Who will be the Suns WORST player?

Errntknght

Reaction score
The thing about Bender is that he has good moments. Now and then he'll string two or three of them together but it's very rare for him to have a good quarter. I don't think I've seen him have a solid game. That is extreme inconsistency.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about Bender is that he has good moments. Now and then he'll string two or three of them together but it's very rare for him to have a good quarter. I don't think I've seen him have a solid game. That is extreme inconsistency.

Yeah, he has nights that are better than others but even his good nights are disappointing. He shows glimpses of being a great role player and then he disappears for several games. Put the right mind and heart into that body and he'd become a star. But I just don't know if we can develop him into a viable player without a multi-organ transplant.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, he has nights that are better than others but even his good nights are disappointing. He shows glimpses of being a great role player and then he disappears for several games. Put the right mind and heart into that body and he'd become a star. But I just don't know if we can develop him into a viable player without a multi-organ transplant.
That's the same thing I used to say about Earl Clark. What a waste of a body.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way he lasts until the second round. A seven footer that can move his feet like a guard. You just don't get those guys like that every day.

Sorry but there are plenty of 7 footers that wouldn't go in the first round that can move their feet like Bender does, they just aren't real basketball players. So far, Bender isn't either. If he becomes a basketball player, those attributes will serve him well.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Remember before we drafted Bender I said many times that Bender is a prospect on the level of Zubac and Zizic. I would still say that, he was never more than a late first or 2nd round prospect.

His hype was just that hype. Hyped by amercian twitter influencer with little actual information or access.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Draftexpress scouts were paid by European basketball agents either with money or simply by allowing them access in return of favorable scouting reports, knowing full well that a player ranked high on draftexpress suddenly generates a hype wave.

Look at Kellan Olson, every single year that guy falls in love with some middling Euro prospects.

Errntknght

Reaction score
My recollection is that you said both Z's were better than Bender. Their stats are much better but neither of them ever gets significant playing time. What's the story on that?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My recollection is that you said both Z's were better than Bender. Their stats are much better but neither of them ever gets significant playing time. What's the story on that?

You'd probably have to look at their respective franchises... but it's hardly a knock on Slin's prognostication. Bender has quite obviously been a monumental bust for his draft position. Hoping the new coaching changes things. I think he's a willing defender, but not necessarily good and on offense... he is okay at hitting a wide open 3 and full on disastrous at everything else. On less shots than Bender took Chriss tripled the free throws that Bender attempted.

I don't agree with the narrative that Bender would still go ahead of Chriss. They've both been wild disappointments, but Chriss has been the obviously superior player. It's not an insurmountable margin, because I'd give Bender an F and Chriss a D... if Bender learns how to do something with his handles and either stops trying or starts converting his awful interior shots... he can close the gap.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with the narrative that Bender would still go ahead of Chriss. They've both been wild disappointments, but Chriss has been the obviously superior player. It's not an insurmountable margin, because I'd give Bender an F and Chriss a D... if Bender learns how to do something with his handles and either stops trying or starts converting his awful interior shots... he can close the gap.

Yeah, the only chance IMO that Bender would re-draft higher than Chriss is due to the mental state of Marquese. Without a doubt Chriss has been less of a playing disappointment than Dragan. I'd have probably put them about equal 6 months ago except Chriss closed fairly well last season while Bender continually embarrassed himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson