Who will be the next James Bond?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Craig on Returning to Bond: "I'm Over It At The Moment. We're Done"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...-moment-were-done/ar-AAfdl0o?ocid=ansmsnent11

With Spectre a little over a month from release, speculation has already started to build about whether or not Daniel Craig will return to play James Bond again in the 25th installment of the series. Just don't ask him that question just yet.

"Now? I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrists," Craig tells Time Out London when asked about returning for another Bond movie. "Not at the moment. Not at all. That's fine. I'm over it at the moment. We're done. All I want to do is move on."

In an honest interview in which the actor admits that he "begged" director Sam Mendes to return after 2012's Skyfall, Craig says that playing the British secret agent was "a drag." ("The best acting is when you're not concerned about the surface," he explains, "and Bond is the opposite of that. You have to be bothered about how you're looking.") Craig added that he hadn't given a potential return to the role any real consideration so far.

"For at least a year or two, I just don't want to think about it," he says. "I don't know what the next step is. I've no idea. Not because I'm trying to be cagey. Who the f - knows? At the moment, we've done it. I'm not in discussion with anybody about anything. If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my guess... Daniel Craig. He's under contract for one more, this movie will make bank and its Sony's only legit franchise. He ain't going anywhere until his contract lets him.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my guess... Daniel Craig. He's under contract for one more, this movie will make bank and its Sony's only legit franchise. He ain't going anywhere until his contract lets him.

I was thinking the same thing. I know there is a lot of talk about the next one, but I am really enjoying Craig's Bond right now. I just think it is a huge endeavor and very time consuming. I think he is just drained. He will be back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I know there is a lot of talk about the next one, but I am really enjoying Craig's Bond right now. I just think it is a huge endeavor and very time consuming. I think he is just drained. He will be back.

yup. and he knows he's never gonna see paydays like he does Bond again. He's never been able to open a movie on his own. Truth be told, no one but Connery was ever able to escape the shadow of Bond.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score

Brilliant maneuver to turn this contract against Sony. What I heard in the interview was - Yeah, I'll do it for the money if I'm forced. But if you want my best, give me the incentive to do so.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe he'll get back to work on the Millennium trilogy.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Craig Reportedly Turns Down Offer For James Bond Return

http://screenrant.com/james-bond-daniel-craig-leaving-role/

Daniel Craig has played James Bond in four movies, over the course of 11 years. And ever since late last year, when he was promoting the 007 film Spectre, Craig has indicated it was time to step away from the role. He even went so far as to say in one interview that he’d rather “slash his wrists” than play Bond again.

Craig’s immediate predecessor Pierce Brosnan was done as Bond at age 49 after four films; Craig is 48 and has also played 007 four times. That, and the actor’s apparent disinterest in continuing in the part, indicates that a new Bond may be on the way. And according to a recent report, that the decision has already been made.

The Daily Mail reports that Craig has rejected an offer to appear in two more James Bond films and is therefore done with the role. The report, citing unnamed sources, says Craig turned down an offer of £68 million (a little less than $100 million in U.S. dollars) for two more films. The report also states that Craig has been paid £38 million (about $55 million) for the four films to date.

:grabs:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Tom Hiddleston will be the next Bond.... he is a bit thin...but IMO he can pull it off...also, he is big with the young people right now so it may help in introducing Bond films to the next generation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tom Hiddleston will be the next Bond.... he is a bit thin...but IMO he can pull it off...also, he is big with the young people right now so it may help in introducing Bond films to the next generation.

Oh please no that guy is no bond!
He's Loki, and pretty good in that role.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh please no that guy is no bond!
He's Loki, and pretty good in that role.

have you been watching the night manager?? He plays a hotel manager turned spy in that show and has done a very good job.

I was reading somewhere,...the bookies cancelled the betting line on him becoming bond because it was starting to look like they were going to lose money.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you been watching the night manager?? He plays a hotel manager turned spy in that show and has done a very good job.

I was reading somewhere,...the bookies cancelled the betting line on him becoming bond because it was starting to look like they were going to lose money.

I'm only in episode 2 of Night Manager, but I'm warming to the idea of Hiddelston.

Would rather see Elba... Because he's freaking awesome. And If for no other reason to watch the internet just completely meltdown.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm only in episode 2 of Night Manager, but I'm warming to the idea of Hiddelston.

Would rather see Elba... Because he's freaking awesome. And If for no other reason to watch the internet just completely meltdown.

I was fully on board with Idris as well for Bond,...pretty sure he would do an amazing job.....
I was also quite turned off about the idea of Loki playing Bond.... Bond has a stature, a strength, a calmness about him that is the only area where I feel Craig failed,...and I could see Elba having it but not Hiddleston. But watching the Night Manager, and how that character progressed it got me on board with the idea.
Hiddleston, Elba,....both from England right?? When was the last time we actually had an English Bond?

okay...my bad,....I guess Daniel Craig is British....for some reason I thought he was an aussie.......

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to a Deadline rumor, Jamie Bell is being considered.

Nothing against Bell, but going back to an earlier comment there's a certain stature Bond represents that I'm not sure Bell can attain without some of these

You must be registered for see images

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
According to a Deadline rumor, Jamie Bell is being considered.

Nothing against Bell, but going back to an earlier comment there's a certain stature Bond represents that I'm not sure Bell can attain without some of these

You must be registered for see images

yeah...uuuhhh....

I would rather see Kevin Hart be James Bond than Jamie Bell....

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depends if the want to go with a classic Bond such as Hiddleston or look or break the mold with someone like Elba.

A few other names I've seen tossed around that could work.
Michael Fassbender - meh
Henry Cavill - After UNCLE I'd hope he was a sleeper for the role.
Richard Madden - If they wanted to go young and classic

Some others
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...dris-elba-to-some-more-unlikely-10323310.html

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to see Elba. Internet meltdown would be icing on the cake!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best internet meltdown would be Jason Statham.

Depends on what kind of meltdown. I mean pick any bad actor and naturally fans would react. However, that is different. Put a black actor in the part of peoples heads will explode not because he can't act but for other reasons.