Wizards @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-27-19

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaac is better on offense then bridges and the main point is he's a true PF who can guard 4-5s bridges can't guard those which is why saric Diallo and Kam are our interior defense right now which is shameful

He’s an Oubre type gets his points in transition and put backs but yeah he’s coming along, idk what I would give up for him.

I wouldn’t make a panic trade right now remember our 2 best big men are out. Once they comeback everybody gets pushed back down the depth chart

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
He’s an Oubre type gets his points in transition and put backs but yeah he’s coming along, idk what I would give up for him.

I wouldn’t make a panic trade right now remember our 2 best big men are out. Once they comeback everybody gets pushed back down the depth chart
I'm not saying panic trade I just think he'd be solid next to ayton and Baynes, they have some trade pieces this year and if they are floating around that 7-8 th seed I see them being buyers at the trade deadline

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not saying panic trade I just think he'd be solid next to ayton and Baynes, they have some trade pieces this year and if they are floating around that 7-8 th seed I see them being buyers at the trade deadline

who you trading

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
who you trading
Idk what they'd want, but I see Johnson's expiring contract to be attractive , bridges is expendable, a draft pick probably around 15 honestly the only ones that wouldn't be on the table atleast for me are ayton, Booker, Rubio, maybe oubre

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk what they'd want, but I see Johnson's expiring contract to be attractive , bridges is expendable, a draft pick probably around 15 honestly the only ones that wouldn't be on the table atleast for me are ayton, Booker, Rubio, maybe oubre

Isaac is on his rookie contract and Tyler Johnson makes like 20 million a year your going to have to take back crap your better off just riding it out with Johnson and getting all that money in the offseason

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Isaac is on his rookie contract and Tyler Johnson makes like 20 million a year your going to have to take back crap your better off just riding it out with Johnson and getting all that money in the offseason
I was just listing out all possible trade assets to use not necessarily for Isaac but overall, for Isaac might have to be bridges and maybe a pick with protection or something

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Well that game sucked, that's a bad loss wizards aren't a very good team but they lit it up today.

It was nice seeing Cam get more minutes he played good

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this just a team that look good in the beginning and just came down to reality now, or are they missing key players that could make a huge difference?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Is this just a team that look good in the beginning and just came down to reality now, or are they missing key players that could make a huge difference?
I think it's alot more of missing ayton and Baynes , and a few games Rubio, those three are 3 out of this teams 5 best players this year , with a young team that still lacks talent at a few positions those kind of losses are killers

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were right there but Booker blew that layup

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns get it down to single digits late in the 3rd quarter, but
the Wizards lead goes up to 13.

I really expected the Suns to take charge during the 3rd quarter.

We need Baynes or Ayton back.

You can't play without a skilled Center, Hoop.

I never said you could. I said that measurements are not all that makes a Center. It's the player's skillset that determines their position more than their height. Diallo, for example, may be undersized but his skillset is that of a Center. Kaminsky may have the physical measurements that you want in a Center but he does not have the skill to play that position.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know people are freaking out, but I think we just got unlucky in this game.

They just shot the crap out of the ball. They would have beaten almost anybody when they shoot like this.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Makes no sense. Kind of worrying actually.

I completely disagree with this. The bench players outplayed the starters.

Kelly has a tendency to force shots and not play within the offense, and Cam's shooting was just more valuable in a game like this IMO.

I have no problem with any of his rotations.

Other than Frank, everybody played pretty well, the Wizards just played even better. There are going to be games like this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kelly has a tendency to force shots and not play within the offense, and Cam's shooting was just more valuable in a game like this IMO.

Other than Frank, everybody played pretty well, the Wizards just played even better. There are going to be games like this.

I agree with this 100%. It would be nice if Diallo saw more time at Center and Kaminsky less but I can understand Monty going with the more proven veteran of sorts compared to the prospect, especially in a game where offense is all that matters. If Monty was sitting someone like Baynes or Ayton for Frank then I'd be worried but I can't see him doing that.

I liked the small lineup towards the end much better than anything featuring Diallo or Kaminsky, it was Saric, Cam, Booker, TJ, and Rubio. That's small ball but that's a lineup that should have seen more burn tonight.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Oubre was playing great this game, red hot from 3. His energy, shooting, and defense couldve sparked us. I'm sure he wanted to have a good showing against his former team. For Monty to only give him 18 minutes stands out to me as unusual.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre was playing great this game, red hot from 3. His energy, shooting, and defense couldve sparked us. I'm sure he wanted to have a good showing against his former team. For Monty to only give him 18 minutes stands out to me as unusual.

The game before they said that Oubre wasn't feeling well so maybe that's it?