Wilson or Stromberg?

Would you have stuck with Wilson at 94 or drafted Stromberg instead?

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most contentious topics in the draft seem to be the drafting of Wilson and not drafting a Center that could start this year.

Personally I think Edge was correct in round 2 or we would all be complaining even more at the lack of Edge so my thinking is that the 3rd round pick was the best spot. Any Center taken after that is unlikely to start.

So the question is...

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we can look back at this thread in a few years and see which choice was the right one I went with Wilson.

I think Stromberg will be a middling starter for a long time (although not this year without injuries) but Wilson's ceiling is higher.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So we can look back at this thread in a few years and see which choice was the right one I went with Wilson.

I think Stromberg will be a middling starter for a long time (although not this year without injuries) but Wilson's ceiling is higher.
Predictably, given that I've been on the record as wanting a center, I disagree. Maybe his ceiling is higher--maybe not--but his floor is lower for sure, IMO.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I felt center was important to address in this draft round 2 so I voted Stromberg. Especially from a strength, height and ability standpoint along with need.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Wilson because I’m a homer. But also because I think he can be a decent #2 or slot CB later this year.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cardinals are running a wide zone, Stromberg likely isn't a fit at all.

While there's not much evidence of it on tape because of Arkansas's scheme he actually tested well. Including 4.47 in the Short Shuttle.

Speed wasn't great but his agilities were good.