Who is to blame for me missing the first 3 minutes?

Reaction score
I am still fuming over this. The Sunday Ticket channel for the Cards-Panthers game showed the end of the Seahawks-Rams game before switching to our game. WTF is that about?! If I wanted to watch the end of that I would have watched it on THAT GAMES CHANNEL!
They not only finished the game but then went to James Brown in the studio, then showed some commercials. Then they finally switched to our game 3 1/2 minutes preempted.
I pay for the Sunday Ticket to watch MY team. How can they justify not showing my whole game! I'm thinking this HAS to be Directv at fault here. Any suggestions on who to write or call about this? I at least want to vent on the one's responsible.

I expected to see a thread on this already. Is nobody else mad about this except me?

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes I am pissed about it too. Like you I pay to see the Cardinals play on Direct TV. We missed a lot of action.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
You did better than me. My DirecTV feed was all screwed up due to rain in our area most of the afternoon. Local channels came in fine at first, then the channels the games are on started to settle down...all except channel 717, which the Cards were on. All day from 4:00 on, all the games were coming in clear except the Cards game. I had to sit and watch GB-SD and keep my eye on the ticker.

I f*cking HATE DirecTV at this point!!! All we've had from them for the past 6 months is one screw up after another, and a list of excuses as to why. I can't cancel my subscription fast enough.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy solution: Move to Arizona and go to the games in person. :D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was ticked off, too. I'm not sure if it was Fox's fault or Direct TV, but I plan on letting them know that I was not a happy customer. It's one thing for a game to run late, but then to go to JB and show me commercials while my team is playing? C'mon.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Easy solution: Move to Arizona and go to the games in person. :D

Believe me, BIM, I wish that was possible. My wife says we can retire there, but for now I am stuck in Ohio.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. They didn't just do it to the Cardinals vs. Panteras, they did it to all the late FOX games.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by FarAwayFanatic
I expected to see a thread on this already. Is nobody else mad about this except me?

I agree. We were without a feed in the radio booth as well. We had to rely on the video board for the replays until the folks at Sunday Ticket or FOX mission control figured it out.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn that just last week or the week before I was watching an interesting game on CBS that was in the final minutes but it cut to the Bronco game and a voice over cited "contractual obligations."

I wonder if CBS and FOX have vastly different contracts with their affiliates? It doesn't seems to me like they'd have to for something like this to happen. It's BS that they didn't release ANY satellite feeds for the late games until the game they wanted people to watch was over.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FarAwayFanatic
I am still fuming over this. The Sunday Ticket channel for the Cards-Panthers game showed the end of the Seahawks-Rams game before switching to our game. WTF is that about?! If I wanted to watch the end of that I would have watched it on THAT GAMES CHANNEL!
They not only finished the game but then went to James Brown in the studio, then showed some commercials. Then they finally switched to our game 3 1/2 minutes preempted.
I pay for the Sunday Ticket to watch MY team. How can they justify not showing my whole game! I'm thinking this HAS to be Directv at fault here. Any suggestions on who to write or call about this? I at least want to vent on the one's responsible.

Yep , that sucked big time. The game was listed as a 4: 15 start on DTV schedule. I don't even know if that was true. The sorry thing was , that the network feed didn't bother to show the turnover or other missing plays of significance that we didn't get to see. Fox games start at 4: 15 and CBS starts at 4: 00. what gives with that. The CBS games came on line in time. Fox blows.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I too was upset about that.
What finally provided the clue, for me, was when they did the quick cut to James Brown, who says in a pretty deadpan manner....and now these commercials and we'll be right back for the local games for those of you interested.....or words to that effect.

Obviously someone, somewhere, at Fox made a decision to pre-empt the other games in lieu of the Seattle-Rams "battle for the division lead".

I get the impression it was probably some bean counter who probably felt that there would be a better view watching %, etc, by keeping that game on versus cutting to the local feeds.

As far as Direct TV goes, neither do I totallly absolve them.
Those of us who paid "good" money for Sunday ticket are paying for the ability to choose and watch the games we desire, as much as anything. I know I wouldn't be paying what I am for it, if that wasn't the case. I can't believe that their contract with FOX would pre-empt them from having access to FOX's feeds, for their customers, regardless of what those idiots at FOX are doing.

I'd really be interested to know just what some of the repercussions of that was. There had to be a LOT of unhappy campers out there for those wanting to see another game.

I would expect that someone from Direct TV is/has been burning some ears at FOX. But I think heat should also be put on Direct TV for allowing it to happen too.

Some beancounters head should be rolling somewhere.

Last edited:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I was going nucking futs in my den on Sunday about this. Bitched about it a little bit in the "game day" thread.

They went to comercial before they joined the game - its absolutely ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson