Who do you like at EDGE?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I watch players in this draft the more I like the EDGE group. There are a bunch of players that look suitable in size, weight and ability to play OLB.

But there doesn't seem to be a clear favorite, even among draft gurus. There's no clear cut #1 like Chase Young. Who do you guys like or how would you order them?

The consensus order (accumulation of all mock drafts and big boards) is:

#14 Kwity Paye (Highest #4, lowest #27)
#15 Rousseau (Highest #4, lowest #31)
#23 Azeez Ojulari (Highest #9, lowest #31)
#27 Jaelen Philips (Highest #8, lowest #32)
#30 Joseph Ossai (Highest #14, lowest #32)

But I've seen all of them mocked to us at #16. There's really no consensus order. I've seen guys with Ossai as their #1 and others with Rousseau at 4 or 5.

The more I look at the class though the more I feel our pick is going to be EDGE in round #1 simply because it's likely CB's and OL may be gone, but that at least 3-4 or 4 of these guys that are all grouped closely together are still on the board at #16.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No Edge in round 1 for me. Jones and Reddick should be manning the edges next year. Plus, as mentioned, there's no clear cut edge guy to draft and it's a strong class. Get a comparable guy later in the draft. CB, WR, or OL in round 1.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No Edge in round 1 for me. Jones and Reddick should be manning the edges next year. Plus, as mentioned, there's no clear cut edge guy to draft and it's a strong class. Get a comparable guy later in the draft. CB, WR, or OL in round 1.
Amen brother. That's exactly how I feel.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't mean who should we draft. Just your opinion on how they rank or who is the best. As there seems to be no consensus.

Or in a fantasy draft which one would you choose and why.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Azeez rather easily.

Paye is more of a 4-3 DE guy.

Rousseau is kind of the same & extremely raw.

I love Ossai, but he’s a bit clunky & fits more of the Chandler mold. I always feel like one of your pass-rushers should have speed on them.

Phillips has a lot of medical problems.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
built more like a 4-3 DE rather than a 3-4 OLB

not sure he is a fit

I thought the same thing. I was going to put it in my post but I think he's can convert to OLB. He's only in the low 270's. Shouldn't be too hard for him to trim down to 255-260ish.

But yes I agree probably the least suitable for scheme fit.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Azeez rather easily.

Paye is more of a 4-3 DE guy.

Rousseau is kind of the same & extremely raw.

I love Ossai, but he’s a bit clunky & fits more of the Chandler mold. I always feel like one of your pass-rushers should have speed on them.

Phillips has a lot of medical problems.

This pretty much mirror my thoughts too. Although I have the same concerns about Rousseau I'm not too down on him. It's not as if Azeez is a 4 year starter. He has about 10 games on Rousseau.

I thought the same watching Ossai too, hints of CJ but a little faster I think. Really like his work rate though.

But overall I think if I had to pick one it would also be Azeez.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This pretty much mirror my thoughts too. Although I have the same concerns about Rousseau I'm not too down on him. It's not as if Azeez is a 4 year starter. He has about 10 games on Rousseau.

I thought the same watching Ossai too, hints of CJ but a little faster I think. Really like his work rate though.

But overall I think if I had to pick one it would also be Azeez.
Raw as in he’s just getting by on athleticism, not playing experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave