Wizards @ Suns Tuesday game thread 12-20-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Those I wouldn’t give up Bridges for KD takes havent aged to well
No kidding. It’s not even the playoffs and bridges has wilted under the pressure of stepping up when necessary. Even as a second banana.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Wizards 113 - Suns 110

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp

That was about as bad as it gets

Wizards now 1-10 in there last 11

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So pretty much unless Booker goes nuclear we don’t have a chance. I get that right?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Mikal can’t defend or shoot in the 4th. Stop trusting him to be more than a decoy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again we're basically doubled up on FTA's, seems like almost a nightly occurence for us. Something has to change. Monty needs to make that a priority for his assistants. Have them figure out why our players aren't going to the line AND figure out why we're sending our opponents there so often. If necessary, bring in a retired referee as a consultant. Just fix it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointing loss.

Suns end Wizards 10 game losing streak.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Or this amazing ability to be a 20pt/game scorer. He’s a really good role player. That’s it.
Including this game he has averaged 19.5 in the last 6 games. It was an ugly game and he will have them more often than I would like, but he is a very capable scorer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again we're basically doubled up on FTA's, seems like almost a nightly occurence for us. Something has to change. Monty needs to make that a priority for his assistants. Have them figure out why our players aren't going to the line AND figure out why we're sending our opponents there so often. If necessary, bring in a retired referee as a consultant. Just fix it.

He needs to get his ass up and get thrown out of a couple games. He needs to fight for his players

He needs to call out officials at the post game press conference like Phil and Pop used to do. Make that **** known.

But Monty has no fight in him at all he’s just gonna sit there and squint

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a tough loss but I am more concerned about Chris Paul's injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is 22/10 midway thru the third. Weird time to crap on him. Bridges is trash. That’s legit
I stopped watching right before he started playing well again. 30/12 is a big big boy performance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul on the injury.

TJ

Reaction score
Monty and Ayton have another exchange.

I can only imagine what’s said off the court. It’s clear Ayton isn’t fond of Monty anymore

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those I wouldn’t give up Bridges for KD takes havent aged to well
The Siakam ones are ridiculous too. That’s an NBA champion, All-NBA Team guy who’s JUST hit the prime of his career at a position of DIRE need, who’s a great defender, scorer AND playmaker AND we have a SF to replace Bridges’ shooting.

But no way we give up Bridges for that. Makes zero sense whatsoever… in the present or future. Bridges as your third best player on this team dooms us to Utah Jazzdom, at best, forever.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine what’s said off the court. It’s clear Ayton isn’t fond of Monty anymore

There is some friction there for sure.

TJ

Reaction score
The Siakam ones are ridiculous too. That’s an NBA champion, All-NBA Team guy who’s JUST hit the prime of his career at a position of DIRE need, who’s a great defender, scorer AND playmaker AND we have a SF to replace Bridges’ shooting.

But no way we give up Bridges for that. Makes zero sense whatsoever… in the present or future. Bridges as your third best player on this team dooms us to Utah Jazzdom, at best, forever.

At this point, Bridges is the 4th best on this team, maybe 5th depending on how Cam Johnson plays when he gets back. If Book, DA and CP3 are your three main guys and they’re playing at a high level, that’s a good foundation for a title contender. Our main issue is depth and play from our forwards at this rate. We have rotation players starting at the moment

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope new ownership realizes Monty is Doug Collins/Del Harris and gets this team it’s needed Phil Jackson. If someone can get Ayton to be consistently great (which he HAS the natural talent to be) that is the only way the Suns future remains bright.

Monty has proven he can’t do that. Time to try and find a new coach that can along with a GM who cares about the draft, and isn’t content to sit on his hands when things are good enough and goes for broke when the opportunity is there to go for it. Unlike James Jones did the previous two seasons.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose