Who Here Mentioned Garcia First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I know every Quarterback in the history of the league has been mentioned so far this year.

It is thought prabably 6 teams will want to pick up Trent Edwards with the seahawks having a pick before the 9ers.This coming from urban & Somers both.I've never been on the Trent Edwards fan club.10 people all said the same thing ,in that Trent has'nt been the same sine he was knocked senseless by AW.

Now the tweet I just got from Somers said a little bird told him to look for Jeff Garcia to become a Cardinal.I was mentioning Garcia due to his ability to scramble and make things happen and he has accuracy and Never played with the skilled players we have here.He knows what the word "TOUCH" means as DA does'nt so far.

I know its just another name thrown on the pile but the list is almost completed.The saints are gonna keep 2 kickers on their team now.Why not 4 qb's? We can't allow access to our draft pick qb.He may have a bright future.Just have no clue how it will be handled.

We just can't keep doing the same thing expecting different results.Thats stupid.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. Maybe 5 years ago. I would be irate if that happens. Why does this team always go for the dinosaur band aid solution? It needs to stop somewhere. If that's the route they are thinking of they should just throw Hall in now and let him develop. I'm done with older players and other teams' scrubs and castoffs filling huge holes. While we're at it no to Trent Edwards too.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know every Quarterback in the history of the league has been mentioned so far this year.

It is thought prabably 6 teams will want to pick up Trent Edwards with the seahawks having a pick before the 9ers.This coming from urban & Somers both.I've never been on the Trent Edwards fan club.10 people all said the same thing ,in that Trent has'nt been the same sine he was knocked senseless by AW.

Now the tweet I just got from Somers said a little bird told him to look for Jeff Garcia to become a Cardinal.I was mentioning Garcia due to his ability to scramble and make things happen and he has accuracy and Never played with the skilled players we have here.He knows what the word "TOUCH" means as DA does'nt so far.

I know its just another name thrown on the pile but the list is almost completed.The saints are gonna keep 2 kickers on their team now.Why not 4 qb's? We can't allow access to our draft pick qb.He may have a bright future.Just have no clue how it will be handled.

We just can't keep doing the same thing expecting different results.Thats stupid.

Jeff Garcia has to be close to 40, maybe older. He looked pretty pathetic the last time I saw him. I'd rather go with Hall.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doug, I think you misread the tweet.
I believe someone else was speculating about Garcia. Neither Somers or Urban have inplied the Cards have interest in Garcia.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 40yearfan was calling for him months ago

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We'd probably see Culpepper in here before Garcia. But not that I want that.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wanted Garcia over Warner when we signed him. I was dead wrong there! But he would still be better than what we have right now.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doug, I think you misread the tweet.
I believe someone else was speculating about Garcia. Neither Somers or Urban have inplied the Cards have interest in Garcia.

O are you gonna make me go look? Thats just so time consuming man.Why can't you just take my word for it as I'm coming back with tweet.Okay? If you knew me personally you would know I don't make this stuff up.This search I'm cursing you O the whole time.:(

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Urban said "nope" when someone said he heard a bird tell him about Garcia.

Nope. RT @jeffvietri: I know I shot down Edwards earlier, but a little birdie whispered possibility of Jeff Garcia. Heard anything? about 23 hours ago via TweetDeck

Once again I'm dead wrong as I missed the first and one word answer.Thankyou for being so well informed.So glad to put to rest that Garcia may wear the birds.Wrong but happy I am.I'll ban myself a week.Sorry.Now I owe
O" an apology.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
O are you gonna make me go look? Thats just so time consuming man.Why can't you just take my word for it as I'm coming back with tweet.Okay? If you knew me personally you would know I don't make this stuff up.This search I'm cursing you O the whole time.:(

Nope. RT @jeffvietri: I know I shot down Edwards earlier, but a little birdie whispered possibility of Jeff Garcia. Heard anything? about 23 hours ago via TweetDeck

I owe you a BIG apology "O".I'm imposing a one week ban on myself for being so blind at my age and speaking before I double checked my source.Won't happen again sir.Please accept my sincere apology. I'm glad so many great folks fight to keep things dead on here.Congrats to you for being one of those leaders.

Wish I could buy you some cold beers.If you knew how many hits to the head I've taken and my age you'd find a place to forgive me and not effect my cred.Later fan friend.Glad I was wrong and we don't get the little guy after all.Doug

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If were going to hire a Guy to mentor our young ABS wouldn't Warner make the most sense

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep bringing this up. The guy has a contract in the UFL:

Here's a quote from a N.Y. Post 9/1/10 article by Brian Lewis (Google it if you like)

"The Giants also reportedly showed offseason interest in Jeff Garcia, but he's under contract with the UFL Omaha Nighthawks and would have to be released before signing in the NFL, something Omaha is unlikely to do".

There are no such things as "escape clauses" in UFL contracts. What the hell kind of a league would entertain letting their players be tampered with and then simply walk away, during the season no less? Such contract's would be valuless and that's why such clauses don't exsist.

And Garcia is 41.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread will be much better if it becomes:

Who here mentioned Garcia last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members