would routinely have UDFAs start games. I remember all of us getting excited if the Cardinals signed another teams cast off who was actually a draft pick. The Cardinals NEVER brought in good established players (like Dennard) during camp.
We took a DL, and played him at TE one week. Wakefield was the guys last name. He had no experience at all. Yet, he started an NFL game at TE and played all the snaps. We, of course, could've signed an actual TE but didn't because of money.

THAT epitomized that era of the team. Keim is a GM mastermind compared to that!

Reaction score
That’s a bunch crud. Go read it. Go line by line. He was giving his honest opinion of matchups. Was he wrong? Sure. But he wasn’t arrogant. He wasn’t trolling. He wasn’t mean-spirited. If you read it that way, maybe you’re projecting . . .

That's certainly not the way I took his post. Better than every phase of the game? That we had no chance? Pretty much our team was lousy & his team was the best eva.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's certainly not the way I took his post. Better than every phase of the game? That we had no chance? Pretty much our team was lousy & his team was the best eva.
People misjudge teams and talent - particularly other teams talent - all the time. That doesn’t make them arrogant. Arrogance is how you present information. The definition is showing an offensive attitude of superiority. He wasn’t being offensive. He was just wrong. He didn’t say “you guys don’t know ish!” Or anything of the like.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders
“Man, he won the game,” Hopkins said, via ESPN. “At the end of the day, it says W or a loss. He had five touchdowns. He prepared like he was going to have five touchdowns. He demanded everybody else to be on their A-game. When we messed up, Kyler was the first one on us. I expected that out of him the way he’s prepared this offseason.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave