Why did Suns Collapse in Playoffs?

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only saving grace for the Suns is that Memphis beat Golden State by 40 or so points a few days earlier and they led by over 50 in that game. Of course it wasn't a game 7 but I think that helped cushion the blow some from the national media.
Lol… no it didn’t. No one cares about that since GS came back and won and will soon be in the Finals.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lol… no it didn’t. No one cares about that since GS came back and won and will soon be in the Finals.
And you think national media cares one iota about the Suns and how they lost game 7? They didn't care about us when we were far and away the best team in the league, and they certainly don't give a crap about us now.

Finito

Banned
Reaction score
Oh these guys are in such denial. Make no mistake the media cared about the way we lost. It gave them all content for the shows

We are the laughing stock of the NBA

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you think national media cares one iota about the Suns and how they lost game 7? They didn't care about us when we were far and away the best team in the league, and they certainly don't give a crap about us now.
Not sure if you listen to NBA Radio or watched any host of NBA show/podcast last week but we were getting trashed ALL WEEK... for good reason. Every NBA podcast I listened to through Wednesday was a breakdown of how the F the Suns not only lost to the Mavs up 2-0 but completely melted down.

And there’s been constant talk of “what now?” re: Ayton and how much does CP3 have left and that our window just slammed shut.

Regardless, GS’ loss ended up being meaningless to them since they not only advanced but look like they’re heading to the Finals. That’s what they’ll be remembered for… getting to the finals and what shappened there.

We’ll be remembered for a humiliating collapse after having our best season ever.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh these guys are in such denial. Make no mistake the media cared about the way we lost. It gave them all content for the shows

Yup. Watch, even if we roll it all back next season we won’t be considered one of the contenders despite finishing with the beat and second best records the previous two seasons.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Watch, even if we roll it all back next season we won’t be considered one of the contenders despite finishing with the beat and second best records the previous two seasons.
Yeah, next year is going to be a challenge. It won't matter how we play during the season or who we beat, this embarrasing collapse will linger over us unless we do something about it. And I don't know if anything short of winning it all will put this loss to bed.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Because I’m a glutton for punishment I watched and listened to a lot of it. You had guys who thought we were weak all year gloating and all of our supporters just beyond stunned and having to admit how wrong they were. Simmons and Russillo sounded like they were coming back from a funeral when they did their pod the next day.

Finito

Banned
Reaction score

Unless we make major changes we can win 70 games and we will get no respect at all from the national media they’ll call us frauds all year

And we deserve it

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure if you listen to NBA Radio or watched any host of NBA show/podcast last week but we were getting trashed ALL WEEK... for good reason. Every NBA podcast I listened to through Wednesday was a breakdown of how the F the Suns not only lost to the Mavs up 2-0 but completely melted down.

And there’s been constant talk of “what now?” re: Ayton and how much does CP3 have left and that our window just slammed shut.

Regardless, GS’ loss ended up being meaningless to them since they not only advanced but look like they’re heading to the Finals. That’s what they’ll be remembered for… getting to the finals and what shappened there.

We’ll be remembered for a humiliating collapse after having our best season ever.
I don't agree, but so what? Why are you caring so much about it?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah, next year is going to be a challenge. It won't matter how we play during the season or who we beat, this embarrasing collapse will linger over us unless we do something about it. And I don't know if anything short of winning it all will put this loss to bed.
Unless there’s some changes the regular season will be unbearable knowing that only May/June matter. That’s one full year from now.

I felt similar after 07’. After 06’ at least we found something in Diaw/Raja and had Amare coming back. Then the Spurs happened again and i was out of it emotionally going into 08’.

Finito

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. Because I’m a glutton for punishment I watched and listened to a lot of it. You had guys who thought we were weak all year gloating and all of our supporters just beyond stunned and having to admit how wrong they were. Simmons and Russillo sounded like they were coming back from a funeral when they did their pod the next day.

Ha

I took it all in to. I was listening to a podcast while I was shaving and my wife walked by and said “why are you doing this to yourself”

This is my life. ASU in the Rose Bowl, the Cardinals in the Super Bowl, The 90s Suns the 2000s Suns, The Suns up 2-0 last year.

No matter how good it starts it ends in heart break over and over

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless we make major changes we can win 70 games and we will get no respect at all from the national media they’ll call us frauds all year

And we deserve it
Only a title wipes away this shame. Same as it was for Dirk all those years after his 67 win team lost in the first round.

That’s what the Suns team is compared to now… the Sonics that became the first 1 to ever lose to an 8 seed and the 2006 Mavs. That’s how unbelievably pathetic our Game 7 loss was and collapse that preceded it.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree, but so what? Why are you caring so much about it?
Who said I am? I just wrote what I’ve experienced after the loss.

Not everything needs to be a fight Chap.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Who said I am? I just wrote what I’ve experienced after the loss.

Not everything needs to be a fight Chap.
Huh? You are complaining that the national media thinks we are a laughing stock. Which they are. I'm am arguing that we may be a laughing stock, but I don't think the national media cares. I don't think they care about the Suns period, honestly. But you are arguing that they DO care and that we will have this "reputation" moving forward.

"Not everything needs to be a fight." LOL A little surprised you think this constitutes a "fight."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh? You are complaining that the national media thinks we are a laughing stock. Which they are. I'm am arguing that we may be a laughing stock, but I don't think the national media cares. I don't think they care about the Suns period, honestly. But you are arguing that they DO care and that we will have this "reputation" moving forward.

"Not everything needs to be a fight." LOL A little surprised you think this constitutes a "fight."
I know you’re going to chalk this up to taking my brothers side, but so far every single day that I’ve listened to NBA radio there’s been discussion of the suns implosion, Chris Paul’s failure, or Ayton being gone in every program. Every day. Every program. And I’m not in my car all day. So yeah, they do care. I don’t know why you are arguing against this. It’s a huge story.