Who will be the Suns WORST player?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So last year I would have gone Dudley. Sorry Dudley. But now that he is gone, who is the worst player?

I mean no one stands out as awful when I look at the roster now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler with Chriss being a runner up.

Most expect Chandler to suck because of his age and limitations but Chriss doesn't have those excuses. Chriss may be better than Harrison, Canaan, or King but he won't take their minutes because they play completely different roles. I think Chriss will end up warming the bench most of the season unless the Suns make a huge trade that moves Bender, Warren, and Chandler because that might just free up some time for Chriss to see more time. Next to Ayton I think Bender will play better than Chriss also so he'll see more minutes at both PF and C as a reserve while Chriss will probably be the 6th or 7th big in the rotation behind Ariza, Ayton, Chandler, and Bender plus guys like Warren and Jackson who will see minutes as small ball PF's.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either Bender or one of the point guards.

Chandler is, strangely in my opinion, rather down trodden on this board. I think he'll be adequate as a back up center.

Chriss will either find his own or limp around as a low rate reserve for several more years.

Bender though... IMO this is his make or break season. He's a 3rd year pro, as much as Chriss gets ripped he isn't airballing 4 foot shots. Bender has multiple plays that were flat out embarrassing in the Summer League. As an offensive player he wobbles between inconsistent and disaster and while I've watched him play good defense, the numbers are hard to argue against; overall he has been a terrible defender. I'm rooting for him but he's a boom or bust player right now and IMO his boom odds are not high.

And... between Knight, Okobo and Harrison... no one stands out, the entire group might be a disaster. I like Okobo, but I don't think he's ready yet, I'm not sure Harrison is an NBA player and... until proven otherwise... Brandon Knight is Brandon Knight... which should make him the default pick for worst player.

Anyway... I think it's between Knight and Bender. I don't think Chandler will be in the running at all.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chriss will have a nice year being the only true PF on the team. Harrison and Bender will not help this team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Definitely not Chandler. If money were not an issue and we're talking about a team just trying to play their best this season, without considerations for the future, Chandler would make any roster in the league. There are not many Suns players who can say that.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Chriss will have a nice year being the only true PF on the team. Harrison and Bender will not help this team.
I guess if you consider Bender a true center. I don't. But I guess I also wouldn't call him a true PF. I guess he's a combo PF/C.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bender though... IMO this is his make or break season. He's a 3rd year pro, as much as Chriss gets ripped he isn't airballing 4 foot shots. Bender has multiple plays that were flat out embarrassing in the Summer League. As an offensive player he wobbles between inconsistent and disaster and while I've watched him play good defense, the numbers are hard to argue against; overall he has been a terrible defender. I'm rooting for him but he's a boom or bust player right now and IMO his boom odds are not high.

I can see the reasoning there but Chriss also missed so many dunks that his teammates quit throwing him alley oops because he'd fumble it and not get a good attempt or he would spike the ball off the rim, which was the more common occurrence. Both Bender and Chriss have been sorry pro's but I think Bender can stretch the floor better and Chriss might clog the lane some if he's playing with Ayton.

I think both will probably be in the NBA for 5-6 years, barring injuries, but neither of them will make much of an impact if the light doesn't come on this season. This is make or break for both of them though because we'll have the cap space to upgrade the position next offseason and I expect they will if neither has made a claim to being our PF of the future.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Definitely not Chandler. If money were not an issue and we're talking about a team just trying to play their best this season, without considerations for the future, Chandler would make any roster in the league. There are not many Suns players who can say that.
I agree! Chandler will fulfill his role, whether as a backup or spot reserve, in the twilight of his career. There are few expectations.

Bender and Chriss have the expectations as long as they are on the roster and expected to play some Center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I will go with Chriss as I think there is a chance he gets traded. Also the Suns seem more invested in Bender unless Igor surprises everyone with how he uses the players on the roster.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess I will go with Chriss as I think there is a chance he gets traded. Also the Suns seem more invested in Bender unless Igor surprises everyone with how he uses the players on the roster.
A little confused. So you think Okobo will be better than Chriss? Canaan/Harrison too? What about Troy Daniels or George King?

I'm not impressed with Chriss, like you, but he won't be our worst player on the roster. Not by a long shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little confused. So you think Okobo will be better than Chriss? Canaan/Harrison too? What about Troy Daniels or George King?

I'm not impressed with Chriss, like you, but he won't be our worst player on the roster. Not by a long shot.

Unless Igor surprises, it's more like Chriss is not in the Suns plan. This is why I picked Chriss. Who knows about the Suns backup point guards. Canaan may not even be healthy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
George King. Maybe Elie Okobo as a runner-up.
I figured it was implied that the player was playing enough to actually make a (terrible) mark. I don't think either of them will play enough to actually have an impact, good or bad.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the tried and true - Brandon Knight!

I really think we're going to see a new and improved Knight. But my Knightmare scenario is that Brandon remains the same old guy and is still our second or third best player.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I really think we're going to see a new and improved Knight. But my Knightmare scenario is that Brandon remains the same old guy and is still our second or third best player.
Brandon Knight our second best player? That is even too remote to be a Nightmare. :)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So, I am assuming we are not bothering with the likes of Okobo, King, etc. Limiting myself to "rotation" players, it will be between Chriss and Bender. I will always bet on the fundamentals and actual NBA skills over athleticism, so I'm gonna say Chriss. Bender has skills, but I am not convinced he will improve his confidence, so I will not be shocked if it's Bender.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So, I am assuming we are not bothering with the likes of Okobo, King, etc. Limiting myself to "rotation" players, it will be between Chriss and Bender. I will always bet on the fundamentals and actual NBA skills over athleticism, so I'm gonna say Chriss. Bender has skills, but I am not convinced he will improve his confidence, so I will not be shocked if it's Bender.
If we're talking only rotation players, then it's Troy Daniels.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If we're talking only rotation players, then it's Troy Daniels.

Do you think he's gonna get any playing time beyond a few minutes in a specialty lineup?

I think Bridges and Reed will compete for backup minutes at 2.
Knight, Booker, Warren, Ariza, Ayton will likely start. Canaan will back up Knight, JJ will back up Warren, Bender will back up Ariza, with some spot minutes at 5 when Chandler is not available or a shooting 5 is needed. Bridges and Reed will back up Booker and get some minutes at 3. I don't see Daniels in a regular rotation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Do you think he's gonna get any playing time beyond a few minutes in a specialty lineup?

I think Bridges and Reed will compete for backup minutes at 2.
Knight, Booker, Warren, Ariza, Ayton will likely start. Canaan will back up Knight, JJ will back up Warren, Bender will back up Ariza, with some spot minutes at 5 when Chandler is not available or a shooting 5 is needed. Bridges and Reed will back up Booker and get some minutes at 3. I don't see Daniels in a regular rotation.
That's nice to think about, but Reed is nowhere near the shooter Daniels is. That's going to matter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniels will definitely not be the Suns worst player. If so, the Suns will be in good shape.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? How do you figure that? He's already worse than most of the roster, including Chriss.

Are you saying this because he failed miserably when moved from the bench into the Booker role? That was far more than he was capable of IMO.

As pure talent, Chriss has a solid edge on him but for what we expect of the two, Chriss was also a much bigger disappointment. I'd like to see what Daniels can do as the 3rd or 4th man off the bench but I hope we never have to see him as the focal point of the offense again. Especially since he's so weak on D.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Are you saying this because he failed miserably when moved from the bench into the Booker role? That was far more than he was capable of IMO.

As pure talent, Chriss has a solid edge on him but for what we expect of the two, Chriss was also a much bigger disappointment. I'd like to see what Daniels can do as the 3rd or 4th man off the bench but I hope we never have to see him as the focal point of the offense again. Especially since he's so weak on D.
Except this isn't a "Who is going to be the most disappointing player on the Suns" thread. That answer will be different 100% of the time.