Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler made 100% sense even if it doesn't work out. Keim and KK did not.

Explain how it made sense please? He’s being paid top 3 money…. 3 weeks in so far do you see a top 3 QB? In the last 7 weeks last season including playoffs did you see a top 3 QB?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, I really wish we had years of team control left over KM so we didn't have to pay him before we knew if he'd actually earn that big-money deal. What's that, you say? The Cards did have years of team control over KM? SMFH What a dumpster fire.
I did not think he warranted a new contract. I question why we would pay him Mahomes and Rodgers money when not only has he not won a division or playoff game but in his only playoff game he looked abysmal.
Kyler is a splash play hit or miss quarterback that hasn’t learned simplest nuances of the game.
You can blame Kingsbury for a lot of things but he shouldn’t have to worry about his Qb running out of bounds and stopping the clock instead of sliding.
Bidwill blew it big time. The only thing this team can do now is wait and hope the light goes on. If he didn’t have his running ability he would be a shorter version of Josh Rosen.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I did not think he warranted a new contract. I question why we would pay him Mahomes and Rodgers money when not only has he not won a division or playoff game but in his only playoff game he looked abysmal.
Kyler is a splash play hit or miss quarterback that hasn’t learned simplest nuances of the game.
You can blame Kingsbury for a lot of things but he shouldn’t have to worry about his Qb running out of bounds and stopping the clock instead of sliding.
Bidwill blew it big time. The only thing this team can do now is wait and hope the light goes on. If he didn’t have his running ability he would be a shorter version of Josh Rosen.
Yep. The chicken little kool aiders kept claiming we had to sign him to the mega deal, we just had to. Yeah, no we didn't. He would have pouted, thrown a temper tantrum, then either sucked it up and got on with the work or shown he has what it takes to be the man.

That play today showed us all we needed to know about KM.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Explain how it made sense please? He’s being paid top 3 money…. 3 weeks in so far do you see a top 3 QB? In the last 7 weeks last season including playoffs did you see a top 3 QB?
First, if we extended Keim and KK it would be insane to not extend him, because how does not keeping him make sense here?

If we didn't extend them, it opens the door for another coach/GM to give Kyler a shot. Most QB's don't even come close to KM's talent/potential and this is a QB driven league. But he needs to improve and that's on him/coaches, etc.

You have a chance to win with him, you aren't ever guaranteed drafting a decent QB. Trading for a good one is extremely pricy and still a major gamble.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
First, if we extended Keim and KK it would be insane to not extend him, because how does not keeping him make sense here?

If we didn't extend them, it opens the door for another coach/GM to give Kyler a shot.
Most QB's don't even come close to KM's talent/potential and this is a QB driven league. But he needs to improve and that's on him/coaches, etc.

You have a chance to win with him, you aren't ever guaranteed drafting a decent QB. Trading for a good one is extremely pricy and still a major gamble.
Yeah, no. He was under team control for years yet. Nobody needed to be extended this past offseason, nor should they have been.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't want to answer after another trash performance, but I will say this: I wish someone would aggregate all Kyler's stats after the game enters what K9 lovingly refers to as his Blaine Gabbert phase of the game; that is, being down 14 or 20+ points, basically garbage time stats. Also, I know there are those who will blame Kliff for the clock management, but Kyler is the one making line adjustments as the clock is at 3...2...1...0. It makes zero sense how he can be that clueless week after week on year 4. I think he has elite talent but for someone who doesn't need to study these are fundamental errors. If you study you aren't consistently late with throws man. It's so frustrating.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I don't want to answer after another trash performance, but I will say this: I wish someone would aggregate all Kyler's stats after the game enters what K9 lovingly refers to as his Blaine Gabbert phase of the game; that is, being down 14 or 20+ points, basically garbage time stats. Also, I know there are those who will blame Kliff for the clock management, but Kyler is the one making line adjustments as the clock is at 3...2...1...0. It makes zero sense how he can be that clueless week after week on year 4. I think he has elite talent but for someone who doesn't need to study these are fundamental errors. If you study you aren't consistently late with throws man. It's so frustrating.
Oh, it makes perfect sense, and KM even told us why: he doesn't need to put in the extra film work. He just "sees the field" naturally lol

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, no. He was under team control for years yet. Nobody needed to be extended this past offseason, nor should they have been.
Keim and KK shouldn't have for sure.

KM had to after they did.

It was a gamble, if KM played well we would have had to pay him way more next year. If he played mediocre you get him a GM/Coach and don't have to worry about Kyler cause he'd be under contract and they have security/know what they are working with.

See how Cowboys f**ked around and found out with Dak.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is Kliff just there to be a cheerleader?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What truth is there in comparing your pro bowl(alternate) QB to Josh Rosen?! Some may have rose colored blinders for him around here...but that's just about the opposite end of that spectrum when it comes to bias.
I believe the point he was making is that KM is not a good QB and his legs bail him out a lot.

Say you had an injured KM on a gimpy ankle that surprisingly decided to gut it out for a while--kind of like Donovan McNabb against us way back when. How much confidence do you have that he could actually function as a QB in that scenario.

Now, I know what you're answer is going to be. I'll wait to read it in the morning, but I already know.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we didn't extend them, it opens the door for another coach/GM to give Kyler a shot. Most QB's don't even come close to KM's talent/potential and this is a QB driven league. But he needs to improve and that's on him/coaches, etc.

They had as many as two more years in control

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Truth hurts.
Thats a ridiculous take because Kyler's best passing came last year when he didnt scramble much at all. Rosen was never a 108 passer rating QB like Kyler was the first 8 games he played last year.

There's real criticism (he's regressed, not playing like a star, or better yet call him a short Carson Wentz)

Josh Rosen? Thats an all time awful take.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose