Wine, food near Chase Field?!

AZZenny

Reaction score
Going to the game Weds PM, assuming we hang on to this nice lead, and looking for someplace within walking distance open for a very late lunch or early supper - can be a longish walk if necessary -- where my friend and I can get a nice glass of wine and maybe a salad or pasta or something on the light side. He's vegan, so that probably limits things a bit.

Been so long since I've hung around downtown I am clueless.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
probably on the longer walk side - but Cibo opens at 5 ....... i would be there when it opens and you should have no problem getting some very good food in a nice setting and then on to the game

http://www.cibophoenix.com/

there is definitely more options - but this one jumped to the top of my head immediately

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Thought of that, but that may be pushing the combination of walking distance and 5 PM opening for a 6:30 game time, since I don't want to be late.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Hanny's looks like a decent option in terms of food, time, and location, so we've opted for that.
As always, thanks for the assist. Now, GO FOR IT D-Backs!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Hanny's looks like a decent option in terms of food, time, and location, so we've opted for that.

Hanny's is phenomenal. Great pizza and their salads are decent too. I love their onion strings.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Cool, let me know what you think. Both of their prosciutto pizzas are delicious.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Very nice place, food was quite good, wine was a leetle chary on the pour, but an OK if limited selection. I would definitely go there again, and also am pleased to know of it since I'm often downtown at the Courthouses and wanted some lunch alternatives. Also just a quick stroll to the ballpark.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Very nice place, food was quite good, wine was a leetle chary on the pour, but an OK if limited selection. I would definitely go there again, and also am pleased to know of it since I'm often downtown at the Courthouses and wanted some lunch alternatives. Also just a quick stroll to the ballpark.

Cool, glad you like it. I really like the building as well, pretty neat joint.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I don't know if they have wine, but there is a z Pizza at 1st Ave and Monroe where you can get vegan pizza. Good stuff!

http://www.zpizza.com/locations/state/AZ

(For the 2012 season or when you're in court.) ;)