Which team will be the biggest disappointment this season...

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Tie between Seahawks and the niners - just about QB sucking the life out of anything else done well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have they done anything this is season? Zeke isn’t getting any younger, they lost amari cooper, didn’t really address a lot of their defensive or oline problems from last year
And let’s not forget that their HC is below average. Payton will be their HC next year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Bengals will take a step backwards. They were fortunate last year that both CLE & BLT were crushed by injuries. They don’t make the playoffs this year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the Bengals will take a step backwards. They were fortunate last year that both CLE & BLT were crushed by injuries. They don’t make the playoffs this year.
They have a stronger team this year, especially the oline. Doesn't always translate a better season, but almost all teams regress after making a SB trip.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a stronger team this year, especially the oline. Doesn't always translate a better season, but almost all teams regress after making a SB trip.
They may very well be better, but so will the rest of that division & the conference will be better also. Burrow got sacked like 70 times last year. Even with a better OL, he'll get sacked 45+ times. I fully expect him to get injured again.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sadly I fancy the Cowboys to do well this year.
At a fancy is fine, but their roster is weaker this year and their division just got better. If they were a generic team and not 'America's team', they would hardly be a blimp on the radar, but the media is going to bump them up because it gives fodder later on for them that people will blindly have an interest

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They may very well be better, but so will the rest of that division & the conference will be better also. Burrow got sacked like 70 times last year. Even with a better OL, he'll get sacked 45+ times. I fully expect him to get injured again.
I'm not so sure Browns get anywhere this year and they played the Bengals well. Steelers will also drop off.

They play NFC South, weakish division, and AFC East - moderate difficulty division. AFC West will be a blood bath, who battles with AFC South as well.

Consensus lock for AFC? (barring injury, etc)

KC
TEN
BALT
BUF

3 other spots up for grabs.

CIN
OAK
LA
MIA
NE
IND
DEN
1 from out of left field.

AFC West is good, but they all tend to choke and they have difficult schedules. East can be good, lots of wild cards though and I can see them only sending one. Lots of confidence in both IND and TEN making it. So really two spots up for grabs for me, I don't think putting Bengals in those two slots is that hot of a take (Division or WC)

I think with their favorable schedule (in comparison) and two division opponents going south gives them the edge. I'm also assuming Watson doesn't play this year, or very little.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Seahawks? They were a last place team last year. Why would they be a disappointment?
Well they were a good last place team IMO, probably Would have played the Rams better then we did In the playoffs. But that ain’t saying much.

we need balance and fundamentally sound coaching, Pete carroll will bring that to the valley, regardless of the talent.