Whoo hoo paid off my carloan just now!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually wanted to pay it off 2 months ago which would have been 6-7 months early but I decided to wait until today. After the final payment I'll have $10 in my checking but will be depositing money tomorrow to tide me over to next payday(next Friday).

So that's an additional $400 a month I can save now.

That feels good given that the current rumor at work is if we're not acquired we may have 9 months left before they shut the doors.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay, you!

Oh, and OUCH about your job. Hope that works out for you.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Russ.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually wanted to pay it off 2 months ago which would have been 6-7 months early but I decided to wait until today. After the final payment I'll have $10 in my checking but will be depositing money tomorrow to tide me over to next payday(next Friday).

So that's an additional $400 a month I can save now.

That feels good given that the current rumor at work is if we're not acquired we may have 9 months left before they shut the doors.

Did you make a lump sum payment, or did you finally just make you last payment?

With my improving credit score, I was able to refinance my car payment to a 4% lower interest rate this week. Saving $80 a month. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With my improving credit score, I was able to refinance my car payment to a 4% lower interest rate this week. Saving $80 a month. :)

:daveramsey:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He sucks anyway!

At first when I saw the Dave Ramsey thread, I thought we were talking about the meterologist on Fox 10 news.

Shows what I know.....

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had just under $700 left. The monthly automatic payment goes on monday so I figured why wait one more month for a payment of about 300 so I just called and said I want to pay it all off now. Since the automatic payment process is already started they just figured out the difference and said a second deduction of that amount will be made.

I was going to wait but I did the math and realized we get paid 3 times this month and I'll be able to make a deposit this weekend so that I have more than $10 in my acccount until next payday(next Friday).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had just under $700 left. The monthly automatic payment goes on monday so I figured why wait one more month for a payment of about 300 so I just called and said I want to pay it all off now. Since the automatic payment process is already started they just figured out the difference and said a second deduction of that amount will be made.

I was going to wait but I did the math and realized we get paid 3 times this month and I'll be able to make a deposit this weekend so that I have more than $10 in my acccount until next payday(next Friday).

Awesome. Congrats.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My credit score actually dipped a bit after I paid off my car, that makes zero sense. Credit is the dumbest thing ever, we should adopt an Ebay like rating systems, it would appear like this

04/10/08 Wal-Mart - Fast Payment, great credit risk!
04/09/08 WaMu - Lighting fast payment on car, A+++++++++++

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My credit score actually dipped a bit after I paid off my car, that makes zero sense. Credit is the dumbest thing ever, we should adopt an Ebay like rating systems, it would appear like this

04/10/08 Wal-Mart - Fast Payment, great credit risk!
04/09/08 WaMu - Lighting fast payment on car, A+++++++++++

The funny part for me is after she processed the payment she then asked if I wanted a Chase visa card, 0% interest for 6 months based on my exemplary record with my loan. I told her no thanks the reason I'm paying this off is to get rid of all debt, I have a VISA and Discover already I don't have any interest in more credit.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny part for me is after she processed the payment she then asked if I wanted a Chase visa card, 0% interest for 6 months based on my exemplary record with my loan. I told her no thanks the reason I'm paying this off is to get rid of all debt, I have a VISA and Discover already I don't have any interest in more credit.

Congrats, Russ!

Yes it is annoying. I only carry one CC and that is fine.

I hate many retail chains because every time you check out, they try to get you to sign up for a credit card for their store.

"Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I would like to get tons of junk mail and phone calls to save 10% on this purchase with the opportunity to pay 20% interest!"

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

You mean the conversation went something like this:

Russ Smith: I've just had my last bong hit, ever!

Car loan lady: Oh, since that's the case, would you like some crack or meth cheap?

Russ Smith: Up yours pusher lady! :slap:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA