Will we set a trend for the bad teams?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the Dolphins moved past Rosen when they benched him for Fitzpatrick.

I read an article this morning that effectively said the Dolphins made the switch both for the team, Fitz had the players behind him Josh didn't, and for Josh. They were concerned that the current situation was just going to crush Josh' confidence and anybody that knows anything about Josh knows confidence is one thing he does NOT lack for.

They could see him not trusting his OL, throwing off the back foot etc and they could see the bad habits(like we saw) becoming too common and they decided to let him sit and watch Fitz and learn again.

I suspect they've given up on him too but I think they also had a bit of feeling it's just not fair to throw a young guy into this situation after what he was in last season.

He has the physical tools, he's plenty smart, but the game still hasn't slowed down for him and that's a concern he has to overcome

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I read an article this morning that effectively said the Dolphins made the switch both for the team, Fitz had the players behind him Josh didn't, and for Josh. They were concerned that the current situation was just going to crush Josh' confidence and anybody that knows anything about Josh knows confidence is one thing he does NOT lack for.

They could see him not trusting his OL, throwing off the back foot etc and they could see the bad habits(like we saw) becoming too common and they decided to let him sit and watch Fitz and learn again.

I suspect they've given up on him too but I think they also had a bit of feeling it's just not fair to throw a young guy into this situation after what he was in last season.

He has the physical tools, he's plenty smart, but the game still hasn't slowed down for him and that's a concern he has to overcome

What has happened to Rosen is what we are starting to see happen to Darnold. No trust and thinks he’s going to get drilled every time he snaps the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Josh sucks - he can't read a defense and he throws WAY too slow for the NFL

Cardinals aren't setting any trends until they get an O line and D line

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What has happened to Rosen is what we are starting to see happen to Darnold. No trust and thinks he’s going to get drilled every time he snaps the ball.

Darnolds seeing ghost comment is exactly what I think Josh sees. To be fair Josh has actual people in the backfield damn near every play both teams he's played for but yeah all that has taken a toll. You could see it last year all the high throws and throws off the back foot he got worse not better.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In general I’d take Josh over Herbert and Fromm but Miami couldn’t sell their fan base that plan. It’s crazy they win one game and fall to 4th yet still have to play Cincinnati and the Jets again. They could legitimately not be picking outside the top-5.

The Jets will probably clean house and Darnold’s future depends on how he finishes the season and if a better prospect is available.

You never know what Washington is going to do.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what some of these teams, including the Browns, if they got the #1 pick.

Rosen, Darnold, Haskins, and now Mayfield look like nothing special. Yes it is early in their careers, but there is something to be said about lacking the "it" factor. Rosen doesn't have it. Darnold doesn't have it...although getting out of NY would be the best thing for him. Haskins is still early on, but doesn't appear to have much going on. Mayfield is in the middle of one of the biggest letdown seasons I can remember. People were sold on him after last year, and the Browns tried to surround him with offensive talent...and he has looked HORRIBLE. He is a turnover machine, is not athletic, and his confidence/cockiness is now just making him look foolish and stubborn when he is playing so badly.

If I was any of those teams, I would go all in on Lincoln Riley and Jaylen Hurts.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
In general I’d take Josh over Herbert and Fromm but Miami couldn’t sell their fan base that plan. It’s crazy they win one game and fall to 4th yet still have to play Cincinnati and the Jets again. They could legitimately not be picking outside the top-5.

The Jets will probably clean house and Darnold’s future depends on how he finishes the season and if a better prospect is available.

You never know what Washington is going to do.
Miami will take tua if available and Burrows as a backup option. There won’t be 2 QBs taken before they pick.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The trend is being set right now that you better have a rushing QB. Lamar Jackson and to a lesser extent Murray and even Prescott... you better have a QB who can run if you want to win now with college influence offenses :raccoon:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what some of these teams, including the Browns, if they got the #1 pick.

Rosen, Darnold, Haskins, and now Mayfield look like nothing special. Yes it is early in their careers, but there is something to be said about lacking the "it" factor. Rosen doesn't have it. Darnold doesn't have it...although getting out of NY would be the best thing for him. Haskins is still early on, but doesn't appear to have much going on. Mayfield is in the middle of one of the biggest letdown seasons I can remember. People were sold on him after last year, and the Browns tried to surround him with offensive talent...and he has looked HORRIBLE. He is a turnover machine, is not athletic, and his confidence/cockiness is now just making him look foolish and stubborn when he is playing so badly.

If I was any of those teams, I would go all in on Lincoln Riley and Jaylen Hurts.

I think that Miami should absolutely consider a QB. Who looks foolish now? Keim or Grier? He gave up picks to get a QB that he didn't even give the chance to play. At least Keim saw that their was a significant upgrade at QB (Murray) and moved on quickly.

The Jets are extremely unlikely to move on from Darnold, who has shown flashes of being a good QB.

The Redskins aren't likely to move on from Dwayne Trashcans and will blame the mess on Jay Gruden, even though the real culprit is Snyder and Allen. While this comment obviously can partially be applied to Murray as well, lacking college starting experience is a huge red flag for NFL teams, and Trashcans is showing his lack of experience. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but there was a PFF article that showed that while Haskins was often pressured at Ohio State, he had a QB Rating of 73 when he was. So not only do you have a QB that has few starts, he struggled mightily when he was pressured. He also has a really bad habit of shoulder throwing and not stepping into his throws. If he is forced to make off platform throws, his accuracy is horrible in those situations. Murray has struggled with this a bit as well, but he has also shown that he CAN make these type of throws as well.

IMO if the Redskins have a shot at Tua, they would really have to consider taking him because Haskins is a very flawed player. Haskins reminds me a lot of Rodney Peete. Looks very similar on the field in physical appearance and his general playing style. Tua reminds me of a Brees/Wilson hybrid.

The Browns have seen Mayfield be successful; they need to get a real offensive guru.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave