Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is like a halftime show at an NBA game. Fun to watch but not a whole lot of substance to it.
The Cardinals aren’t winning anything significant with him as QB.
What do you call significant? A division title? A playoff win? A conference championship? SB? Curious where you draw that line.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you call significant? A division title? A playoff win? A conference championship? SB? Curious where you draw that line.
Definitely higher than a single division title or playoff win.

Year in, year out playoff appearances and and least a win or two = significance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely higher than a single division title or playoff win.

Year in, year out playoff appearances and and least a win or two = significance.
Seems reasonable enough. I'm not ready to give up on this team eventually getting there. Ask me again in 4 days though.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just now read this thread and it seems the whole intent of it was to call out fellow posters, rehash the same old arguments, trying to rub people's faces into our failure of a season so far.

I hate these kinds of threads. I should be a better moderator.

As for the original post, I am not happy and not angry either. My biggest problem with it was the timing of it. Had it been done right after the season it would have been a better deal for the team.

To revisit:
1. Keim should've been replaced.
2. Kliff, a 2 yr extension at best.
3. Kyler, 3 or 4 years.

But it is not my money and not my circus. I will still cheer for the team as hard as ever when kickoff comes Sunday. And, the suckitude is nowhere near the Graves-McGinnis era. This isn't even close. So far.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont understand the argument about giving a crap what Kyler makes per year. It's not your money and it doesn't change anything with the team. Keim can't put together an average roster with a QB on a rookie deal so what difference does it make? One less below average plodding RB Keim can over pay?
What he gets paid absolutely matters in terms of cap and it’s accentuated with a cash poor team like the cardinals. It means less talent around him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it absolutely changes things with the team. There's a thing called the salary... oh, you're making the "it doesn't matter because Keim argument".
Ah if that’s the thrust, we’ll, can’t argue with that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In the final 6 games he completed 65% of passes for 250ypg averaged 46 yards rushing a game and had 9 TD(passing and rushing) to 3 INT. Clearly not great, but also not "one of the worst". The hyperbole that comes out of you guys that wish we still had Rosen is comical. A number of factors led to our slide last year, including Murray's play which was pretty average overall the final 6 games, seemingly pinning it on Murray is just asinine.
Lol at the Rosen red herring. Lame.

Throwing out numbers is a TERRIBLE way to argue how kyler played. You apparently don’t understand that numbers can be put up in garbage time. Your comments make it obvious you didn’t watch those games or you’re just a kyler apologist.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Lol at the Rosen red herring. Lame.

Throwing out numbers is a TERRIBLE way to argue how kyler played. You apparently don’t understand that numbers can be put up in garbage time. Your comments make it obvious you didn’t watch those games or you’re just a kyler apologist.
You are just trying to start an argument here, I made it clear that he wasn't playing great over that time period, I was responding to him not being "one of the worst" I also mentioned his play was part of our downfall last year towards the end. Keep fishing with your OMG LOOK IT'S A KYLER APOLOGIST!1!1!!1!! nonsense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just now read this thread and it seems the whole intent of it was to call out fellow posters, rehash the same old arguments, trying to rub people's faces into our failure of a season so far.

I hate these kinds of threads. I should be a better moderator.

As for the original post, I am not happy and not angry either. My biggest problem with it was the timing of it. Had it been done right after the season it would have been a better deal for the team.

To revisit:
1. Keim should've been replaced.
2. Kliff, a 2 yr extension at best.
3. Kyler, 3 or 4 years.

But it is not my money and not my circus. I will still cheer for the team as hard as ever when kickoff comes Sunday. And, the suckitude is nowhere near the Graves-McGinnis era. This isn't even close. So far.
I'd add my two cents is that this is a difficult part of the schedule.

I know I saw a lot of people say the Cardinals would start the season 2-2 at best because most of us assumed KC and Rams at home were going to be losses.

Lots of football left and the Cardinals have getting Hopkins back to look forward to. They also get Hamilton back and should have Mullen integrated into the defense as well. The team is likely to get better. Even Moore should play better once he is reintegrated.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, other than Kurt and, in some measure, Palmer, he is the best the Cards have trotted out there since they've been in Arizona. That's a low bar to surpass in and of itself. But, that's a LOT of jack for the roller coaster the Kyler Murray Experience brings. There was certainly a case to wait and see when looking over the first three seasons IMO.
I'm neither "happy" nor "angry" about it, I'm just sort of "you paid a quarter of a billion for THAT?" many times so far this season. It just is what it is. The organization put their eggs in the KM basket and that's the way it goes.