Who would you rather fight? 1 jaguar-sized cardinal or 100 cardinal-sized jaguars?

Would you rather fight 1 jaguar-sized cardinal or 100 cardinal-sized jaguars?

• 1 jaguar-sized cardinal

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • 100 cardinal-sized jaguars

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm with Simmons, give me the 100 cardinal sized jags. That's basically like taking on a bunch of cubs. I'd rather take my chances kicking those things than a giant bird that can attack me from the sky.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
By far the best thing the Cards every put out because it actually shows more character and transparency than players and coaches going into cliche sports mode when asked a football question

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Simmons, give me the 100 cardinal sized jags. That's basically like taking on a bunch of cubs. I'd rather take my chances kicking those things than a giant bird that can attack me from the sky.

Better watch out for those feral kitties. They could bite your ankles. :wink2:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. 100 rescue Jaguars, that's all we need at my house. I can feed them and still be alive to pet them afterwards, I thinks I'm just feed for the giant Cardinal.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
100 bird sized jags. Keltec full of 7.5oz shot and why is anyone crying about anything? Sounds like a good arcade game to me...

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would hate to get swarmed, but that dude (love Stormare), while not exactly fighting 100 at a time, had chances to escape and was cocky/taunting.

That giant Cardinal could knock you down/kill you with one quick peck and/or lift you in the air and then game over. You are risk getting 1 shotted, including getting attacked from all angles/above. How much damage do you think you can take in one shot before it takes you down? Anyone familiar with Dark Souls/Bloodborne?

Jaguars on the other hand, I am sure you can do enough kicking to knock a number of them down at a time (and/or pinball) or just find some basic weapons to use against them. You can also take the high ground, we all know how that worked out for Obi (yes they can climb, but may not effectively with their small size). There's also really a finite amount that can get to you at any given time since they still take up space (Did someone say Leonidas?).

Those dinos in that movie look way bigger than actual cardinals.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If anyone has ever lived in a rural area, then you probably know someone who once tried to pick a cardinal up, that beak has some serious pressure at the bite and their beak locks (hell, look at the nuts they crack) and at that size their wings and talons for lack of a better word could mess you up too... I am going with the 100 little jaguars unless you allow them to climb up to your neck and then good luck buddy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anyone has ever lived in a rural area, then you probably know someone who once tried to pick a cardinal up, that beak has some serious pressure at the bite and their beak locks (hell, look at the nuts they crack) and at that size their wings and talons for lack of a better word could mess you up too... I am going with the 100 little jaguars unless you allow them to climb up to your neck and then good luck buddy

They don't have to climb up to your neck. They just have to bite your legs until you fall over.

Its possible I've put too much thought into this.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Cardinals are super aggressive. A 180 lb aggressive bird would kill any unarmed person on the planet.

The tiny cats? Kick em and stomp em to death.
You’d have to account for the speed of the cats (they run 50-60 mph). You may be able to stop 8-10 at once but the other 90 would overwhelm anyone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’d have to account for the speed of the cats (they run 50-60 mph). You may be able to stop 8-10 at once but the other 90 would overwhelm anyone.

Also a full size Jaguar weighs about 80 kilos. A cardinal size one would be about 10kg. So 100 of them is a tonne of animal to fight off and 100 sets of sharp teeth.

Again, I may have thought about this too much.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These are Jaguars not cheetahs so closer to 28mph top speed. And their speed would greatly diminish with their stride being 1/50th of what it is full size.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well duh, they're cats, anyone who runs like prey deserves to be eaten. And any cat owner will tell you that felines are easily distracted, just start waving your laser pen across the ground and after 10 minutes or so of chasing the light around they'll all be panting and ready for a good cat nap. Then, casually walk away, past what remains of the fool who chose to fight the giant Cardinal.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
These are Jaguars not cheetahs so closer to 28mph top speed. And their speed would greatly diminish with their stride being 1/50th of what it is full size.

Attachments

• FB728C41-0D33-4A5F-9324-8102E89C08F1.jpeg
    FB728C41-0D33-4A5F-9324-8102E89C08F1.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 5

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also a full size Jaguar weighs about 80 kilos. A cardinal size one would be about 10kg. So 100 of them is a tonne of animal to fight off and 100 sets of sharp teeth.

Again, I may have thought about this too much.
You think a cardinal is 1/8th the size of a Jaguar? A Jaguar can be up to 212lbs whereas a cardinal can be up to 1.8 ounces. On a conversion rate of 16 ounce to a pound that means that a cardinal is about 1/1,188th the weight of a Jaguar. Granted we are both combining mass with area.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose