Why It’s a Risk to Hire a Coach With a Losing Record

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

interesting. I thought I remembered us getting killed against Carolina earlier that season, but I guess not. That said, I do remember that down the stretch of that season, we were atrocious, regularly getting beat like a pinata which helped us earn that moniker "worst playoff team ever" while Carolina went 10-2 after starting 2-2 and was undefeated at home at 8-0. Think we were something like 10 point dogs going into that game, thus the feeling that it would take a lot of unlikely twist and turns from not only us, but all the other games to end up playing at home in the NFC Title game.

and yup... that game was the ninth biggest upset in playoff history by spread.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
interesting. I thought I remembered us getting killed against Carolina earlier that season, but I guess not. That said, I do remember that down the stretch of that season, we were atrocious, regularly getting beat like a pinata which helped us earn that moniker "worst playoff team ever" while Carolina went 10-2 after starting 2-2 and was undefeated at home at 8-0. Think we were something like 10 point dogs going into that game, thus the feeling that it would take a lot of unlikely twist and turns from not only us, but all the other games to end up playing at home in the NFC Title game.

and yup... that game was the ninth biggest upset in playoff history by spread.

The problem that I had with everyone saying Carolina was going to win is that Carolina's win earlier in the year was FLUKY!

That Steve Smith TD he was clearly in my eyes, out of bounds! You could see how footprint in the chalk in real time...but the angle it was hard to see his foot out.

Sometimes your just 100% confident your team is going to win and that was one of those games for me, especially after beating a pretty good Falcons team.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem that I had with everyone saying Carolina was going to win is that Carolina's win earlier in the year was FLUKY!

That Steve Smith TD he was clearly in my eyes, out of bounds! You could see how footprint in the chalk in real time...but the angle it was hard to see his foot out.

Sometimes your just 100% confident your team is going to win and that was one of those games for me, especially after beating a pretty good Falcons team.
Gotcha. Regardless, that was the only time my crew got to have Celebratory Playoff Cardinals Cake. Definitely a run for the ages!

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese was talking about our run through the playoffs.

yeah, but I mentioned that Carolina game earlier in the season, which I mistakenly remembered us being blown out. Krango posted that game was much closer... and apparently one we blew a nice 17-3 second half lead in.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yeah, but I mentioned that Carolina game earlier in the season, which I mistakenly remembered us being blown out. Krango posted that game was much closer... and apparently one we blew a nice 17-3 second half lead in.
Ah

I don’t care

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great game and we we're there. We (son and I) went to a bar before the game with @Cbus cardsfan and his lively bride and it was mostly cards fans there. Couldn't believe the turn out.

Might be the best game ever. The NFL championships game might be the only game better against the eagles that I attended.

The Superbowl was a great game but we fell short, @Buckybird should have stayed home and we win the Superbowl. Anyway we flew to every playoff game that year except the Atlanta game. 10 grand but imo it was worth every penny of it.