Wizards @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-27-19

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game before they said that Oubre wasn't feeling well so maybe that's it?

that was four days ago, no?

that was a pitiful loss.Really the first loss of the season that just made me shake my head. I get that we're down Baynes and Diuretic-Head, but that's a BAD Washington team and they pretty much handled us with ease for the entire second half.

Bridges with another absolutely pitiful line. I knew he'd be bad offensively this season, but I didn't realize he was shooting 19% from 3. I don't care how good of a defender you are, you HAVE to be better than he is... especially since this year, he's merely a solid defender. Nothing more, nothing less. Two first round picks... on an average athletic wing... when we already had a bunch of those. Idiotic trade.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges was trying to get to the line, I was shocked to see him go for that two handed jam, missed on plenty of contact. There was another play later where he attacked the rim too but missed. He’s trying to be more assertive but hasn’t got any calls or made any shots. Then his three point shot, I’m not sure what to say but last year his release was quick, this year he tries to measure up too much.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as everybody is praising this revised roster it's painfully obvious that this team simply is too thin from a starting perspective to be down one starter let alone 2. The drop off is pretty steep.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as everybody is praising this revised roster it's painfully obvious that this team simply is too thin from a starting perspective to be down one starter let alone 2. The drop off is pretty steep.

This is true but we were so devoid of impact players last year that I really can't imagine how we could have come closer to a real NBA roster than we actually did. There are a lot of teams that can afford to lose one of their better players and still be competitive but yeah, we're not one of them. We need the return of a healthy and fully up-to-speed pair of big men, even getting just Ayton back isn't going to solve all our problems.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
that was a pitiful loss.Really the first loss of the season that just made me shake my head. I get that we're down Baynes and Diuretic-Head, but that's a BAD Washington team and they pretty much handled us with ease for the entire second half.

I disagree. Washington was coming off of a bad shooting game and they were on fire in this one. Not all because of bad defense either. It happens in the NBA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Other than this team being better at team defense which I didn’t see coming, this team is exactly what I thought it would be. Better shooting, better passing, more savvy, but one of the least athletic rosters in the league. It’s why I thought this teams ceiling, as currently constructed, has a ceiling. The ceiling might be a tad bit higher than I expected due to the team defense, but there’s still a definitive ceiling imo.

here’s what we have (imo) in terms of athleticism (and I’m talking effective athleticism, not measurement based):

Ayton - elite athlete

oubre - good athlete

booker - better than average athlete
Diallo - better than average athlete

carter - average athlete
Okobo - average athlete
TJ - average athlete

Cam - below average athlete
Bridges - below average athlete
Rubio - below average athlete

saric - terrible athlete
Kaminsky - terrible athlete
Baynes - terrible athlete
Jerome - terrible athlete

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Other than this team being better at team defense which I didn’t see coming, this team is exactly what I thought it would be. Better shooting, better passing, more savvy, but one of the least athletic rosters in the league. It’s why I thought this teams ceiling, as currently constructed, has a ceiling. The ceiling might be a tad bit higher than I expected due to the team defense, but there’s still a definitive ceiling imo.

here’s what we have (imo) in terms of athleticism (and I’m talking effective athleticism, not measurement based):

Ayton - elite athlete

oubre - good athlete

booker - better than average athlete
Diallo - better than average athlete

carter - average athlete
Okobo - average athlete
TJ - average athlete

Cam - below average athlete
Bridges - below average athlete
Rubio - below average athlete

saric - terrible athlete
Kaminsky - terrible athlete
Baynes - terrible athlete
Jerome - terrible athlete

Move Booker to below average athlete and Cam to terrible athlete, and there you have it...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was one of the most disappointing losses for me as a Suns fan to take. IMO, this loss is about a lack of effort and perplexing rotations.

Here is a not so good Wizards team playing on the second night of a back-to-back games and the Suns let them shoot lights out from 3 point range.

Where was the defense? It's hard to understand. The Suns had a chance to go above .500 with Dallas coming to town on Friday. How can this team claim to be playing defense and give up 140 points.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Move Booker to below average athlete and Cam to terrible athlete, and there you have it...

lol you don’t do what Booker does being a below average athlete in the NBA.

we get it you don’t like Cam

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Cement shoes Kaminsky and Saric. Washington had zero respect. They made us switch to DEATH. Could beat us inside and out.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I understand Booker wanting to play within the flow of the game and be more efficient. However, he's not putting us on his back like a superstar either. Would we be better off with him going Kobe mode while we're without our big men?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand Booker wanting to play within the flow of the game and be more efficient. However, he's not putting us on his back like a superstar either. Would we be better off with him going Kobe mode while we're without our big men?

I doubt it happens but the team thing is not working at the moment as the Suns have lost 5 out of their last 6 games.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I know people are freaking out, but I think we just got unlucky in this game.

They just shot the crap out of the ball. They would have beaten almost anybody when they shoot like this.
Generally, I believe that you make your own luck.

In this case, we're playing without our two most
talented Centers, and our Point Guard just coming
back to action.

Until that is rectified, just about every game will
justifiably be an uphill fight.

And, as far as Booker's role, he's showing that he
has become a turnover machine when he tries to
facilitate.

Even when Rubio is out, Booker should concentrate
on being our team's scorer and a decent defender.

Let the backup Point Guards facilitate as best they
can. At least our top scorer would be doing what
he does best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave