Who DONT you want picked at #6 by the Suns?

Who is the player you would least like to see picked by the Suns at #6?

• Jarrett Culver

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • De’Andre Hunter

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Cam Reddish

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Darius Garland

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Coby White

• Brandon Clarke

• Bol Bol

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Rui Hachimura

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward, I think. It seems like some of the discussions about who we should take keep breaking down into why we shouldn't take a certain player. I wanted to know who we should pass on altogether. Our options at #6 aren't great but we should still have the choice of 2 or 3 guys.

I'm using the same players from the other poll of who you want to see selected and have set it to 2 choices also since that is how the other is set up. I left off the "other" choice, you can elaborate in a post about who you want us to pass on. Feel free to elaborate on why you want them to pass on who you select also.

Remember, this is who you DON'T want to see picked by the Suns.

If you want to vote for you want to see selected, here is a LINK TO THE POLL for that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Reddish is going to win because he was so lost despite his HS rankings plus a raw wing is the last thing we need. Hey guess what the top-10 has a surplus of?

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reddish is going to win because he was so lost despite his HS rankings plus a raw wing is the last thing we need. Hey guess what the top-10 has a surplus of?

That's part of why I did the same as the other poll and allowed 2 picks. I think Reddish will run away with this, regardless of how many votes are allowed though.

Other than Reddish I don't see the point in going after Bol Bol. Maybe if this was 2009 I'd understand taking him but we have Ayton now and drafting his backup at #6 makes no sense with the other holes we have. I don't see them sharing the court either, regardless of how well either can shoot. Bol Bol is more of a Brook Lopez type now, the Bucks version, in that he's a stretch big but he's not quick enough to be paired with another Center.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's part of why I did the same as the other poll and allowed 2 picks. I think Reddish will run away with this, regardless of how many votes are allowed though.

Other than Reddish I don't see the point in going after Bol Bol. Maybe if this was 2009 I'd understand taking him but we have Ayton now and drafting his backup at #6 makes no sense with the other holes we have. I don't see them sharing the court either, regardless of how well either can shoot. Bol Bol is more of a Brook Lopez type now, the Bucks version, in that he's a stretch big but he's not quick enough to be paired with another Center.

true, but we've seen that Ayton IS quick enough to defend PFs... and actually showed better ability doing so than against legit Cs. So, if Bol defends Centers and the rim (which I think he's got more natural instincts to do than Ayton) it could work, but Bol's injuries are a massive red flag. if we can't get rid of it for value, might be worth it as far as a massive risk-reward type thing.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... Bol Bol's legs are tooth picks.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I went with Bol and Rui mainly because I don’t see either as even a remotely good fit for this team. If we move on from Jackson and Warren then I wouldn’t hate picking Cam (although he is far from my top choice). He has loads of potential and Jones has mentioned wanting to add more shooting from the wing position.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went with Bol and Rui mainly because I don’t see either as even a remotely good fit for this team. If we move on from Jackson and Warren then I wouldn’t hate picking Cam (although he is far from my top choice). He has loads of potential and Jones has mentioned wanting to add more shooting from the wing position.

I don't know enough about Rui to choose him over Bol and Reddish but he'd be 3rd on my list based on what little I do know. Apparently he's a PF in name only and is a poor rebounder, isn't very strong, far from physical, and not a very good shooter from distance so he's not a stretch 4. I've heard he's more like a poor man's Derrick Williams, the former Wildcat that flamed out in the NBA and was selected #2 overall.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at Bol Bol and I see a guy who plays 82 games... over the course of 5 combined seasons. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I don't see how a walking skeleton like him can do anything but stand around in space and hope for open looks in the modern NBA.

I know guys like Durant are also really thin, but Durant also has quickness, dribbling and leaping ability, I don't see it in Bol. I think the projections that have him as a mid round pick are pretty fair.

I think we trade the pick, if we don't... Reddish... maybe Coby White, although if we're taking him I'd hope we can trade back.

There are surprises every year, someone outside of the top 3 picks will probably be an all-NBA stud, but I think the team that picks the guy will be as surprised as everyone else.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at Bol Bol and I see a guy who plays 82 games... over the course of 5 combined seasons. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I don't see how a walking skeleton like him can do anything but stand around in space and hope for open looks in the modern NBA.

I know guys like Durant are also really thin, but Durant also has quickness, dribbling and leaping ability, I don't see it in Bol. I think the projections that have him as a mid round pick are pretty fair.

I think Bol Bol will be the next Thon Maker. He might shoot better than Thon but I think that would be the best NBA comparison for him. He should be a late 1st round pick but his size and potential will trick a team into taking him in the late lottery, only to regret it when he gets his first NBA injury.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Bol. He has long legs, but he is not nearly as thin as his father was. Reddish is the guy I do not want.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Culver would be a disaster. Basically a shooting guard version of Shaq Harrison.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if we go PG, still I want White. If we go Bol Bol, and will actually play him alongside Ayton as a twin towers situation, then I would be happy with free agent PG.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if we go PG, still I want White. If we go Bol Bol, and will actually play him alongside Ayton as a twin towers situation, then I would be happy with free agent PG.
We should be able to trade down and get Bol.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is down on Huchimura. Wait you all hate Warren too. Hate those players that just do the job. :violin:

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is down on Huchimura. Wait you all hate Warren too. Hate those players that just do the job. :violin:

He's a "PF" that doesn't rebound and that's not the sort of PF we should be looking to pair with Ayton. If we had a SF that was an above average rebounder for his position then I can see taking a PF who lacks some rebounding skills but we don't so adding a PF that rebounds is a necessity because we have a ton of SF's already and PF is the only opening to add rebounding into our starting 5.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Understand but I would sure rather have a decent SF then a crap PG or PF in this draft.
Decent SF ... or crap PG ... or crap PF. I don't like the options.

What we need is a decent Power Forward. Picture what you suggested. A rookie SF, whom the Suns would move to PF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson