Which draft camp are you in?

Which way do you want the draft to go?

• Total voters

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
So since it really seems like the lines are already being drawn I want to see which camp everyone is in.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't shoehorn myself into any of those categories. I need to see what happens in free agency first.

Right now, it would be "None of the above."

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
"I'll be mad at raves no matter what."

What does being mad at a big underground party with techno and ecstasy have to do with the draft?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CB/DE/LB/RB in the 1st 3 rounds.

Would prefer
CB (DRC)
RB (Charles, Rice, Forte, whomever)
DE/LB BPA

I wouldn't mind
RB: Stewart, Mendenhall
CB: Talib, Cason
DE/LB BPA

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
while I have been driving the Jonathan Stewart bandwagon for a while now -- I also need to see who else is there at #16 when the Cards pick.

OP
OP
Heucrazy

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
"I'll be mad at raves no matter what."

What does being mad at a big underground party with techno and ecstasy have to do with the draft?

Well Candy kids are very annoying or it's a typo and was supposed to be Graves?

Which ever one works for you. ;)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Much depends on whether the Cards are able to re-sign Calvin Pace. If not, they may need to think OLB/DE at #16...unless there's someone at that position they think they can snag at #50.

The intriguing candidates:

1. Quentin Groves, Auburn.

2. Dan Connor, Penn. St.

3. Derrick Harvey, Florida.

4. Calais Campbell, Miami.

5. Cliff Avril, Purdue...would he still be on the board at #50?

6. Ezra Butler, Nevada...2nd or 3rd round?

7. Chris Ellis, Va. Tech...every time I saw this kid play I was impressed...and he may well be available at #81.

If the Cards do re-sign Pace...here's the draft I like:

1. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie...Aeneas Williams with size. If he's off the board, I go RB with Rashard Mendenhall.

2. If Cromartie is the #16 pick, I like RB Ray Rice here...I think Rice is the most under-rated player in this draft. The guy is a warrior and while he's not necessarily a homerun threat, he's a workhorse and a total gamer...and best of all, he's a TD machine.

If we go with a RB like Mendenhall, I like CB Tracy Porter of Indiana here. If Porter is off the board, I go with WR Donnie Avery of Houston...both are tremendous athletes.

3. Regardless of whether we take a CB earlier, the guy I want here is CB/FS Simeon Castille of Alabama. In my mind he's one of the top 30 players in this draft.

4. Here's where I take an offensive linemen...my choice is Kirk Barton of Ohio St. Get him elbow to elbow with Russ Grimm and John Lott and look out!

5. I know being a BC grad and all, I am biased, but at #5 I am hoping that either FS Jamie Silva or LB JoLonn Dunbar is available here. Silva is Pat Tillman with range and ball skills. Dunbar is one of the very best playmaking college LBers I have ever seen. He has tremendous anticipation...and turned around four games in the past two years, with timely interception or fumble scoop TDs.

6. My choice here is Florida SS Tony Joiner...a real sleeper in this draft, and a special teams ace.

7. As I've indicated all along, I like P Geoff Price of Notre Dame here. Love his 45.4 ave. and feel that he is the 3rd best punter in this draft, which is abargain in the 7th round.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I can't really vote at this stage without knowing who is there to take. If McFadden(very doubtful) or Mendenhall (unlikely) is there at #16, I might go RB, otherwise it's best CB or OT on the board.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BPA.

But, if the stars align we'll have BPA at CB, OLB/DE and RB in the first three rounds. (I think a 3-4 OLB is a big need--almost as big as CB).

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can't shoehorn myself into any of those categories. I need to see what happens in free agency first.

Right now, it would be "None of the above."

i agree....just something for all to think about...generally speaking RB is a position you have a far better chance of getting instant gratification through the draft than DB...although we might have to and guess we will go the DB route in the draft at 1...short of one or two outstanding rb's available.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
None of the above. I don't see any need for a running back period. We have James as our starter and JJ as our backup. If anything we need to sign Marcel Shipp to a cheaper contract. This team has way too many other needs. CB,DE,LB,and some young OL help in the draft. It doesn't make any sense to waste draft picks or spend a ton of money in free agency for a runningback. One of the strongest positions we have on this team is at runningback.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Much depends on whether the Cards are able to re-sign Calvin Pace. If not, they may need to think OLB/DE at #16....

I was thinking OLB/DE WITH Pace here.

I think I am missing something Pace must have played some season in another dimension where he has started for us for 4 years and averaged 10 sacks a season, and 100 tackles.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm most likely to be mad at Graves. With him drafting, who knows, we may take Ali Highsmith at 16.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
None of the above. The BPA from these positions - RB, OLB/DE, CB, OT.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson