Where Matthew Stafford thrived, Kliff Kingsbury and Cards crumbled under cloud of mistakes, miscommunication and odd decisions

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where Matthew Stafford thrived, Kliff Kingsbury and Cards crumbled under cloud of mistakes, miscommunication and odd decisions

The quarterback who still has something to prove showed that maybe he really is built to win big games.

The head coach who still does too, showed that maybe he's not.

The Los Angeles Rams and QB Matthew Stafford defeated the Arizona Cardinals, coached by Kliff Kingsbury, on Monday night, 30-23. While this was still a regular-season game in December, it might signal plenty about the January playoff ones to come.

Stafford did everything to win it. Kingsbury did enough to not.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the part of that article that jumps at me because I thought so last night and nobody seemed to agree. The article says the strip sack by Chandler Jones was in fact ruled a fumble recovered by Stafford? So as 2 Dl's pursued it and then decided I can't intercept it and did nothing, Stafford ran in and recovered the fumble. They may not have gotten it anyways but they didn't even try that's why Budda was so mad he probably knew it was a fumble. Next play Alford holds gives them a first down and then Stafford makes than insanely accurate throw to Kupp outside of Wilson. So it's 20-13, jones gets a sack and fumble and 2 Cards defenders didn't go after the ball.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the part of that article that jumps at me because I thought so last night and nobody seemed to agree. The article says the strip sack by Chandler Jones was in fact ruled a fumble recovered by Stafford? So as 2 Dl's pursued it and then decided I can't intercept it and did nothing, Stafford ran in and recovered the fumble. They may not have gotten it anyways but they didn't even try that's why Budda was so mad he probably knew it was a fumble. Next play Alford holds gives them a first down and then Stafford makes than insanely accurate throw to Kupp outside of Wilson. So it's 20-13, jones gets a sack and fumble and 2 Cards defenders didn't go after the ball.
When I saw Stafford run for that ball and slide and grab it I knew he must have thought it was a live ball. Too bad none of our players acted like it might have been. Then I saw the replay and it looked like a fumble and not a forward motion type play. SMH.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Poor effort by our guys, but I do thnk it was a forward pass. Still gotta get to the ball cause it might have been too difficult to overturn.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor effort by our guys, but I do thnk it was a forward pass. Still gotta get to the ball cause it might have been too difficult to overturn.
According to the ESPN play by play it was officially ruled a fumble recovered by the rams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose