Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In 2-3 years his contract won't even be top 10 he's only top 3 because he just recently signed it.

IMO we need to do what Denver did hire someone else to look over Kliff's shoulder, game management decisions, how to run an NFL practice etc. I mean Hollywood was pretty clear the practices here are nothing like they were under Harbaugh and the Ravens.

I can't believe we'd fire Kliff this year after extending him 5 years but based on performance so far we should. If this keeps up they should very strongly consider firing him at the bye week

He made conscious decisions to not play starters during preseason knowing we didn't have D Hop. Starters still somehow got injured so it didn't protect them. ANd now we look like a team that hasn't played together at all.

Denver has an excuse whole knew system and a new QB, and denver fans are already saying fire Hackett, we have the same coach for another year with most of the same players and the offense looks like it was drawn in the dirt by a 10 year old at recess
I think this is the reason that Vance Joseph was brought in as well as the GB coach who only lasted a year with Kliff and Kyler.

Now Kliff has consolidated the offensive side of the roster with His Guys and it's been obvious that Vance Joseph is poised to be scapegoated for this season's failure.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pray tell, why? Honest question.
It was the only move to play. I could easily see shades of us watching our players leave and be successful on another team and I think Kyler would do that.

I'm not as reactionary as most people are after a win or a loss. If there was a poll on this board prior to the game, I bet it would have said that 80 or 90% of us would have put that down as an L. The fact that we somehow kept it close should be a small moral victory. I think next week's game against the Panthers will tell us much more about this team that losing at home to the SB champs and one of the best teams in the league in KC.

This team is an enigma though. 7 straight losses at home. 7 straight wins on the road outright when they are the home underdog.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I understand that Hollywood has played about 3X as many games as Bateman. So, I'll 3X Bateman's TD's from three to nine, as opposed to 22 for Hollywood. Your case would be stronger if you compared Bateman to AI, and I could agree with you.
In their first 15 games

One player is 54/741/3

One player is 51/685/7

You can just say that you don't know what the hell you are talking about instead of using several posts to show that you don't.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well other than KC we haven’t played awful. I mean a few plays here and there and we could have beaten the Rams. We have played arguably 2 of the top 5 teams Our schedule gets a little easier. San Fran looks average. Seattle looks avg We need to beat the ones we can for aure
See, I feel like we suuuuucked in the KC game, suuuucked in the first half on LV, and then had to come storming back, which is fun, but really isnt sound solid football. And then I really think we suuuuucked yesterday. Its just that the Rams arent that great this year either. We're just not a very good football team. How bad is yet to be seen, but I dont see any way we are a close to being there team. Its just not what I see at all.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out why you think that three TD's are better than seven. But, at least you didn't try to make the argument that the only reason that Hollywood was having so much success, was because defenses had to worry about Bateman. :)

Reactions: urs

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that’s how NFL contracts work… He has NEVER earned to be paid as a top 3 QB. Even as salaries go up doesn’t obsolve the huge over pay. He has never been a top 3 EVER or a top 5. It looks good if he gets better and improves quite a bit. But will he? Right now that’s looking pretty questionable.

You literally had 2 full years of control maybe even 3. It wasn’t necessary.

That was my point, a young starting QB with Kyler's first 3 years was going to get a big extension it was inevitable. That doesn't mean the Cards thought he was a top 3 QB it just means he signed his contract recently.

He has to get much better for this team to do anything this year but a huge part of the problem is Kliff. If Kyler is uncoachable and making Kliff look bad, Kliff should have told the team that, hey guys look instead of extending him you should trade him while he still has trade value.

Kliff had that deer in the headlight look the entire game yesterday. Like he was in a fight with McVay and knew instantly he was going to get crushed and was tryign to decide what to do. I'm no Vance fan at all but you saw 2 complete opposites yesterday they looked brilliant in the scripted plays and then Vance until the last TD drive shut them down. We looked like crap in the scripted plays and got mildly better after we started winging it more.

Again I love James Conner but it was obvious instantly how limited he was yesterday, he had WAY too many snaps.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out why you think that three TD's are better than seven. But, at least you didn't try to make the argument that the only reason that Hollywood was having so much success, was because defenses had to worry about Bateman. :)
It must be nice to compare three statistical categories, have only one that supports your argument and believe you are correct.

Most people would recognize that this would make them 33.3333% correct and 66.6666% wrong.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
False. Better coaching may be helpful but it also requires the student, in sports, business or even life, to put in extra effort to take what they learn and apply it to their craft. It is clear Kyler doesn’t put in that effort so a better coach would likely be wasted on him.
Yeah you’re right men never mature we all are who we were in our early 20s… You and none of know what effort or lack of coaching he is getting! You don’t make the NFL and be a top pick without putting in tremendous amounts of effort over your life. Bunch of message board dudes think they know what effort he puts in, bet he puts in more time and effort than most people at their jobs! If you don’t think quality NFL coaching would help Murray I don’t even know what to say at this point! KK is clearly in over his head he can’t call and manage a game at the same time it’s obvious! MB should force him to get an OC to call an NFL offense so that someone can actually focus on clock management and game management! The best teams in the NFL don’t have the HC tying to do it all himself especially a failed college coach trying to do it by himself!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Generational talents make all those around them much better, or so we've been told.

That’s your problem you think he’s a generational talent.

He’s not.

He’s a good piece but he’s not “The Man”. He’s gonna be a guy who needs a team around him

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

He’s not.

He’s a good piece but he’s not “The Man”. He’s gonna be a guy who needs a team around him
Except the blind KM supporters think he is that generational talent. And, oh by the way, he's being paid like one.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Stout please get off your podium of twisting everything to crap on Kyler.. answer this question; Outside of Rodgers and Brady - what current NFL QB succeeds with those factors? And don’t say Mahomes we saw how futile he has played when not having a Oline.
I'm not twisting anything to crap on KM; KM did plenty yesterday to crap on himself. Recall that I defended KM last week quite vigorously, because people were, IMO, being unfair with him. Recall also that last year I was pretty much in love with him for the first half of the season and gushed over KM like crazy. So, this idea that I have a hate-on for KM for no reason is just plain wrong. He's bringing it on himself.

I think we need look no farther than the opposite sideline to answer your question. Stafford had big pressure on him several times, where the OL set him up for failure, and where he stood in there and made the play anyway.

Also, your hyperbole that we "don't have an o-line" falls flat when KM fails even when he does have a clean pocket.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah you’re right men never mature we all are who we were in our early 20s… You and none of know what effort or lack of coaching he is getting! You don’t make the NFL and be a top pick without putting in tremendous amounts of effort over your life. Bunch of message board dudes think they know what effort he puts in, bet he puts in more time and effort than most people at their jobs! If you don’t think quality NFL coaching would help Murray I don’t even know what to say at this point! KK is clearly in over his head he can’t call and manage a game at the same time it’s obvious! MB should force him to get an OC to call an NFL offense so that someone can actually focus on clock management and game management! The best teams in the NFL don’t have the HC tying to do it all himself especially a failed college coach trying to do it by himself!
We all saw what kind of effort he puts in when he slid in bounds with no hit imminent in the hurryup offense yesterday. And, it's blatant from the missed reads and stubborn refusal to check down that he either doesn't understand or hasn't put in the work to understand what he's doing nearly well enough--that he's being paid top-3 money to do. But, hey, blame everyone else BUT KM, right?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler has a ridiculous amount of natural talent, but he also has a ridiculously bad HC that has never been a good HC. You could literally watch any other NFL game and see even the basement dweller teams execute on offense and get guys open, yet for KK we rarely if ever see someone wide open why? Because his offense sucks no creativity, very little movement, we are poor in the trenches on both sides of the ball! Expect a QB to make up for the crazy amount of flaws, short some of the best offensive weapons on the team lol. The guy calling out KK in the presser is gold! Maybe not run we screens with a little guy trying to block a LB haha. McVay owns KK to expect anything different than the Deer in headlight’s look was just fooling ourselves!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These posts and threads are ridiculous. Was Kyler perfect? Absolutely NOT. Was he part of the reason we lost, absolutely.. he’s the QB of the team. He’s not at a point where he can carry a crap team with crap coaching. He’s NOT Aaron Rodgers and he’s NOT Tom Brady. No QB in the league can do what those guys can TODAY.

- Hopkins, Moore and Green out. So 3 out of your top 4 WRs. I like Dortch, but he was 5th on depth chart for a reason. Ertz isn’t anything special anymore. Just for the most part a sure handed possession TE.
- 6 OFFICIAL drops recorded by the team. That’s a lot folks… those don’t include the few others we felt a player should catch or a stopped route a player ran (Isabella).
- Oline actually was better this game than it was the first 2, but still is below average. Pick your favorite top QB and tell me they don’t have a better line (Don’t pick Joey B either - guy hangs on the ball forrrrreveer.. been his schtick since LSU. Big reason for his sacks. Go check any scouting report).
- Playcalling. Absolutely disgusting. How this isn’t under fire openly is disturbing! It’s literally on every message board you can find that talks about the Cardinals. Theres even been articles written about it within the last 24 hours! Multiple! Check out the attachment, virtually same BS route tree I posted 2 years ago with Nuk. Limited routes, no creativity, no movement for your WR1. This isn’t a Kyler doesn’t know thing, this is a Kliffy playcalling problem. If any of you took time to watch the post game presser a reporter FINALLY called out Kliffy on it. It was hilarious, was last question of his presser and Kliffy was so flustered. You can see Kyler starting to want to distance himself from the playcalling and decision making too based on his response to his thoughts of Kliffy calling to go for it in the 4th instead of the FG. He didn’t support it just said we go by what the coach calls.

Again Kyler haters, I AM NOT saying Kyler played well at all. He played mediocre-poor as a starting QB in this league yesterday. He also is playing w the above factors. I don’t think anyone but Rodgers or Brady succeeds w the above factors.
You failed to mention Brown. He is a top receiver. Green going out actually seemed to help. Dortch is playing better than Moore showed last year. The drops and stupid penalties did hurt. KM going down when he could have easily run out of bounds to stop the clock is not something a leader does. Not just Brady and Rogers. Many wouldn’t have done that.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler has a ridiculous amount of natural talent, but he also has a ridiculously bad HC that has never been a good HC. You could literally watch any other NFL game and see even the basement dweller teams execute on offense and get guys open, yet for KK we rarely if ever see someone wide open why? Because his offense sucks no creativity, very little movement, we are poor in the trenches on both sides of the ball! Expect a QB to make up for the crazy amount of flaws, short some of the best offensive weapons on the team lol. The guy calling out KK in the presser is gold! Maybe not run we screens with a little guy trying to block a LB haha. McVay owns KK to expect anything different than the Deer in headlight’s look was just fooling ourselves!
Uh, read the other threads where KM had wide-open receivers and made the wrong throw. No one will argue KK isn't a major problem. Right now, so is KM.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler enabler huh?

Maybe you don’t recall the study clause that was in his extension? That clearly means he is not putting in the effort even if that was removed from the contract. It was likely removed because the organization was embarrassed more than Kyler committing to better himself on the field.

I love when people use the idiots on a message board argument. Shows a stunning lack of awareness by the person using it. Seems on point for you. I thought long and hard before replying to the previous post I replied to of yours because this unhinged response was about what I expected.

Funny you lead with the maturity crack since that was never mentioned at all but since you brought it up, when can we expect Kyler to mature ( you seem to suggest he is immature)? When he is in his 30s? 40s? Some people never really mature.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He’s not.

I am one of the doubters from day one and have never considered him to be a generational talent. Please don't lump me in with that group. lol

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was the only move to play. I could easily see shades of us watching our players leave and be successful on another team and I think Kyler would do that.

I'm not as reactionary as most people are after a win or a loss. If there was a poll on this board prior to the game, I bet it would have said that 80 or 90% of us would have put that down as an L. The fact that we somehow kept it close should be a small moral victory. I think next week's game against the Panthers will tell us much more about this team that losing at home to the SB champs and one of the best teams in the league in KC.

This team is an enigma though. 7 straight losses at home. 7 straight wins on the road outright when they are the home underdog.
This is so 1000% facts! This board is hilarious when you take into consideration what everyone would think would happen. 90% of this board had us probably starting the season at 1-2 and even the ones that had us making the playoffs. Probably still could easily write down 1-2. Now that we are 1-2 we have everyone saying we suck and are awful. How does that even make sense? We have outgained 2 of the teams we have played. Yes we can see flaws. Every team in the nfl has flaws. 49ers look awful on offense and that is after everyone here said damn Jimmy G will make them good. But there are a lot of teams with flaws!!
But how does one predict we will lose and says it with authority and then after we lose complain and criticize that we did is beyond me. Lolol. It’s comical and it makes opinions less believable. I always jumped on this team when we lose but that is usually when we were predicted to win. We are 1-2. If we are 3-3 when DHop
Comes back let’s see what happens. 9-8 is probably going to get a team in. Our division is winnable. Rams
Are Flawed. Detroit and us who didn’t play well for most of the game had a shot. Let’s see the next 5 games and then we can yell who to
Fire and cut

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not twisting anything to crap on KM; KM did plenty yesterday to crap on himself. Recall that I defended KM last week quite vigorously, because people were, IMO, being unfair with him. Recall also that last year I was pretty much in love with him for the first half of the season and gushed over KM like crazy. So, this idea that I have a hate-on for KM for no reason is just plain wrong. He's bringing it on himself.

I think we need look no farther than the opposite sideline to answer your question. Stafford had big pressure on him several times, where the OL set him up for failure, and where he stood in there and made the play anyway.

Also, your hyperbole that we "don't have an o-line" falls flat when KM fails even when he does have a clean pocket.
Stout - answer the question. With ALL the factors I mentioned what starting QB succeeds other than Rodgers and Brady? Please I’m begging you.. 3 out of top 4 WRs out, Kliffy play calling - which is the biggest problem and a crap O-line. Please answer that and stop dodging the entire picture while only selecting 1 of the 3 to focus on. Please Stout.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except the blind KM supporters think he is that generational talent. And, oh by the way, he's being paid like one.

But he's not he's being paid like a 4th year QB, a proven starter, who got an extension. That was the market. Chris Sanders said it the day the whole thing started if the Cards are going to extend him, do it now or the price will go up, they didn't and it did.

I kept saying it in all those offseason threads on Kyler. if they are not SURE he's the guy, trade him now. Tell Dallas or Philly or whoever we're open to a deal and do it because if you wait the price will go up and that will make it harder to trade him later.

IN a couple of years his deal won't be top 10 in all likelihood that's the way NFL QB contracts work. I just hope in a couple of years Kliff isn't still the coach unless the goal is to stockpile high draft picks so Keim can keep taking ILB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But he's not he's being paid like a 4th year QB, a proven starter, who got an extension. That was the market. Chris Sanders said it the day the whole thing started if the Cards are going to extend him, do it now or the price will go up, they didn't and it did.

I kept saying it in all those offseason threads on Kyler. if they are not SURE he's the guy, trade him now. Tell Dallas or Philly or whoever we're open to a deal and do it because if you wait the price will go up and that will make it harder to trade him later.

IN a couple of years his deal won't be top 10 in all likelihood that's the way NFL QB contracts work. I just hope in a couple of years Kliff isn't still the coach unless the goal is to stockpile high draft picks so Keim can keep taking ILB.
Greatest meme on ASFN, hands down.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was my point, a young starting QB with Kyler's first 3 years was going to get a big extension it was inevitable. That doesn't mean the Cards thought he was a top 3 QB it just means he signed his contract recently.

He has to get much better for this team to do anything this year but a huge part of the problem is Kliff. If Kyler is uncoachable and making Kliff look bad, Kliff should have told the team that, hey guys look instead of extending him you should trade him while he still has trade value.

Kliff had that deer in the headlight look the entire game yesterday. Like he was in a fight with McVay and knew instantly he was going to get crushed and was tryign to decide what to do. I'm no Vance fan at all but you saw 2 complete opposites yesterday they looked brilliant in the scripted plays and then Vance until the last TD drive shut them down. We looked like crap in the scripted plays and got mildly better after we started winging it more.

Again I love James Conner but it was obvious instantly how limited he was yesterday, he had WAY too many snaps.
McVay has had Kliff under his thumb ever since he helped him seal the deal on a instagram model. Kliff knows Shanahan doesnt like him and he approaches him as such. I still remember being upset how we really didnt hammer it on the Rams early last year. We should have hung 40+ on them but instead he took his foot off the gas.

Having said that I'll judge Kliff on the next 3 weeks. It could be a simple case of Kyler is afraid of Donald and Kliff is just McVay's little brother who he beats him up.

Wouldnt shock me if we won the next 3 games. Although there is Kliff figuring out Matt Rhule..

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
McVay has had Kliff under his thumb ever since he helped him seal the deal on a instagram model. Kliff knows Shanahan doesnt like him and he approaches him as such. I still remember being upset how we really didnt hammer it on the Rams early last year. We should have hung 40+ on them but instead he took his foot off the gas.

Having said that I'll judge Kliff on the next 3 weeks. It could be a simple case of Kyler is afraid of Donald and Kliff is just McVay's little brother who he beats up on.

Wouldnt shock me if we won the next 3 games. Although there is Kliff figuring out Matt Rhule..
Imagine having 3+ seasons of evidence on Kliff but limiting your purview to three weeks in the future. Why?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose