Which Suns player(s) make the rest of the team better?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Objectively now, which Suns player(s) on the roster make the rest of the team better on the court?

Canaan, Okobo, Melton? Booker, Crawford, Daniels? Warren, Ariza, Jackson, Bridges? Anderson, Bender? Ayton, Holmes?

Sadly, I would say not one of them. Even those who try. Booker is not living up to his expectations. Ayton, Okobo and Bridges might have some potential.

But, right now, not one of them. Add to that a weak defensive team and unproven General Managers and Head Coach.

Do you guys think any player on our roster makes his teammates better?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren because he can consistently make up for their mistakes and lack of effectiveness. Give him the ball, he can create on his own without being spoon fed, over dribbling, three point range good, midrange good, and attacking the hoop. The one guy that's been improving in all his years with the suns. He bails us out far too often when Booker or Ayton cant find the hoop or each other. Insert him with any lineup and he'll produce.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges - he always plays meaningful defense and hustles, even if he is not hitting his shot. So to me he is the only player that seems to always be a net positive. His +- rating bears that out as he is the only one on the team with a positive rating.

Booker, and Warren most of the time. Basically if they are scoring they are helping, but if they aren't they are not a net positive.

Ayton most of the time. It's true he is very streaky in his effectiveness in the same game, but overall he is usually efficient and at least very good on the boards.

That is pretty much it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say Booker, Bridges, Warren, Holmes and Ayton make their teammates better.

However, the Suns need the straw that stirs the drink.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody at all

I think this is way off but let's face it, it feels true even if it isn't. Regardless, I think it's safe to say no one on this team is doing a good enough job of making anyone else better. Booker does it more than anyone simply be being the number one target of the defense but he gives much of that back in many other ways right now.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right now according to statistics it's Ayton. He has a 1.9 BPM and 0 4 VORP. He's the only player on the team right now with a positive BPM.

The sniff test, I'd say Bridges.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave