Who is your favorite Sun this year? 2020/21 season

Who is your favorite current Suns player?

• Total voters

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought of this while talking with @cwamjn during the Pelicans game. It seems like most fans have a favorite player that isn't someone most people would expect, as in not a star or a marquee type player that is hyped up often. So I thought I'd ask here, who is your favorite Sun this season?

I'm going to lump Booker, Chris Paul, and Ayton together because they all fit the star or marquee player label. If one of those 3 is your favorite then choose that option but I think most people have a favorite other than 1 of those 3 though.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I went with Cam Payne because to be honest i thought his bubble run was a fluke. That kid works his ass off. He's HUNGRY because he knows what its like to be given up on and be released from the league. So far he's doing all the right things and playing hard. He's got moxie an amazing work ethic a chip on his shoulder and skills. I'm looking forward to seeing this young man grow and excel in the NBA and couldn't be happier that Monte took a chance on him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Booker for me, but I would probably say Mikal would be my 2nd favorite.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is quickly becoming my non-superstar favorite on the team.

I woulda slapped you in the face if you told me that draft night 2019.
Between Cam and Mikal it is a real breath of fresh air to see some late lottery picks for us actually looking like good NBA players.

Hopefully we will see a similar story with Jalen Smith over the next couple years.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Had to go with Cam. So talented.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between Cam and Mikal it is a real breath of fresh air to see some late lottery picks for us actually looking like good NBA players.

Hopefully we will see a similar story with Jalen Smith over the next couple years.

yup. That’s how the Warriors turned themselves into a powerhouse. Hitting on late lotto picks, nailing Sraymond with a second and then getting really lucky with Steph on a bargain basement second deal that allowed them to make even bigger moves.

and I am really hoping Bridges makes me eat that 20 ppg crow. Even if not, if he becomes a solid 16 ppg guy while playing lockdown D and being able to keep the D honest by driving on the run out here and there, that’s a big time piece of the puzzle.

And the best thing with Smith right now is it doesn’t look like he’s going to be forced in there early so we can bring him along at our pace while winning games.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I picked Jones...

Bridges, the defense he's provided the past few years has been awesome. Then we saw flashes in the bubble, slashing, finishing and shooting. This season though, you can see the game has slowed down for him and he's making things happen for himself. Plays very well in the game without forcing anything.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam Payne and it’s not close. The absolute key to our team is bench team running and Paul health insurance. Payne is playing unbelievable basketball.

18/9.2/5.1 per 36 with only 1.4 TOV at 62 TS%. Literally all-star numbers if you dig down. Especially given his stout defense.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Bridges is really growing on me. I like that he has expanded his offensive game, and he's continuing to get more versatile as a defender.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s Cam Johnson for me. That shot is so pretty we all knew that but it’s the handles, defense and slashing that’s making me say wow...wow

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are lot of players that I really like but my current favorite is Cam Payne.

Bridges and Johnson have made huge strides but we know what the Suns looked like without a backup point guard.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I went with Cam Payne because to be honest i thought his bubble run was a fluke. That kid works his ass off. He's HUNGRY because he knows what its like to be given up on and be released from the league. So far he's doing all the right things and playing hard. He's got moxie an amazing work ethic a chip on his shoulder and skills. I'm looking forward to seeing this young man grow and excel in the NBA and couldn't be happier that Monte took a chance on him.

I second this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me I can narrow it down to Cam, Cam, Mikal, Dario and Devin. But that group is followed closely by everyone else.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still Booker for me but I love being so wrong about Cam Johnson

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges for me. But that’s why I chose his pic for my avatar since the day he was drafted.

Rmwmber how everyone hates that trade because we gave up the vaunted 2021 draft pick?

wasnt that a Laker pick? Man that trade looks totally genius now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges for me. But that’s why I chose his pic for my avatar since the day he was drafted.

Rmwmber how everyone hates that trade because we gave up the vaunted 2021 draft pick?

I was very happy with the trade but I was a bit sour we didn't take Michael Porter Jr.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

can count me as one of those people.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My guy is and will always be Book. I have no doubt that he will go down as the #1 or #2 all-time greatest Sun.
But, Bridges and Cam Johnson are right up there in terms of the joy I get in watching them play the game!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was very happy with the trade but I was a bit sour we didn't take Michael Porter Jr.
I liked bridges, I just didn’t understand it. We already had josh Jackson and warren and desperately needed a pg. and at the time the 2021 was supposed to be the much anticipated “double draft.” And then to make the pick of bridges seem even more bizarre we signed ariza abd then eventually traded him for oubre. Seemed we traded for bridges to keep burying him deeper into the bench.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My guy is and will always be Book. I have no doubt that he will go down as the #1 or #2 all-time greatest Sun.
But, Bridges and Cam Johnson are right up there in terms of the joy I get in watching them play the game!
Wow #1 or #2. That’s pretty lofty. It will take a lot of winning for him to supplant the greyhound and kj for me.