Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout - answer the question. With ALL the factors I mentioned what starting QB succeeds other than Rodgers and Brady? Please I’m begging you.. 3 out of top 4 WRs out, Kliffy play calling - which is the biggest problem and a crap O-line. Please answer that and stop dodging the entire picture while only selecting 1 of the 3 to focus on. Please Stout.
Dude, I gave you one great example in the opposing QB. How about Aaron Rodgers beating us last year with, like, my grandma at WR and OL? And you're trying to say this is just a crap OL and they give up jail breaks every snap which is clearly not the case. I'm not dodging the question; you're asking a question filled with fantasy and demanding I accept the premise. I don't.

KM had a terrible game this week. He showed a decided lack of heart--go ahead, argue that after the inbounds slide that makes me hate his guts as a pro. We also have tons of other problems. He can both have a terrible game and not have enough help around him. Both can be, and are, true.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's being paid top 3 and he's not even top 20. Facts. IDGAF what you imagine market value to be. He's overpaid. If he doesn't dramatically improve, he'll be grossly and inexcusably overpaid.

He’s not too 20 lol ok bud.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's being paid top 3 and he's not even top 20. Facts. IDGAF what you imagine market value to be. He's overpaid. If he doesn't dramatically improve, he'll be grossly and inexcusably overpaid.
In 2 years, he will be a top 15 paid QB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And based off of what we’re seeing today he could still be over paid
Maybe. Is anybody really surprised that our offense has struggled without their top5 WR, and Rondale out, and Kyler not improving? These first 6 games are about keeping within striking distance of the division until they get back.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe. Is anybody really surprised that our offense has struggled without their top5 WR, and Rondale out, and Kyler not improving? These first 6 games are about keeping within striking distance of the division until they get back.
We should all be surprised that we're not tearing it up with Baccellia and Invisabella getting multiple targets alongside the future HOFer Greg Dortch

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's in the top 20, but it's hard to make an argument right now that he's top 10. He's 14th in Total QBR (surprisingly, only 13 QBs have a Total QBR over 50 right now -- that's not how that's supposed to work).

Qualitatively, I'd say these guys are pretty clearly above him:
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Allen
5. Herbert
6. Lamar
7. Hurts
8. Lawrence
9. Burrow
10. Tua

You're paying Top 3 money to a guy that's somewhere in the Middle 10 of quarterbacks. You don't really want your guy to be hanging with Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, Stafford, Carr, and Tannehill.

In 2 years, he will be a top 15 paid QB.
How many guys do you really think are going to be up in the next two years that are going to get that deal, though? The guys who were in the 2018, 2019, and 2020 drafts will be up for new deals.

2018 - Josh Allen already got his deal. Lamar Jackson is the guy trying to reset the market. Josh Rosen is out of the NFL and Baker and Sam Darnold seem on their way out.

2019 - Kyler just got his new deal. Daniel Jones had his fifth-year option declined but likely won't reset the market.

2020 - Joe Burrow will probably get the bag next offseason, along with Tua and Justin Herbert. The interesting character will be Jalen Hurts.

Of the pending free agents, Tom Brady is a pending free agent after this year. Kirk Cousins will be up in 2024. Dak in 2025.

I think this projection isn't going to look great. We'll probably have a QB that's paid like a Top 10 player but sitting just outside that range (especially if other dudes come up in the meantime.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL. Yes, imagine what a difference his--checks notes--31 yards per game would be making for Kyler.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. Yes, imagine what a difference his--checks notes--31 yards per game would be making for Kyler.
LOL. He was scheduled to be a big part of this offense, whether he was or not last year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After not practicing all preseason and then tearing his hamstring in his first practice back from injury.

Okay, my guy. Whatever you say.
Don't take my word for it. Take the coach's word or not. He is the one that said Moore was his best player in camp and that he expected him to have a big role in the offense. My guy.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Right now he's not. Can he improve and get there? Sure. He has the physical talent. Will he catch up mentally? The jury is very much out.

Right at this second, name me the QBs who aren't playing better than him. There are a lot of QBs playing better than KM at this point in the season.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude, I gave you one great example in the opposing QB. How about Aaron Rodgers beating us last year with, like, my grandma at WR and OL? And you're trying to say this is just a crap OL and they give up jail breaks every snap which is clearly not the case. I'm not dodging the question; you're asking a question filled with fantasy and demanding I accept the premise. I don't.

KM had a terrible game this week. He showed a decided lack of heart--go ahead, argue that after the inbounds slide that makes me hate his guts as a pro. We also have tons of other problems. He can both have a terrible game and not have enough help around him. Both can be, and are, true.
Lol - can you not read Stout? I am dead serious w that question.. first off I said anyone not named Rodgers or Brady. Second off, I labeled out 3 major factors yet you keep labeling one. Either you can’t read or are just trolling just to troll? Really weird. Concerned about your well being, PM me.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Rodgers beat us last year because their team ran the ball down our throats. Her only threw 178 yards. If Kliff were any good he would establish a run game but instead he is stuck on "have kyler throw from shotgun 50 times every game" mode. Kliff doesn't change his offense or his game plan ever.

Oh, and don't forget we win that game if AJ Green is even semi competent.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This should have been the year that Murray proved himself worthy or not. Same as Kingsbury and Keim. None of them deserved new contracts yet. We are stuck with all of them now so hopefully Murray grows up and earns that insane contract.

Exactly right. This should have been the “prove it year for Kyler Murray and Kliff, Keim should have been fired several years ago

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that somehow makes it better???
No, but the sky isn't falling either...
It isn't like the team is going to go bankrupt because Kyler hasn't played great for 9 of out 12 quarters this year.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Another problem Kyler has is that for whatever reason the coaches or he have decided that his legs, the one thing that makes him special is no longer part of his game. Kyler has has a specific skill set and it does not include standing in the pocket going thru his pass progression. The reason people were excited about him in the draft is that he is fast, elusive and could make plays with his athleticism.

Kyler should be rushing 10 times a game right now while not having his best WR's available. Kyler is like a poor mans version of Lamar. Lamar is averaging 80 rushing yards a game in his first 3 games while Kyler is averaging 20. Baltimore coaches know Lamar is not going to throw for 300+ yards a game. They know what makes him special is that he can move around, make throws when needed and punish the D if they give him the opportunity to take off. No D is afraid of a shotgun pocket passing Kyler with this offense. Defenses have figured out that if they can get close to Kyler while he stares down that one receiver he will most likely fall down or make a bad decision.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't like the team is going to go bankrupt because Kyler hasn't played great for 9 of out 12 quarters this year.
It’s more like 37 out of the last 40 quarters going back to last season…. It’s def a reason for concern.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s more like 37 out of the last 40 quarters going back to last season…. It’s def a reason for concern.
I wouldn't go that far at all, but I hear ya.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It'd honestly be kind of a relief if they did.

I'd watch Premier League on Sunday mornings and then spend the rest of the day being a good dad.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd honestly be kind of a relief if they did.

I'd watch Premier League on Sunday mornings and then spend the rest of the day being a good dad.
It is what I did in place of the NBA. Don't regret t at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray’s footwork and accuracy has been off this year. He missed throws he usually makes. Like the bomb to Hollywood. He was the best statistical deep-ball thrower and I was surprised he missed that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA