• other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray I think. He has to take that next step.... but the thing is he has to take the step from last season too.

recent trends make year three a contract year for hot young elite franchise quarterbacks

so is that what he is?
Is The Who he is going to be?

or is he just another little dude with wheels?
To be an elite qb you have to read a defense before during and after the snap then dissect them with your arm... you have to find a way to overcome obstacles and win the game... Kyler hasn’t shown the ability to do any of that.
Does he want that mahomes-esque contract or doesn’t he?

or is he always gonna be that guy that’s “ kinda like Russell Wilson “ but hasn’t ever won anything
+1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Murray I think. He has to take that next step.... but the thing is he has to take the step from last season too.

recent trends make year three a contract year for hot young elite franchise quarterbacks

so is that what he is?
Is The Who he is going to be?

or is he just another little dude with wheels?
To be an elite qb you have to read a defense before during and after the snap then dissect them with your arm... you have to find a way to overcome obstacles and win the game... Kyler hasn’t shown the ability to do any of that.
Does he want that mahomes-esque contract or doesn’t he?

or is he always gonna be that guy that’s “ kinda like Russell Wilson “ but hasn’t ever won anything
I find this interesting considering kk is coaching for his job, keim may be in the hot seat, but there’s no way Murray’s starting gig, much less his job, is at stake. So who’s under the most pressure?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I find this interesting considering kk is coaching for his job, keim may be in the hot seat, but there’s no way Murray’s starting gig, much less his job, is at stake. So who’s under the most pressure?
How bad would Kyler have to be to not get a $150 million extension by next March? If the Cards went 6-11 and Kyler was among the 10 worst passers in the league I think they’d pause.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do give Keim for not resigning Peterson though.

Attachments

• FAF5D8D9-D73F-4C7F-961B-3C8C7CF114BE.jpeg
    FAF5D8D9-D73F-4C7F-961B-3C8C7CF114BE.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 7

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I do give Keim for not resigning Peterson though.

This chart says that Peterson was rarely targeted, but when he did he have up slightly more passes than expected.

we exchanged him for a corner who is one of the most-targeted corners and also surrenders more completions than expected.
Money savings aside, how is this a good exchange?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This chart says that Peterson was rarely targeted, but when he did he have up slightly more passes than expected.

we exchanged him for a corner who is one of the most-targeted corners and also surrenders more completions than expected.
That chart to me says Butler was in good position more than not. The chart doesn’t note that he was playing behind an atrocious pass-rush, which makes sense with him going against WR1s due to Adoree missing pretty much the whole season.

The fact that Kirkpatrick was in better position than Peterson despite being targeted more is actually alarming in Peterson’s case. Lord knows how much it could’ve been worse for Peterson if QBs looked his away instead of the other cause of name recognition. All behind a very good pass-rush as well.

I’m not high on Butler at all & in fact I’m still angry we didn’t go Newsome in round 1, but I do think he was provide a bit better play than Peterson(which isn’t saying much) & is now relieved to be playing behind a formidable pass-rush.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Is there a stat about tackling? If butler is a superior tackler, a similar pass defender, and cheaper, seems a no-brainer, right?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dythink kk is coaching for his job.... unless he produces a total disaster of a season... and keim has dirt on Mike... or something... dude should have done been fired... so his seat isn’t any hotter than it ever is

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
How bad would Kyler have to be to not get a $150 million extension by next March? If the Cards went 6-11 and Kyler was among the 10 worst passers in the league I think they’d pause.
Kids gonna get paid no doubt.

but does he want that $30m a year most guys get?

or does he want the $50m a year Patrick got?

contract is image. Contract is truth. It tells all your peers who exactly you are.... rather it’s true or not

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have trouble comprehending charts, or are you just trying to stir the ***? The chart clearly shows that Butler was average in PD, while Peterson was 5% below average, by whatever measure. Dunno why you would act as though they were equivalent on that measure when the chart clearly shows that Butler was superior. And as others have mentioned, the Titans pass rush was awful, Butler's tracking is better, and as you mentioned, Butler is cheaper. So, weird angle for you to take.

...dbs

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is there a stat about tackling? If butler is a superior tackler, a similar pass defender, and cheaper, seems a no-brainer, right?

I don’t know; probably. But that wasn’t what the graph dvontel showed. :shrug:
Dude you literally asked how it's a good exchange, check Ouchie posited some measures that would make it clearly an upgrade, which are not depicted in the chart. You didn't ask "how does this chart prove that it was an upgrade", but even if you had, the chart does show that it was an upgrade. Now you're arguing against straw men. Pointless.

...dbs

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
ME if I can't justify getting my new TV with a Cardinals play off win lol (at least that's what I told my wife why I needed it)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, ya'll are gonna be red in the face when Butler sucks all year and gets a ton of targets because he's old and slow.

(Not a Peterson vs. Butler argument. Mutually exclusive.)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, ya'll are gonna be red in the face when Butler sucks all year and gets a ton of targets because he's old and slow.

(Not a Peterson vs. Butler argument. Mutually exclusive.)
Wouldn’t be any different than what we witnessed the past 2-3 years.