Which team is vastly underrated

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You still got Dak even over Burrow, Wilson, & Stafford?
Burrow is an extremely tough one for me. I love the way that he basically took a laughingstock organization and gave them a direction and purpose. As a pure quarterback though I think I want to see another year. I don't think he's going to transform into Mitchell Trubisky or anything, but he took a lot of hits and he has an extremely talented supporting cast at the skill positions.

We'll see on Wilson. I wonder if there's a reason that over and over and over again the Seattle coaching staff decided they didn't really want to Let Russ Cook. He'll turn 34 this season and he ran significantly less often in 2021 than he had in any prior year. No one knows more about Wilson than the Seahawks did, and they let him bounce.

Stafford has always been a big stats guy, but there's a lot of Kirk Cousins in his game.

I'd put Dak above all three of them, probably. He was less than a year removed from one of the most grisly on-field injuries we've seen in a long time and he still managed to pass for nearly 4500 yards. Jeebus -- Dallas had the top scoring offense in the NFL last season and a top 10 defense, only to get bounced at home in the Wild Card round. Mike McCarthy blows.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Think the Jags will be a lot better, but still have a long way to go. They overpaid for free agents, but will still be able to get comfortably out of laughing stock territory.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can add me to the list of posters who think your take is significantly off base since you are doing that. Ryan is not better than Carr or Stafford, and it isn't close.

I do think you can argue that the Colts may be better with Ryan then they were last year with Wentz. Ryan has similar qualities to Rivers and those will play well in a weak division. Wentz is awful.

Cool. As is your right. As long as you don't make personal attacks as they did.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Lamar as a top 5 QB either (Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Dak, Herbert), but he's clearly top 10. He's won an MVP and he plays the game in an extremely unique way.

The 2021 Ravens were destroyed at corner and running back and Lamar was willing that team to victory. They weren't winning games 6-3.
I agree with all of that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burrow is an extremely tough one for me. I love the way that he basically took a laughingstock organization and gave them a direction and purpose. As a pure quarterback though I think I want to see another year. I don't think he's going to transform into Mitchell Trubisky or anything, but he took a lot of hits and he has an extremely talented supporting cast at the skill positions.

We'll see on Wilson. I wonder if there's a reason that over and over and over again the Seattle coaching staff decided they didn't really want to Let Russ Cook. He'll turn 34 this season and he ran significantly less often in 2021 than he had in any prior year. No one knows more about Wilson than the Seahawks did, and they let him bounce.

Stafford has always been a big stats guy, but there's a lot of Kirk Cousins in his game.

I'd put Dak above all three of them, probably. He was less than a year removed from one of the most grisly on-field injuries we've seen in a long time and he still managed to pass for nearly 4500 yards. Jeebus -- Dallas had the top scoring offense in the NFL last season and a top 10 defense, only to get bounced at home in the Wild Card round. Mike McCarthy blows.

I was impressed with BUrrow's jump last year. he still holds the ball too long but the knock on him early was he wasn't good throwing downfield he lacked arm strength and he wasn't accurate, clearly those 2 knocks seem to have largely gone away. And it's also quite obvious why AJ Green's last year there was a problem, it wasn't just inaccuracy with Burrow it was AJ Green's penchant for not being where the QB thinks he'll be.

They should have improved their OL this year so with their WR group it will be interesting to see what happens, the way he holds the ball if they buy him another few tenths of a second on average they could start to look like the Warner led Rams. A poor man's version as they don't have Marshall Faulk.

BulldogCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Raiders in AFC and Cards NFC. Yes, Cards. They will have to just play better down the stretch not fast start then mid to late season collapse. There is no telling how good or bad this Cards team can be and fans have seen it first hand the last two seasons.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer