Wink Martindale

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if they let VJ go, Keim is still there for the buddy system with Bidwill but KK & & VJ have reasons to be kept because of shown improvement statistically, even though they both lack in areas that cause us to lose games. VJ can point to injuries with the CB's & DL although he can't stop the run or get 2 first round LB's to understand his system but statistically his defense improved numbers wise. KK keeps improving the win totals but he doesn't adjust the offense week to week & gets figured out plus his team's just drown out the 2nd half of the season. Bidwill will listen to all the hoopla that Keim, KK & VJ tells him on how they can improve in 2022 with whatever changes personnel wise that can be brought in imo. I think we should try to get Vic Fangio as our DC personally but Wink would also be an improvement.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if they let VJ go, Keim is still there for the buddy system with Bidwill but KK & & VJ have reasons to be kept because of shown improvement statistically, even though they both lack in areas that cause us to lose games. VJ can point to injuries with the CB's & DL although he can't stop the run or get 2 first round LB's to understand his system but statistically his defense improved numbers wise. KK keeps improving the win totals but he doesn't adjust the offense week to week & gets figured out plus his team's just drown out the 2nd half of the season. Bidwill will listen to all the hoopla that Keim, KK & VJ tells him on how they can improve in 2022 with whatever changes personnel wise that can be brought in imo. I think we should try to get Vic Fangio as our DC personally but Wink would also be an improvement.

Vance Joseph boycotted all his high draft picks
He is buddy with Bidwill, don't mess with Keim or u are out

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vance Joseph boycotted all his high draft picks
He is buddy with Bidwill, don't mess with Keim or u are out
VJ damn sure boycotted teaching his complicated non run stopping system to Collins & Simmons lol. It'll be interesting to see if they keep him or not? I doubt he gets fired, imo the only way major changes to the coaching staff are made are these. 1. Losing record 2. Dwindling attendance. Like I said, Bidwill will listen to whatever Keim says & every interview I've listened to with Keim he speaks highly of both KK & VJ. If Keim thinks his job is on the line he'll look for a scapegoat & point the finger at someone else. Until his job is on the line he'll just keep making changes to the roster & keep everything as is. Having 11 wins is better than having a losing season but a true 11 win team has coaches that figure it out, they don't have losing records the 2nd half of the season. KK needs to learn how to attack teams weaknesses & not just use his spread/shotgun stuff, adjust, adapt, that's what good OC's do.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, the defense played like a game show most of the season, so yeah bring him in.
No team incurred more injuries on D than the Ravens did. They lost their ENTIRE secondary for 95% of the season. The previous 3 seasons they were ranked 7, 3, and 1. Martindale is a damn good DC.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just love how that defense attacks and plays tough.. it's what this defense needs. Even a fraction of that toughness would be a huge upgrade. Maybe he'd teach open field tackling too! Lol

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
VJ damn sure boycotted teaching his complicated non run stopping system to Collins & Simmons lol. It'll be interesting to see if they keep him or not? I doubt he gets fired, imo the only way major changes to the coaching staff are made are these. 1. Losing record 2. Dwindling attendance. Like I said, Bidwill will listen to whatever Keim says & every interview I've listened to with Keim he speaks highly of both KK & VJ. If Keim thinks his job is on the line he'll look for a scapegoat & point the finger at someone else. Until his job is on the line he'll just keep making changes to the roster & keep everything as is. Having 11 wins is better than having a losing season but a true 11 win team has coaches that figure it out, they don't have losing records the 2nd half of the season. KK needs to learn how to attack teams weaknesses & not just use his spread/shotgun stuff, adjust, adapt, that's what good OC's do.
Isn’t teaching scheme/responsibility really more of a position coach thing than the DC? I am not suggesting the DC does no teaching but rather that duty is really more a positional coach thing than anything.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is anyone more savage on his assistants than Harbaugh? Seems like they replace a coordinator every other year…

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No team incurred more injuries on D than the Ravens did. They lost their ENTIRE secondary for 95% of the season. The previous 3 seasons they were ranked 7, 3, and 1. Martindale is a damn good DC.
I hope you know I was referring to the Cardinals defense playing like a game show. That's why you bring in Wink Martindale.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose