Why will Murray fail?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That was a loss that ended his season. Do you expect him to be upbeat after that kind of loss?

I could understand if he was giving interviews like this after the Texas loss earlier in the season, but this was him being disappointed that this both ended the season for his team and his college career.

If you read my post, I’m clearly saying I don’t know how to react to the whole thing. I just have no clue how he’ll react to adversity. Will he shuffle into the locker room sad when we lose? Will he take it as motivation to get better?

I truly don’t know, and I have no evidence because there’s nothing to show it.

But the shift on it is that he transferred out of TAMU, and bailed on baseball... it’s hard for me to trust.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even though he owned up to it, Solar is just going to have to get proven wrong about Kyler like he was with Kirk Cousins.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you read my post, I’m clearly saying I don’t know how to react to the whole thing. I just have no clue how he’ll react to adversity. Will he shuffle into the locker room sad when we lose? Will he take it as motivation to get better?

I truly don’t know, and I have no evidence because there’s nothing to show it.

But the shift on it is that he transferred out of TAMU, and bailed on baseball... it’s hard for me to trust.

He really has not had to deal with adversity, but wait, oh wait, that's because he has won everywhere he has been and looking into A&M because I had my questions there too, I can see why in the Sumlin debacle. This is the question or the only reality we have regarding him, he has freaking won everywhere he has been and has been a major reason why. That should be the emphasis... everything else is just plain looking for contemplation on the wrong side of the proverbial mule if you are a Cardinal fan at this point

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He really has not had to deal with adversity, but wait, oh wait, that's because he has won everywhere he has been and looking into A&M because I had my questions there too, I can see why in the Sumlin debacle. This is the question or the only reality we have regarding him, he has freaking won everywhere he has been and has been a major reason why. That should be the emphasis... everything else is just plain looking for contemplation on the wrong side of the proverbial mule if you are a Cardinal fan at this point
Come on. We know high school football is a different game, college ball is a different game. And we can't just ignore the TAMU thing. Just because I'm a Cards fan doesn't mean I have to think he's going to win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
His actual play is ok.
I worry about his lack of experience.
I worry about his preparation and work ethic as he has always succeeded with sheer athletic ability.
I worry about his ability to overcome adversity, because he has never done it that I have seen.

That is how he fails in the NFL.

###

It was good enough that 4 got drafted. I watched a different game than you. i saw a dude who came in thinking he was going to do the same thing he did against all of the other college teams he played, and did not prepare for how they were going to scheme against him. He looked unprepared coming into the biggest game of his college career. He looked like he did not spend time scouting the defensive talent that he was going to go up against, and how he would need to adjust to beat it. If you are a hard working , perfectionist, college QB, who do you go into a game without understanding what Alabama can do as a defense. He looked like he didn't prepare for how Alabama was going to rush him and ran into a bunch of sacks because he couldn't out-athlete the field.
Bump.

I haven't seen anything to date that has alleviated any of these concerns.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why isn't Kurt Warner a QB coach? The dude gets it. He's giving a dissertation on radio now - he'd be good for K1.
He damn sure couldn't teach Kyler how to run lol. He was a statue back there. Good thing he got rid of the ball so quickly.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
good, lets hope he get better protection from the offensive line

we really need some of the young guys step up and replace some of the mediocre starters we have, in particular pugh and humphries
This is why he gets beat to hell behind this O line gets disheartened and gives up not about talent but a QB can only take so many hits and not get injured or develop bad habits

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If he does?

1. His head coach and offensive coordinator is in over his head.

2. His poor footwork.

3. He is too small and lacks the agitility to be a mobile QB.

4. And most importantly, he plays for the Cardinals

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Everyone knows my feelings about Murray. That all said, the biggest reason he fails is Steve Keim.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
:grabs:

Be careful.
Evidence per stats already sacked 46 times with games left its funny I go all the way back to Jim Hart hardly a mobile QB one year he was sacked 13 times in a 14 game season granted the line was, Tom Banks, Conrad Dobler, Dan Dierdorf and Bob Young and Roger Finnie if I remember right a far cry from what we have right now potential to be average but not quite there yet

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well because KK is supposed to be the QB Whisperer Extraordinaire or so we've been told
No, that was the self proclaimed QB Whisperer Arians who made great QBs out of garbage: Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Big Ben etc. :rolleyes: