With Fitz, it's not about the money-----

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, saying that someone has "delusions of adequacy" is less than friendly. ;)

If you have to go that route it's best to confuse the issue; I recognize that you are confronted daily with the wonderful inability to perceive that you have delusions of adequacy. Add a smilie and all is well.:D

Steve

OP
OP
Catfish

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
However, saying that someone has "delusions of adequacy" is less than friendly. ;)

Use of the word delusional when referring to a person's actions is the same as saying that they have mental issues. This is not a place that any of us should go. I am up to a good joke as well as the next guy, but the use of such words can be hurtful to many people. They can be VERY hurtful to some. I just don't feel that it is in good taste on a board where we are supposed to be friendly with each other. But then, maybe that is just me---

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use of the word delusional when referring to a person's actions is the same as saying that they have mental issues. This is not a place that any of us should go. I am up to a good joke as well as the next guy, but the use of such words can be hurtful to many people. They can be VERY hurtful to some. I just don't feel that it is in good taste on a board where we are supposed to be friendly with each other. But then, maybe that is just me---

If you really take it that way then I guess you have a valid point. However, it's often used amongst friends and it's no more a statement about someone's mental health than "you must be off your rocker" or "are you crazy" would be. We all need to temper what we say but at some point, you can only litter the ground with so many egg shells.

Steve

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I will just say this---and thank you so much Catfish for having integrity---we just had a long thread about board decorum and---you know what---several of you deserve to be banned, because you repeatedly break the rules.

Enough!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, if you can call one person's panic delusional, does that mean they can turn around and say your positive opinion is idiotic?

is that the rule now Mods?

just making sure cause once again, someone voices a worried opinion and in turn, their met not with a discussion about football, but with an insult. and sorry folks... when someone calls you delusional... they're not complimenting you.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
so, if you can call one person's panic delusional, does that mean they can turn around and say your positive opinion is idiotic?

is that the rule now Mods?

just making sure cause once again, someone voices a worried opinion and in turn, their met not with a discussion about football, but with an insult. and sorry folks... when someone calls you delusional... they're not complimenting you.

:ban:Cheesy!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you have to go that route it's best to confuse the issue; I recognize that you are confronted daily with the wonderful inability to perceive that you have delusions of adequacy. Add a smilie and all is well.:D

Steve

I'll keep that in mind... ;)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When did everyone become so thin skinned?

Exactly, I remember when I came on this board I got flamed on my very first post. You had to have think skin around here, now everyone wants to play the victim and tattle tale on everyone for every little comment.

It wasn't even a broad statement, he didnt say; "YOU ARE DELUSIONAL."

he said:

Great now you calling something that hasn't even happened "reality" quite frankly you are being delusional when you make comments like that.

Not the same, nor is it the same as calling someone an idiot.

PS I cant believe you guys have me defending Shane. lol

Last edited:

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
to all those so sure Fizts is gone, it's obvious you have peak into the futre, how bout hooking a guy up with the numbers for the next powerball drawing?

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Exactly, I remember when I came on this board I got flamed on my very first post. You had to have think skin around here, now everyone wants to play the victim and tattle tale on everyone for every little comment.

It wasn't even a broad statement, he didnt say; "YOU ARE DELUSIONAL."

he said:

Not the same, nor is it the same as calling someone an idiot.

PS I cant believe you guys have me defending Shane. lol
I was reported once for using the word "liberal" LOL!!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was reported once for using the word "liberal" LOL!!!

I'm absolutely not advocating that we all start insulting someone and obviously shane used a word that people didn't like. Regardless of how much I feel that it was harmless I have to accept that people found it "offensive."

I want a board where everyone can discuss respectfully but I dont like everyone constantly taking offense to every little thing and calling out the mods for not micro managing every single post to make sure nobody ever gives anyone else any sass. That's all, I'm sorry for participating in the thread hijack.

Ok back to Fitz. I still believe he's going to stay. I think the FO knows how valuable he is and I dont think he wants to risk playing out the last year of his contract. A devastating injury could cost him tens of millions on his next deal. :D

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely not advocating that we all start insulting someone and obviously shane used a word that people didn't like. Regardless of how much I feel that it was harmless I have to accept that people found it "offensive."

I want a board where everyone can discuss respectfully but I dont like everyone constantly taking offense to every little thing and calling out the mods for not micro managing every single post to make sure nobody ever gives anyone else any sass.

Ok back to Fitz. I still believe he's going to stay, I hope I'm not being delusional! :D

All you have to do is search this forum for delusion, crazy, insane, insanity etc and you'll see these words have often been used around here, apparently without consequence. I don't want to offend anybody so if using the word delusional crosses the line for a few people I will attempt to remove it from my vocabulary. However, if this escalates we're going to end up with a really small dictionary before long.

Steve

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

I want a board where everyone can discuss respectfully but I dont like everyone constantly taking offense to every little thing and calling out the mods for not micro managing every single post to make sure nobody ever gives anyone else any sass. That's all, I'm sorry for participating in the thread hijack.

Ok back to Fitz. I still believe he's going to stay. I think the FO knows how valuable he is and I dont think he wants to risk playing out the last year of his contract. A devastating injury could cost him tens of millions on his next deal. :D
I agree, can I say that?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All you have to do is search this forum for delusion, crazy, insane, insanity etc and you'll see these words have often been used around here, apparently without consequence. I don't want to offend anybody so if using the word delusional crosses the line for a few people I will attempt to remove it from my vocabulary. However, if this escalates we're going to end up with a really small dictionary before long.

Steve

Could one say that a poster's synapses were regrettably not working at their optimum level when they said, such and such, or would that also be crossing the imaginary line?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, can I say that?

You're delusional if you think you can say that! :D

I've been a mod on this board for a long time, and I really don't quite get why so many people are stirred up about board etiquette right now. If we can't have passionate discussions about our team we might as well just pack this thing up. Of course we can't have abusive behavior either. It's always hard to draw that line consistently. We screw up sometimes in both directions. Either too heavy handed or too permissive.

Just remember this is supposed to be fun, and informative, and things will rarely get out of hand.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could one say that a poster's synapses were regrettably not working at their optimum level when they said, such and such, or would that also be crossing the imaginary line?

lol. Works for me.

Steve

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I't not panic, Shane. It's reality. If you had your pick of every team in the NFL and the highest WR contract to go with it, would you pick the Cardinals?

Shane is correct. The whole notion that Fitz will assuredly walk has no merit. There is nothing you indicate that is reality. Here are some of the facts about the Fitz situation:

• The two sides are currently working on a deal.
  • Both parties refuse to talk about the negotiations. Graves has stonewalled reporters about 100 times. Fitz has simply asked them to keep their questions football related.
  • Fitz has indicated he wants to stay in Arizona, on many occasions.
  • Fitz has confidence in the way the team is currently constructed. Here is a quote on his Facebook page from yesterday:
    Felt great to get a win last night in our first pre season game. I told you before Cardinals fans, get used to winning because we will be doing a lot of it this season. Believe that! Faith Focus Finish
  • The Cardinals have indicated he will be the highest paid Cardinal in the history of the franchise.
Everything else, one way or the other, is pure speculation.
If the Cardinals had built on their Super Bowl experience---sure. Instead players wanted out and the FO had few answers except to save money.
The only player I recall that the organization screwed up on was Boldin. He truly wanted out.

Everyone else left for bigger paydays elsewhere. Many of whom were overpaid (Rolle and Antonio Smith come to mind). I don't blame them for not matching those offers. Dansby told everyone who would listen that he wanted to be the highest paid linebacker in the league.

--------------------------------------------

It is way too soon to get worked up about the Fitzgerald contract situation. There is plenty of cushion in the salary cap to get a deal done and I have to imagine even Michael Bidwill understands the importance of reaching an agreement sooner rather than later.

For me, the time to panic would be if a deal is not done by week one. Although I don't think it will come to that.

Let the process work itself out. Even with our sluggish front office, I am confident he will sign on the dotted line.

Last edited:

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
You're delusional if you think you can say that! :D

I've been a mod on this board for a long time, and I really don't quite get why so many people are stirred up about board etiquette right now. If we can't have passionate discussions about our team we might as well just pack this thing up. Of course we can't have abusive behavior either. It's always hard to draw that line consistently. We screw up sometimes in both directions. Either too heavy handed or too permissive.

Just remember this is supposed to be fun, and informative, and things will rarely get out of hand.
:thumbup:

OP
OP
Catfish

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
to all those so sure Fizts is gone, it's obvious you have peak into the futre, how bout hooking a guy up with the numbers for the next powerball drawing?

How about this-----if your opinion differs, how about presenting a genuine argument to support your opinion. That's what we did. We presented a position backed up by statements made by the concerned parties, and with history of this franchise's normal actions when faced with spending real money. That is what this forum is for,-----(real discussion), not for degrading people by calling them names, or referring to them as wizards, or seers, or gypsies, or whatever you infer with your suggesting that we 'peak' into the future.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
referring to them as wizards, or seers, or gypsies, or whatever you infer with your suggesting that we 'peak' into the future.

:biglaugh:

Im a gypsy fish...I looked into my crystal ball the day we drafted Levi over AP & knew we made the wrong choice :D

OP
OP
Catfish

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Im a gypsy fish...I looked into my crystal ball the day we drafted Levi over AP & knew we made the wrong choice :D

Man-----you ARE good. I'm just the opposite. I have to look at past history to see what someone is likely to do in the future.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about this-----if your opinion differs, how about presenting a genuine argument to support your opinion. That's what we did. We presented a position backed up by statements made by the concerned parties, and with history of this franchise's normal actions when faced with spending real money. That is what this forum is for,-----(real discussion), not for degrading people by calling them names, or referring to them as wizards, or seers, or gypsies, or whatever you infer with your suggesting that we 'peak' into the future.

If you and Mitch had done any of this in a convincing manner, I too would be worried about Fitz's future with the team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, if you can call one person's panic delusional, does that mean they can turn around and say your positive opinion is idiotic?is that the rule now Mods?

I didnt call his panic delusional.. I called him saying Fitz being gone as a fact and stating that its already a done deal as being delusional.

Do you know why I said that? Because its true. He stated that it is a forgone conclusion that Fitz is gone. Does anyone really know that?

I'll answer for ya.... NO!

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
O ye of little faith.

Graves has sent Eugene Parker the initial paperwork. Mr. Parker wil read it (and probably pray over it) and talk it over with Fitz. They'll make their marks and notations and change some numbers and ask for a suite for Fitz's family to be tossed into the deal. Then the paperwork will go back to Graves and he'll call Mr. Parker and they'll talk back and forth and then everyone will agree and we'll all wonder about why we even worried. Sheesh, my friends. These things take time.

Fitz wants a ring. Yes. That's uppermost in his mind. But he's also spent months talking about how he wants to help build a Cardinals team that will win that ring. He knows full well that he's the face of the franchise and enjoys every minute of it. The fans, the autographs, the mural at whatever the heck school it was that put him up on the wall of the gym. That means a LOT to a man like Fitz. He thrives on the attention but is enough of an "aw shucks" guy we hardly notice his ego. He likes being here and he wants to be the guy that builds the team that wins the Superbowl. The AZ team. Did I mention how much he likes Whiz and Lott?

I absolutely think it's all in the works and someday soon there will be a little presser at the facility and everyone will look happy. Especially Fitz. Just my two cents.

(If I'm terribly wrong - and I don't think I am - he'll be he most despised man in the state of AZ.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave