TE room after Ertz retires in the future.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Is that going to be another big need to address in a year or two with one of our R2 picks? Or are we grooming someone good already on our team?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually, a good question is, why are we keeping Ertz? Cut him and let the young guy play all the time.
With the coach outright stating we will often use 12 and even 13 personnel letting any TE go is a mistake.
Seems both Ertz and McBride may see a high percentage of snaps.
Truth is, we still need to draft another TE high... Ertz will retire soon and we need to give a guy time to develop. Most TE's take a few years

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd much rather grab one of these emerging TE's on other teams that'll invariably need to get paid. I'd hope at that point we'd be rounding into a competitive team with a brighter future where we might be a halfway decent option to sign with. Guess I'm just wary of our ability to draft one that would make a difference.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Chargers are the same. TE contracts all end after this season. So everyone expected TE in a deep TE class with one of their selections. NOPE!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why we've written off McBride after one season. Like, there's a good possibility that Ertz doesn't even get his starting spot back when healthy.

Don't get me wrong, in no way has McBride arrived or anything, he just is an invested resource that played okay with room for improvement. It's really no big deal if we need to sign a mid tier guy or draft one in the 4th or later when or if Ertz retires.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why we've written off McBride after one season. Like, there's a good possibility that Ertz doesn't even get his starting spot back when healthy.

Don't get me wrong, in no way has McBride arrived or anything, he just is an invested resource that played okay with room for improvement. It's really no big deal if we need to sign a mid tier guy or draft one in the 4th or later when or if Ertz retires.
No one if writing him off. Our coaching staff said they wanted to run more 2TE packages.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

hell no... McBride had a fantastic rookie season that showed a ton of quick development. I expect him to continue to grow and be a fixture here for years to come.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA