Who is your most frustrating player in Cardinal history...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep

Any other answer is just hogwash :p lol

It really is.

With the expectation we had for him and the fix he was SUPPOSED to be at the #1 most important position on the field coupled with all the hype around him as the most NFL ready QB in a decade etc… He was infuriating!

Levi would be 2nd though ;)

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thomas Jones ranks up there for me too. He did not do well in Arizona and goes to Chicago and New York and plays lights out.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
I would have to say Thomas Jones, Garrison Hearst, or Calvin Pace only because they sucked so bad for us then went on to play very well for other teams.

I'm very surprised that Tom Knight's name hasn't surfaced in this discussion yet...

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5) KVB - great talent, couldn't stay healthy as a Card - could just as easily be Andre Wadsworth too

4) Tie Kelly Stouffer, Matt Leinart and for a year & a half - Kurt Warner (flame away, but you know it was true :) )

3) Buster Douglas - only because it proved the ineptitude of our FO

2)Bryant "Skillet Hands" Johnson - see #3 above X's 10

and Number One - Leonard "Big" Davis - never heard a Cardinal player so roundly booed each and every time when introduced

JTS

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thomas Jones ranks up there for me too. He did not do well in Arizona and goes to Chicago and New York and plays lights out.
Partly because he wasn't ever really given the ball consistantly enough...the 1 game they did...176 yds against the Hawks. Another reason was Macs infatuation with Michael Pittman :bang: who was solid, but never had the skills of TJ

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Partly because he wasn't ever really given the ball consistantly enough...the 1 game they did...176 yds against the Hawks. Another reason was Macs infatuation with Michael Pittman :bang: who was solid, but never had the skills of TJ

TJ got the shaft here anyone who posted back then knows I used to harp on it regularly.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was injured in Arizona too if memory serves too wasn't he?

He was a little bit but nothing serious and even when healthy wasn't getting the carries he should have

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
:mulli: that was Duck ;)

The only Aggie I've ever pushed the Cards to draft is some guy coming out this year whom is Houdini on the field & might be Pacman off of it :p

I like said J Football guy too... that should tell people how good he is if two Tea Sippers (far better to be a Tea Sipper than a Tea Maker) who hate the Aggies are saying he is good lol

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Matt Leinart. He couldn't even live up to the 'high floor low ceiling' status that some cautious draft gurus gave him.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Gee, thanks man for bringing up the worst moment of my Cardinal memories :)

He was a replacement for ..... Steve Little.... a kicker who the Cardinals took in the..... FIRST ROUND!!!

Oh these young ones know nothing of frustration.

Lesser well known was when he missed like 4 or 5 chip shot field goals to end in the MNF tie with the Giants, still widely thought of as the WORST MNF game in history.

I say again, one of the best moments ever was watching ESPN's fledgling draft coverage back when they still had binders and watching them dig furiously through them trying to find the guy the Cardinals just drafted.

Someone probably remembers who it was I've forgotten, I keep wanting to say it was Swan but I don't think so.

No matter the important thing is those days are thankfully history.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
JJ Arrington - couldn't believe how a pro RB would constantly just fall down at the slightest touch from a defensive tackler. It seems the most important times when we needed a yard for a first down is when he fell down the easiest short of the sticks.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Draft - Wendell Bryant.

Amen. Most of the other 1st round picks actually went on the field and tried to play football. Between his contract holdout, DUI arrests and underwhelming play he did NOTHING for the team. At least other first round busts would stink it up during games. Bryant didn't even do that. 3 years in the league, 1.5 sacks. Ugh.
:barf:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He was a replacement for ..... Steve Little.... a kicker who the Cardinals took in the..... FIRST ROUND!!!

Oh these young ones know nothing of frustration.

Lesser well known was when he missed like 4 or 5 chip shot field goals to end in the MNF tie with the Giants, still widely thought of as the WORST MNF game in history.

I say again, one of the best moments ever was watching ESPN's fledgling draft coverage back when they still had binders and watching them dig furiously through them trying to find the guy the Cardinals just drafted.

Someone probably remembers who it was I've forgotten, I keep wanting to say it was Swan but I don't think so.

No matter the important thing is those days are thankfully history.

Probably Anthony Bell, even though he wasn't a total dog during his time, just over drafted. I think he started 5-6 yrs

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Leinart. Were not for Rackers and a horrible defense, his career would have started, and possibly continued in a much different manner. Had high hopes for Matt.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I could do an entire dissertation on Cards players whom have frustrated me in the past 25 years. Making me pick only one is too much of a challenge as I can make arguments for ~20 players.