Willow (Disney+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this going to be any fun? I mean the main reason the original was fun was because of Val Kilmer's Madmartigan character. Val's health means his character isn't going to appear. Plus, it's been a sooooooooooooooooooooo long since the movie. Many have never seen it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is this going to be any fun? I mean the main reason the original was fun was because of Val Kilmer's Madmartigan character. Val's health means his character isn't going to appear. Plus, it's been a sooooooooooooooooooooo long since the movie. Many have never seen it.
Mad Martigan will be appearing in this. Limited, obviously, but Val is involved.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Martigan will be appearing in this. Limited, obviously, but Val is involved.
I had not heard that. Early reports said he wasn't but now that I search it appears those reports were wrong. Even so, it's not the same without him being a main character. He was probably my favorite thing about the original film.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember watching Willow as a kid. Didn't remember much about it so I watched it last night. It was OK. Now I'm curious so I will probably watch the series.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember loving it as a kid but I remember nothing about it at all.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Creators have confirmed Val Kilmer will not appear. Sounds like they will do a small tribute mentioning the character. I think he might be dead in the series. I would have loved to see him but since he can no longer speak that would have been tough. They had to digitally enhance his voice just to speak in Top Gun Maverick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Creators have confirmed Val Kilmer will not appear. Sounds like they will do a small tribute mentioning the character. I think he might be dead in the series. I would have loved to see him but since he can no longer speak that would have been tough. They had to digitally enhance his voice just to speak in Top Gun Maverick.

There's not going to be any accuracy to the source material. In the books, everyone's nuked except for Willow and the baby, so...yeah.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched the first episode last night thought it was pretty entertaining. Looks like it’s gonna be fun.

However I did not like that the chick is a lesbian. Had this conversation with my wife last night. I feel you’re just pandering now. It doesn’t seem genuine.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have not had a chance yet. So many things to catchup on. This is one of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Have not had a chance yet. So many things to catchup on. This is one of them.
Don't hurry to catch it. Based on the first two episodes, it's not worth it.

Has a CW vibe -- dumb kids speaking like they are in modern times. I hope it gets better, but not holding my breath.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the worst. It’s actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It’s slightly above typical TV quality stuff but definitely not movie quality material. It’s entertaining. I have seen so much worse this year. The tough part is all my kids have no clue what Willow is because it's been so long since the movie.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was expecting the worst. It’s actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It’s slightly above typical TV quality stuff but definitely not movie quality material. It’s entertaining. I have seen so much worse this year. The tough part is all my kids have no clue what Willow is because it's been so long since the movie.
This is a fair description. But so far it’s kinda goopy meh.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is a fair description. But so far it’s kinda goopy meh.
Well, for a change I disagree with almost everyone. This is a travesty. Not even a "so bad, it's good" scenario. Effects and photography isn't that bad, but the acting, writing and directing is some of the worst I've ever seen in a fantasy show (and I liked Legend of the Seeker!).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, for a change I disagree with almost everyone. This is a travesty. Not even a "so bad, it's good" scenario. Effects and photography isn't that bad, but the acting, writing and directing is some of the worst I've ever seen in a fantasy show (and I liked Legend of the Seeker!).
I can actually see why you would say that. There has been IMO some great fantasy writing this year. Some of the dialogue though has been spotty for sure. I totally agree with you there. Maybe they can bring in some new writers if there is another season. Still find it entertaining.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose