Who is your favorite Sun this year? 2020/21 season

Who is your favorite current Suns player?

• Total voters

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thought of this while talking with @cwamjn during the Pelicans game. It seems like most fans have a favorite player that isn't someone most people would expect, as in not a star or a marquee type player that is hyped up often. So I thought I'd ask here, who is your favorite Sun this season?

I'm going to lump Booker, Chris Paul, and Ayton together because they all fit the star or marquee player label. If one of those 3 is your favorite then choose that option but I think most people have a favorite other than 1 of those 3 though.

Muggz

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I went with Cam Payne because to be honest i thought his bubble run was a fluke. That kid works his ass off. He's HUNGRY because he knows what its like to be given up on and be released from the league. So far he's doing all the right things and playing hard. He's got moxie an amazing work ethic a chip on his shoulder and skills. I'm looking forward to seeing this young man grow and excel in the NBA and couldn't be happier that Monte took a chance on him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Booker for me, but I would probably say Mikal would be my 2nd favorite.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is quickly becoming my non-superstar favorite on the team.

I woulda slapped you in the face if you told me that draft night 2019.
Between Cam and Mikal it is a real breath of fresh air to see some late lottery picks for us actually looking like good NBA players.

Hopefully we will see a similar story with Jalen Smith over the next couple years.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Had to go with Cam. So talented.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between Cam and Mikal it is a real breath of fresh air to see some late lottery picks for us actually looking like good NBA players.

Hopefully we will see a similar story with Jalen Smith over the next couple years.

yup. That’s how the Warriors turned themselves into a powerhouse. Hitting on late lotto picks, nailing Sraymond with a second and then getting really lucky with Steph on a bargain basement second deal that allowed them to make even bigger moves.

and I am really hoping Bridges makes me eat that 20 ppg crow. Even if not, if he becomes a solid 16 ppg guy while playing lockdown D and being able to keep the D honest by driving on the run out here and there, that’s a big time piece of the puzzle.

And the best thing with Smith right now is it doesn’t look like he’s going to be forced in there early so we can bring him along at our pace while winning games.

SunnyBaller

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is quickly becoming my non-superstar favorite on the team.

I woulda slapped you in the face if you told me that draft night 2019.
Don't get to attached remember he's going to be out of the league in 2 years because he's to slow to shoot in the nba and can't defend

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
I picked Jones...

Bridges, the defense he's provided the past few years has been awesome. Then we saw flashes in the bubble, slashing, finishing and shooting. This season though, you can see the game has slowed down for him and he's making things happen for himself. Plays very well in the game without forcing anything.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
Cam Payne and it’s not close. The absolute key to our team is bench team running and Paul health insurance. Payne is playing unbelievable basketball.

18/9.2/5.1 per 36 with only 1.4 TOV at 62 TS%. Literally all-star numbers if you dig down. Especially given his stout defense.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Bridges is really growing on me. I like that he has expanded his offensive game, and he's continuing to get more versatile as a defender.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s Cam Johnson for me. That shot is so pretty we all knew that but it’s the handles, defense and slashing that’s making me say wow...wow