Wizards @ Suns Saturday game thread 4-10-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I say it Dario has missed a couple of easy shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Carter hesitates on the 3, he shouldn't shoot it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I like the guy, but I’m over the Jevon Carter experiment. Time to switch it up.
Yeah I mean Galloway isn't quite the defender Carter is, but is a good defender and is automatic from 3 (especially the corner). Don't see how he doesn't have a consistent spot in the rotation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah I mean Galloway isn't quite the defender Carter is, but is a good defender and is automatic from 3 (especially the corner). Don't see how he doesn't have a consistent spot in the rotation.
Has Carter’s defense been that great for us though? It would be interesting to see the analytics.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul has 10 assists with 0 turnovers. I've never seen a PG rack up so many assists with so few turnovers. It frustrated me seeing him walk the ball up early in the season but now that I'm used to it and see how in control he is he could go slower and I'd be ok with it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Paul has 10 assists with 0 turnovers. I've never seen a PG rack up so many assists with so few turnovers. It frustrated me seeing him walk the ball up early in the season but now that I'm used to it and see how in control he is he could go slower and I'd be ok with it.
He’s amazing. And what he’s doing, it’s something he can do and still be at a high level for years to come.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has Carter’s defense been that great for us though? It would be interesting to see the analytics.

I don't know about the analytics but Carter flat out stopped Westbrook underneath the basket on one play.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know about the analytics but Carter flat out stopped Westbrook underneath the basket on one play.
One play doesn’t make you deserving of being the primary backup to Book. Booker has stopped Westbrook, and he’s not a defender.

He hasn’t been a defensive juggernaut since his turn came up in the rotation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s amazing. And what he’s doing, it’s something he can do and still be at a high level for years to come.

Yeah I've come around on the idea of extending him. It won't really give us cap space but it will reduce the payroll and hopefully encourage Sarver to pay for another MLE signing this offseason.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One play doesn’t make you deserving of being the primary backup to Book. Booker has stopped Westbrook, and he’s not a defender.

He hasn’t been a defensive juggernaut since his turn came up in the rotation.

I'd keep him in the rotation until Nader returns. Nader will need minutes and that's a way to fit him in since Craig has taken over the role he had.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'd keep him in the rotation until Nader returns. Nader will need minutes and that's a way to fit him in since Craig has taken over the role he had.
I don’t know, I still like Galloway more than Carter. I’m not sure I like Nader as the backup SG either. But questions about multiple backups is a good problem to have.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns finish shooting 17-43 from three (39.5%).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns had all starters score double figures and had 3 off the bench do the same, Cam J, Cam P, and Carter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know, I still like Galloway more than Carter. I’m not sure I like Nader as the backup SG either. But questions about multiple backups is a good problem to have.

I think it could work by sliding Mikal and Cam into SG roles on offense when Nader returns. I think we'll see lineups with Craig, Nader, and Cam out there together when he returns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Happy they made it a laugher.

low mileage on all starters other than bridges.

3 turnovers for entire game ties suns record.

shot 50% from 3 after horrid 2-13 start to the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne and Carter both with 14 off the bench. Cam Johnson had 12 points. Payne also with 7 assists.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose