Why are these wins important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont want to make this a play for draft pick vs winning thread.

But why are winning these games important. We have had awful years where we rattle off 4 wins in a row at the end of a 6-10 season. It did nothing to impact the team or the next season except prolong a bad coach in the past.

Take the cardinals out of it.

Is it important for Carolina to win this sunday. I mean really important in regards to the future of the organization?

I keep reading how important these wins are and I just cant grasp it. Most of the players are already looking towards the offseason vacations I am sure. And I mean any player on any team where the season is over.

So what is the importance to the future of the organization?

Players lose faith in the coach if thye lose out? Well then those players or coach need to go. Many teams have gone through tough seasons and dont "lose confidence" in the staff.

Did the Cowboys lose faith in Jimmy johnson after going 1-15? That would be one heck of a weak team.

So I am dying ot hear what is so important.....

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Carolina wants a top QB, winning this game might jeopardize that because they'd be tied with Cincy. As for the Cards, I was all for losing out and going 3-13 but since we won Sunday, we might as well try to win out and go out on a high note. As strange as it may sound, we're still in the playoff hunt if we win out and everyone else loses and the Rams and Hawks tie in week 17. Long shot, yes but still mathematically in it. And it seems as though this team looked different Sunday.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who wants to have their team be the only sub 500 playoof team in history? If that starts shaping up Ill have to root against the cards for the first time in my life. I in no way want to be in the playoffs at 7-9.

Maybe if Warner was injured 10 weeks of the years and is back healthy for the playoffs. Ok then Ill take it cause we have a legit shot. But this awful team? To be humiliated being a 7-9 playoff team ON TOP OF having no shot at doing anything in the playoffs?

Only a serious masochist would enjoy that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a sarcastic jerk.

You play to win. PERIOD. You compete. You play for the fans, the organization, respect for the game, the players legacies, the coaches reputation, and anything less than that is asking your team and everything about it to quit.

Any further explanation needed, already means that the explanation is a lost cause.

Why is getting a top draft pick so important ? Especially the #1 overall which is what you are looking at if a team is going to throw games and lose on purpose ?

A top draft pick guarantees absolutely NOTHING. The pick can bust, or the organization can blow the choice.

Throwing away games, giving up and losing, to obtain a gamble of a player is ludicris.

I don't want to play for the team that throws games, I will telll you that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think it's "important" or even "meaningful." I'd like to see you point to some posts where people are talking about how "important" it is that we win this game. I'm not seeing them.

But winning beats the alternative.

I'd like to see a win on Sunday because I'm in a better mood when the Arizona Cardinals win football games, even winning ugly football games against terrible teams.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Who wants to have their team be the only sub 500 playoof team in history? If that starts shaping up Ill have to root against the cards for the first time in my life. I in no way want to be in the playoffs at 7-9.

Maybe if Warner was injured 10 weeks of the years and is back healthy for the playoffs. Ok then Ill take it cause we have a legit shot. But this awful team? To be humiliated being a 7-9 playoff team ON TOP OF having no shot at doing anything in the playoffs?

Some of us support our team no matter what, and could care less of "humiliation.", pride is a fool's fortress.

You always have a shot. The "worst team to ever make the playoffs" went all the way to the Super Bowl.

Seriously, how can a Cardinals fan be humiliated by making the playoffs ? What the heck does that same fan feel when the team goes 3-13, and gets blownout by the Browns 44-6 ?

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
These games are semi-meaningless (NO PRESSURE) to perform. It's like further evaluations for the next upcoming season at this point.

In that reguard, it's good to compete WELL, for the young players to know that this team is good enough to win games consistently (even w/o the pressure).

A W against Dallas (an improving team) would go a long way in the confidence levels for the younger starters.

This league is all about confidence and results. We need plenty of both at this point to move forward as an organization, w/o the Warner buffer.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why? It nearly happened in the AFC West in 2008 so it's bound to happen sooner or later. Why not be us? We were laughed at being a playoff team at 9-7 and look what happened. Playoffs are playoffs.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Playing the game to win IS important, or why go out at all. Might as well have the Cards come out and quit before the friggin game starts, while saying "I can't take this, see you next year."

3 more games to win!

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a sarcastic jerk.

You play to win. PERIOD. You compete. You play for the fans, the organization, respect for the game, the players legacies, the coaches reputation, and anything less than that is asking your team and everything about it to quit.

Any further explanation needed, already means that the explanation is a lost cause.

Why is getting a top draft pick so important ? Especially the #1 overall which is what you are looking at if a team is going to throw games and lose on purpose ?

A top draft pick guarantees absolutely NOTHING. The pick can bust, or the organization can blow the choice.

Throwing away games, giving up and losing, to obtain a gamble of a player is ludicris.

I don't want to play for the team that throws games, I will telll you that.

You must have posted in the wrong thread. You ignored the entire first post and made it into something else.

Why are these wins important. Just answer that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's "important" or even "meaningful." I'd like to see you point to some posts where people are talking about how "important" it is that we win this game. I'm not seeing them.

But winning beats the alternative.

I'd like to see a win on Sunday because I'm in a better mood when the Arizona Cardinals win football games, even winning ugly football games against terrible teams.

Yep.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These games are semi-meaningless (NO PRESSURE) to perform. It's like further evaluations for the next upcoming season at this point.

In that reguard, it's good to compete WELL, for the young players to know that this team is good enough to win games consistently (even w/o the pressure).

A W against Dallas (an improving team) would go a long way in the confidence levels for the younger starters.

This league is all about confidence and results. We need plenty of both at this point to move forward as an organization, w/o the Warner buffer.

OK. I can get that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Beating Dallas at home, is important.

About as important as a Super Bowl win in my extremely skewed world when it comes to my hatred for the Cowboys.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of us support our team no matter what, and could care less of "humiliation.", pride is a fool's fortress.

You always have a shot. The "worst team to ever make the playoffs" went all the way to the Super Bowl.

Seriously, how can a Cardinals fan be humiliated by making the playoffs ? What the heck does that same fan feel when the team goes 3-13, and gets blownout by the Browns 44-6 ?
Funny how we were the worst playoff team in history even though the Chargers were 8-8 and the Eagles made the playoffs by obviously sacrificing something to the gods because they needed key losses in week 17 and got them and they barely made it in even though they tied the Bungles and had a QB that didn't know that ties were possible.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a fan. I want my team to win.

I also agree with Rugby that it would probably help the younger players

The only possible downside is some personnel/coaches that I would like replaced may not be just because the team did better in the final games.

In that regard, even though I would like to see Davis replaced, am I really right in that choice? I have no inside info that really tells me he has to go, just what I see as a fan.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if we win out and that saves Davis's job that will improve the 2011 Arizona Cardinals?

Wait...wait for it.....wait...for....it....... BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
THIS Thread SUCKS.

Alright so your not intelligent enough to come up with WHY the GAMES are IMPORTANT?

Just to help you all out. The following does not count as a valid reason as to why something is important

* cause I like it
* cause I want to win
* cause 'tanking sucks'

What are the itemized reasons why winning next sunday is important to the franchise?

WildBill came up with a good one that its good for the young players. But if it saves Davis's job is that a fair swap to improve our team?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
They should play to win for no other reason than the fans pay a pretty good amount of money to go to these games (ticket prices, beers, gas to drive out to BFE).

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They should play to win for no other reason than the fans pay a pretty good amount of money to go to these games (ticket prices, beers, gas to drive out to BFE).

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

This isnt about winning or losing.

WHY IS WINNING NEXT WEEK IMPRTANT TO THE FRANCHISE????

This take the fans out of the equation. It also takes out your personal feelings on the matter.

You know what nevermind. Its been impossible for any person to ask a basic question on this board for 10 years and get answers that arent thread hijacks.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Alright so your not intelligent enough to come up with WHY the GAMES are IMPORTANT?

Just to help you all out. The following does not count as a valid reason as to why something is important

* cause I like it
* cause I want to win
* cause 'tanking sucks'

What are the itemized reasons why winning next sunday is important to the franchise?

WildBill came up with a good one that its good for the young players. But if it saves Davis's job is that a fair swap to improve our team?
Dude, your intelligence speaks for its self.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, your intelligence speaks for its self.

As does your since you cannot comprehend a simple question. That you take offense to a question that has no attack in it whatsoever than just to find out a simple piece of information. People like you have brought this board down for years.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As does your since you cannot comprehend a simple question. That you take offense to a question that has no attack in it whatsoever than just to find out a simple piece of information. People like you have brought this board down for years.
If you can't comprehend why teams who play to win should go out and play to win, then just keep asking other people, I already know .:)

People like me? For years? You suck.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is winning these games important to the franchise?

Playing the game to win IS important, or why go out at all.

Our school systems stink. Serously its why our country is getting smacked around by almost every other country. Reading comprehension is gone.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you can't comprehend why teams who play to win should go out and play to win, then just keep asking other people, I already know .:)

Again read the question carefully. Does not question winning or losing.

How is winning these last 3 games important to the franchise.

Seriously man you cant expect to have an impact in society if you cant see what you wrote has nothing to do with the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose