Who will be the 2022 Breakout player for the Cardinals?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i think realistically speaking, on offense its gotta be McBride. There is a reason Rondale moore wasnt very good last year, and its either K1 or KK and they are both here and nothing has changed. Same thing with Zaven and Isaiah Simmons. As long as Vance is running the D those guys arent capable of a "breakout". Its just the most logical assertion

Id like to see Zack Allen get and extention and take another step

I am also in on the "hollywood brown will have a great season" wagon.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Does it matter? Marquise is better in every metric through 3 years and you think targets would wipe out everything else?

I was slightly out on catch % (targets/receptions). Over 3 years Kirk was 62.3 and Brown was 61.77.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake, the low range of your expectation would put him 8th in yardage and T-6th in TDs last year.

Two years ago Hopkins had 1400 yards and 6 TDs when he was sharing targets with Christian Kirk and washed Larry Fitzgerald.

To the OP, I really hope Isiah Simmons has a breakout season when he has live offseason workouts and training camp.
I would argue that Rondale Moore and Isaiah Simmons are the two players the Cardinals NEED to breakout the most.

Lots of guys like Kyler just need to continue to improve on their numbers, but Moore and Simmons are guys that need to take big jumps. Both have great athletic ability to breakout and should have large enough roles to do so as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Apart from every statistic through 3 years including total yards, YPG, YPC, catch rate and TD's despite having less receptions.
Yeah, dude. I just legit do not see it.

You must be registered for see images attach

These are career comparisons. They're close enough to me not to be meaningful. They're the same dude. I don't see anything here that's like "Actually Marquise Brown is going to be 50% more productive than Kirk was in an almost similar situation.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Andy Isabella.

But on a serious note, it would be amazing to see him play even the smallest of roles on this team.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are prob the same guy that thinks Lamar can throw more than a few routes. Put Davante Adams on Baltimore - you aren’t going to see much better stats than peak Hollywood. It was no different than putting an elite WR w a slightly more accurate QB in Cam Newton. These guys just can’t make all the throws.. reason why their TEs are always the team leaders in receiving stats.
@kerouac9 here’s your answer on the Kirk debate.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Leap...doesn't exactly fit the equation...

But.....

Rookie TE Trey McBride.
We notoriously fail with young tight ends.
Historically tight ends are slow to develop in the nfl.

But, we got this over/under offense,....deep guys and LoS guys...
TREY McBride is an intermediate guy....he's big, he's athletic.....

Bubble screen to Moore/bomb to Hollywood/ dump off to McBride....

I think that's kylers progression...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

But.....

Rookie TE Trey McBride.

Where does Zach Ertz fit into this? And James Conner?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It has to be Kyler on offense. He is going to get paid and we all want him to succeed, right? Collins on D.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah...them too.

But what's "breakout" for a rookie TE?

50 catches....650 yds....5 TD's.....

I would be totally thrilled
Kyle Pitts — a top 10 pick and a generational prospect at the same position— produced 68 receptions for 1026 yards and 1 TD in an Atlanta offense almost otherwise devoid of weapons.

Five TDs is a deranged projection.

13.5 YPC is more than Hollywood Browns career average.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

But.....

Rookie TE Trey McBride.

We're in serious trouble if that's Kyler's progression.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Trey McBride hype train is kind of off the rails at this point. He will likely be the 6th option once Hopkins comes back.
Agree. I think McBride starts the season in Maxx's role in 12 personnel sets and Ertz getting large snap volume. Once Maxx is healthy I think you see McBride adjust into a role giving Ertz less snaps to keep him healthy and Maxx taking the 12 personnel role.

That said, if McBride blows up, they will find a way to keep giving him snaps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, dude. I just legit do not see it.

You must be registered for see images attach

These are career comparisons. They're close enough to me not to be meaningful. They're the same dude. I don't see anything here that's like "Actually Marquise Brown is going to be 50% more productive than Kirk was in an almost similar situation.

Well that would be because I said "Through the first 3 years" and you are including Kirk's 4th, and by far his best year. So that would be why.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Hollywood has a huge season and Hopkins comes back and plays great and elevates Marquise Brown. I have McBride as OROY as they'll lean on him heavily as well as Erzt. On D Sanders and Cam Thomas end up being killer. Like it appeared; Keim has his best draft in years. Finally a draft where almost all the picks were what they were supposed to be. I often wonder if a guard should have taken a bit earlier. Did they not learn last year's lesson at RG and center. When those starters at c and g were hurt or sick; the team played remarkably well. But eventually people started figuring them out. Especially Aaron Donald.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose