Where I’d Take Them

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry-what do you think of Kahale Warring TE from SD ST and would the Cards have a interest in him as a old school TE? Thanks
Could you guys pick someone easy! I have not seen him but I used to live in SD and maintained some contacts. For what it’s worth I’m told he might be the best athlete in SD. Coming out of California he played every sport you can name except football. He is beyond raw. He has no clue how to block, though he appears willing. He didn’t even start every game last year, but he showed dramatic improvement when he played. He has a strong basketball background like Gates. This is apparent in his ability to use his body to screen off would be defenders. He has decent speed but better quickness. He’s strongest on short routes, being good at exploiting seams in zones.

I’m not sure his style of play fits the new offense. It will take a year or two before he contributes. Still as hard as it is to find a TE, he’s likely to be drafted.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Could you guys pick someone easy! I have not seen him but I used to live in SD and maintained some contacts. For what it’s worth I’m told he might be the best athlete in SD. Coming out of California he played every sport you can name except football. He is beyond raw. He has no clue how to block, though he appears willing. He didn’t even start every game last year, but he showed dramatic improvement when he played. He has a strong basketball background like Gates. This is apparent in his ability to use his body to screen off would be defenders. He has decent speed but better quickness. He’s strongest on short routes, being good at exploiting seams in zones.

I’m not sure his style of play fits the new offense. It will take a year or two before he contributes. Still as hard as it is to find a TE, he’s likely to be drafted.

Thanks Harry.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a tough one. A Harold Carmichael clone, who is 6'8", 7' wingspan, 10.5" hands and 240#. Unfortunately, (football wise) he's from Stetson. His name is Donald Parham. He's a massive target that catches everything. Had a great 2018 season. He went to the Senior Bowl but was injured during practice. Dallas, Oakland, and Broncos may be interested. We need a red zone threat.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=62c8e2e76a5a38e4fad5329d3f285e4c&action=view

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
He’s your big fish in a small pond. I live in Orlando and Stetson is just up the road, so I follow them a little. Parham is a late comer to the sport. I don’t believe he played in high school. Your thought about the red zone are similar to how I viewed Agudosi. If you recall he was a very tall decent receiver who played against a much higher level of competition. Certainly Parham had far superior numbers but at that level of competition to transition to the NFL you need unusual speed, quickness, agility or strength. Parham has decent quickness and agility but is not outstanding in those aspects. The key stat you’re missing is that he only weighs 240. He’s a stick. If you wanted to put him on the practice squad and if he could bulk up he might make it. However, many players lose quickness and agility in the transformation. He might be an interesting UDFA but I wouldn’t spend a pick on him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Harry -a couple of more questions if you don`t mind.
Ryan Bee DE Marshall-is he worth a 7th RD or UDFA chance as a DE?
Anthony Nelson DE Iowa- ihave read reports with completely different views on him..Some think he could be a RD 3/4 guy others say he is a 5/7 RD guy.What say you?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry - Your thoughts on unsung guys playing in the shadow of more heralded stars? The ones that most comes to mind is the Alabama backfield (Harris and Jacobs) and players who are part of the Wisconsin OL factory.

Any other sleepers come to mind?

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Harry. I agree Parham needs to strenthen up to take NFL rigor. I also point out that the 4 time pro bowler, 6"8" and 225# Harold Carmichael was selected in the seventh round in 1971.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Harry - Your thoughts on unsung guys playing in the shadow of more heralded stars? The ones that most comes to mind is the Alabama backfield (Harris and Jacobs) and players who are part of the Wisconsin OL factory.

I like Deiter and Benzschawel and do not know why nobody here is not even mentioning them... I do mocks and find myself always taking one

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I like Deiter and Benzschawel and do not know why nobody here is not even mentioning them... I do mocks and find myself always taking one

I think either one could help the OLINE but I have doubts that SK will draft another OLINE guy.With 19 under OL under contract I think Sk uses his picks elsewhere.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry -a couple of more questions if you don`t mind.
Ryan Bee DE Marshall-is he worth a 7th RD or UDFA chance as a DE?
Anthony Nelson DE Iowa- ihave read reports with completely different views on him..Some think he could be a RD 3/4 guy others say he is a 5/7 RD guy.What say you?
Bee is an interesting high effort guy. Had his Pro Day gone better he likely would have been draft. He played both inside and out. Most impressive was his inside play despite the fact he was undersized. He sadly now stands as neither fast nor strong. So I think he’ll be a UDFA. He might make it on effort.
Nelson will be drafted. He has the potential to someday be a rotation player in the NFL. He’s gotten by in college with little technique. So he’s got to be coached up. Still he has the speed, agility and motor to make it. Add some power and technique and you’ve got a useful DE. Maybe late 3 or early round 4.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Thank you Harry. I agree Parham needs to strenthen up to take NFL rigor. I also point out that the 4 time pro bowler, 6"8" and 225# Harold Carmichael was selected in the seventh round in 1971.
The NFL has gotten much bigger and faster in 40 years.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

Harris will be a solid but not likely a spectacular RB. He can do it all but doesn’t have breakaway skills. Jacobs is similar but stronger with better hands. He’s a great cutback runner. You old timers will recall Adrian Murrell. This guy cuts back like him. It’s a good style if you don’t have a great line. Round 3 maybe.
Edwards is a tackle who is somewhat injury prone, but not frightenly so. He’s a converted TE who made if on athleticism as he doesn’t know how to play tackle. He’s very high effort. This is not to say he’s not a prospect but the pool is deep. WI is a good OL training school so it’s surprising his technique is not better. Someone will take him late and he may develop.
Deiter, G, is the opposite of Edwards; exceptional technique but not very athletic. The lack of upside I think makes him a weak candidate though he has some scouting support. I’d pass.
Benzschawel, G, is an odd duck. He’s exceptional against speed pass rushers and has good enough footwork to cover inside and outside. On the other hand he’s lousy st run blocking. The latter can be taught if he’s willing. I think he goes before Deiter but both are late day 3 in my book.

Your right about WI. Add in Mich & BC and you’ve got the best OL development programs.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

I loved Carmichael, remember him well and took him late in my 2005 NFL All Time Mock Draft.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Per chart, we could take our 6/7 picks and move up to bottom of the 4th and get another much better player, such as Antoine Wesley/Texas Tech, Kahale Warring/San Diego State, Tytus Howard/Alabama State, Terrill Hanks/New Mexico St. Caleb Wilson/UCLA Chase Hansen/Utah or possibly Tre Lamar/Clemson.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Per chart, we could take our 6/7 picks and move up to bottom of the 4th and get another much better player, such as Antoine Wesley/Texas Tech, Kahale Warring/San Diego State, Tytus Howard/Alabama State, Terrill Hanks/New Mexico St. Caleb Wilson/UCLA Chase Hansen/Utah or possibly Tre Lamar/Clemson.

It’s harder to move up by grouping lower picks despite the chart. It’s more often used on lower rounds to adjust to equal higher pick trades than a trade where they’re a major component. I’m hearing Howard is gone by 4, others might last. I like the idea but very hard to find a trading partner.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Siss -

One thing about the trade value chart- It only works if another team at your targeted draft slot wants to trade

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I knew he was rising but that jump was stunning. Shows value of tackles. People are getting desperate.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I knew he was rising but that jump was stunning. Shows value of tackles. People are getting desperate.

He has really good feet. Most of the tackle prospects in this draft do not. It's a reach but one that makes sense. The Texans may have targeted him a little too early, but he wouldnt have lasted much longer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave