Will Lindley Throw a TD Pass This Year?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe, but Lindley now has 141 attempts without a TD. The next two defenses he'll face are #2 and #4 in opponent passer rating, respectively.

Will he find the end zone by the end of the year? I think he gets one in the second half against the Niners.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say yes this week 1 and 1 only all year

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
TD Pass? What's that?

Cardinals fans haven't seen one of those since NOVEMBER 4th!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I re-watched the Lions game last night & Lindley looked better than I initially thought. With the D playing so well, all he had to do was somewhat manage the game. He was serviceable. I could see him getting a td pass this week, but certainly not against the Niners. If the kid had demonstrated any ability to complete 60% in college, I'd say he had a chance in the NFL. I would keep Lindley over Skelton at this point as our 3rd string guy. Skelton has had ample time to prove he could near 60% and he CAN'T.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of odds Vegas would put on this? Would it be 50-1 or higher?

As far as the question NO!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's gotta get 2 in the next 60 attempts to get to Skeltons' numbers.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I re-watched the Lions game last night & Lindley looked better than I initially thought. With the D playing so well, all he had to do was somewhat manage the game. He was serviceable. I could see him getting a td pass this week, but certainly not against the Niners. If the kid had demonstrated any ability to complete 60% in college, I'd say he had a chance in the NFL. I would keep Lindley over Skelton at this point as our 3rd string guy. Skelton has had ample time to prove he could near 60% and he CAN'T.

And yet John Skelton was the QB for the majority of snaps in almost half the games the Cardinals have won since 2009. Just unreal how bad the quarterback play has been the last 3 seasons.

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/85907/someones-still-searching-for-that-first-td

No quarterback since at least 2001 has attempted more than 91 passes over a full season without connecting for a touchdown at least once, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Lindley has 141 attempts, including 120 in games he started. Ken Dorsey had 91 attempts for Cleveland in 2008 without a touchdown pass. Dorsey has the second-most attempts among the 10 scoreless players with more than 50 attempts in a season. Former Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart is also on the list. He had 77 attempts and no scores in 2009.

Whis has coached two of the ten QBs on this list. It's not exactly an honor.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
You guys have no idea what you are talking about, he has thrown a td pa---oh.....to the Cardinals? Yeah probably not

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Completeing a pass is a challenge for Lindley.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose