Where I’d Take Them

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, I'd love to draft Wilkins with our 65th pick, but almost every pundit that I've read has him going long before that. Hope you're right and they are wrong.

He may well be gone but I wouldn’t take him at 33 so barring a trade he’s not a fit.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Okay the first pick is the toughest call. I’ve indicated I’m not ready to give up on Rosen. If one of the greatest receivers of all time likes him who am I to differ. I’m okay with the KK gamble but if it doesn’t play, Rosen works in many offenses. I’m not as confident about Murray. Keep in mind very few 1 year starters have made it big time. He’s a great athlete; I’m not sure he’s a great QB. The cost of the change is a big spend. I think Bosa is a sure think and missing with pick 1 would set the team back for years. They could be okay if they go down getting Allen or Williams. Oliver or Sweat is a step down. It would take a big offer to get me to move down to their range. The biggest need this team still has is a young edge rusher as Suggs may be only a one year fix. Bosa would clearly make this defense playoff caliber.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes. I think JJ has more upside. He’s the best at 50-50 balls in this group which is critical with a young QB. He could improve dramatically with better route running. I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if the took N’Keal, but he seems like he may be better in the slot.

I disagree. Harry is one of the best 50-50 ball receivers I've ever seen.

I think A-W isnt a good route runner because he isnt a really good athlete. He's very stiff looking. Harry is a much more fluid athlete.

Harry isnt a good route runner because he hasn't had to be. His athletic profile shows his upside. Everyone in AZ who knows him says he's a really good kid. My sister taught him one year at Marco's De Niza. She said he is very intelligent, but didnt care much for school. He's also good friends with Kirk as well.

Both are roughly the same size. Harry was even a very effective punt returner and was a better YAC guy.

Finally A-W benefited playing with a much better QB, Costello, who could be a future 1st rounder if he continues developing. Harry didnt have the same luxury; Manny Wilkins was a fairly limited college QB.

IMO A-W isnt talked about in the second round area because frankly he's not deserving. He's a day three guy.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Yes. I think JJ has more upside. He’s the best at 50-50 balls in this group which is critical with a young QB. He could improve dramatically with better route running. I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if the took N’Keal, but he seems like he may be better in the slot.
N'Keal is one of the best I've seen in college at 50/50 balls, but JJ was awesome too.

I think JJ is really hard to tackle and had a lot of big plays due to that. He really destroyed smaller college DB's with power. I'm not sure that translates as well in the pros.

Harry's game is more based around speed. He is an absolute game breaker in the open field. He also can be really physical. Would love to get him a year (or two!) with Fitz to learn how to put a hat on someone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would like to trade down for #4 and #27 if Dillard is there at #27 I take him and then Harry at #33. Alas, I think Dillard goes in Top 20 after the Combine he had.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best Thread of the Year.

Is there. way we can keep it toward the front of the board at least thru the week following the draft?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Very nice list Harry.Thanks.Gotta say one thing.Jaylen Smith WR Louisville 7th round....I would not use a draft pick on him.i am a Louisville fan and Jaylen Smith will make you pull your hair out.Clutch drops and sure didn`t seem like he was interested this season .Maybe as a UDFA but even a 7th round comp pick..nope.rather see a TE be the pick.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I know you are asking Harry, but Arcega-Whiteside looks like Michael Floyd to me, and I dont mean that in a good way.

Both seem really stiff, not flexible fluid athletes. I think AW has a very limited upside.
One scenario I could see again is trade out of 33 man it could be real possible to stockpile a lot of picks but my favorite player is Brown from Mississippi and that Lindstrom kid from BC fills 2 areas of need really fast and the Seebo guy looks good too

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
A history lesson if anyone remembers the Great San Francisco teams of the 80s and 90s were built mostly with picks from the 2nd round on down even Seattle's teams were built the same way come to think of it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay the first pick is the toughest call. I’ve indicated I’m not ready to give up on Rosen. If one of the greatest receivers of all time likes him who am I to differ. I’m okay with the KK gamble but if it doesn’t play, Rosen works in many offenses. I’m not as confident about Murray. Keep in mind very few 1 year starters have made it big time. He’s a great athlete; I’m not sure he’s a great QB. The cost of the change is a big spend. I think Bosa is a sure think and missing with pick 1 would set the team back for years. They could be okay if they go down getting Allen or Williams. Oliver or Sweat is a step down. It would take a big offer to get me to move down to their range. The biggest need this team still has is a young edge rusher as Suggs may be only a one year fix. Bosa would clearly make this defense playoff caliber.
With all due respect, the narrative of “missing on the first pick setting a team back for years” is largely a fallacy. No doubt it’s a huge missed opportunity but it remains a single player. No different than Keim missing on other first rounders. The reason teams with the number 1 pick stay putrid is bc they were bad enough to get the number one pick and they have the management making decisions that got them there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One scenario I could see again is trade out of 33 man it could be real possible to stockpile a lot of picks but my favorite player is Brown from Mississippi and that Lindstrom kid from BC fills 2 areas of need really fast and the Seebo guy looks good too

I think Brown is going to be strictly a possession receiver. The fact that he is a slot guy isnt a good fit with Kirk.

Deebo has positioned versatility. He lined up outside mostly, but he would be lethal in the slot as well.

Deebo plays bully ball a bit, but hes one of the fastest receivers in the draft. He can take jet sweeps, reverses, high point balls...he pretty much did a bit of everything at the real USC.

Lindstrom is my favorite OL in this draft because I have faith that he at least is going to be a good NFL starter. Technically sound, strong, and a good athlete. Not a road grader but he played really well against bigger linemen like Dexter Lawrence, so I dont think hes going to struggle transitioning to the NFL. IMO hes the most sure thing in the draft this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think Brown is going to be strictly a possession receiver. The fact that he is a slot guy isnt a good fit with Kirk.

Deebo has positioned versatility. He lined up outside mostly, but he would be lethal in the slot as well.

Deebo plays bully ball a bit, but hes one of the fastest receivers in the draft. He can take jet sweeps, reverses, high point balls...he pretty much did a bit of everything at the real USC.

Lindstrom is my favorite OL in this draft because I have faith that he at least is going to be a good NFL starter. Technically sound, strong, and a good athlete. Not a road grader but he played really well against bigger linemen like Dexter Lawrence, so I dont think hes going to struggle transitioning to the NFL. IMO hes the most sure thing in the draft this year.

We agree on something:cheers:.Cards should jump on this guy(Lindstrom).I would pick him in the 2nd RD because there are a bunch of solid WRs who can be gotten in RD 3 if needed.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we’re going to draft Murray than get his favorite we in Hollywoooooood Brown!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We agree on something:cheers:.Cards should jump on this guy(Lindstrom).I would pick him in the 2nd RD because there are a bunch of solid WRs who can be gotten in RD 3 if needed.

I'd love to add an early 2nd. I think there are about 4 or 5 players in that area that can help.

That's why I love the idea of an Oakland trade up and get their early second.

If the Cardinals could walk away with Lindstrom and Harry or Deebo???? Lindstrom could start game one and Harry/Deebo will be decent spot players right away.

As much as I like Harry, Deebo is really an interesting fit playing with Kirk. He does a lot of the same things Kirk does, but he's an outside receiver.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting article on Air Raid personnel...

Running Backs:

The hidden gem of this offense. The running backs skill is at a premium. This should be a 1/3 of your receiving yards.

Quarterbacks:

The position that receives all the hype, and justifiably should. This position is the “hinge pin”of the whole offense. What really are the key ingredients to a great quarterback?

1. Decision Making Ability
  2. Is he accurate
  3. Mental and Physical Toughness
  4. Does he have quick feet

https://coachpatricktaylor.com/air-raid-personnel/

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Okay let’s talk Deebo. It’s true he reminds some of Boldin with his toughness. However he has serious limitations. This toughness has caused him to struggle against press coverage. He simply doesn’t quickly disengage. In fact sometimes he hand fights the entire play limiting his ability to Run a clean route. He lacks that quick twitch factor where he can run effective hot routes when his team is blitzed. He only average on contested catches as he lacks flexibility to adjust his body to wall off coverage. Finally his durability is an issue. Like Dalvin Cook he has very tight hamstrings which will almost certainly cost him playing time.

Now all this is not to say he’ll be a bust. He’s fearless about going over the middle. Nothing seems to scare him. He’s intensely competitive. He does have strong hands and it’s hard to break up a reception he gets his hands on. Not surprisingly when he gets going he’s like a freight train. He blows through arm tackles and seems to get faster once he gets up a little momentum. He sees the field well and makes good open field adjustments going for YAC. He also uses these talents to be effective as a kickoff returner. It’s not that I don’t like him but he won’t see the field much trying to displace Fitz.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Best Thread of the Year.

Is there. way we can keep it toward the front of the board at least thru the week following the draft?

Very kind of you to like it that much. I should tell you there is so much disagreement on who goes where that I’m sure I’ll regret creating that page. There are so many good receivers and O-linemen that I think the Cards will hit on those picks. On defense this is the most edge rushers anyone can recall. So even if the Cards don’t take Bosa they can get one if they desire. The first 3 rounds should produce an astonishing group of impact players. This should be fun.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay let’s talk Deebo. It’s true he reminds some of Boldin with his toughness. However he has serious limitations. This toughness has caused him to struggle against press coverage. He simply doesn’t quickly disengage. In fact sometimes he hand fights the entire play limiting his ability to Run a clean route. He lacks that quick twitch factor where he can run effective hot routes when his team is blitzed. He only average on contested catches as he lacks flexibility to adjust his body to wall off coverage. Finally his durability is an issue. Like Dalvin Cook he has very tight hamstrings which will almost certainly cost him playing time.

Now all this is not to say he’ll be a bust. He’s fearless about going over the middle. Nothing seems to scare him. He’s intensely competitive. He does have strong hands and it’s hard to break up a reception he gets his hands on. Not surprisingly when he gets going he’s like a freight train. He blows through arm tackles and seems to get faster once he gets up a little momentum. He sees the field well and makes good open field adjustments going for YAC. He also uses these talents to be effective as a kickoff returner. It’s not that I don’t like him but he won’t see the field much trying to displace Fitz.

It's not about displacing Fitz...its about complimenting him.

Fitz isnt Fitz anymore.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Harry. What are your thoughts on wr Mclaurin from Ohio State?

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Very kind of you to like it that much. I should tell you there is so much disagreement on who goes where that I’m sure I’ll regret creating that page. There are so many good receivers and O-linemen that I think the Cards will hit on those picks. On defense this is the most edge rushers anyone can recall. So even if the Cards don’t take Bosa they can get one if they desire. The first 3 rounds should produce an astonishing group of impact players. This should be fun.
Don't worry about regretting your opinions. No one is right all of the time. We had a disagreement on Hakeem Butler, but I appreciate anyone who puts themselves out there. That's what makes ASFN interesting.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry. What are your thoughts on wr Mclaurin from Ohio State?

Odd player; he times faster than his game speed. He’s actually more stronger than speedy so I’m not sure where he’d fit for KK. His power and agility make him hard to press. He’s a fairly good at turning around CBs but he needs to run better routes. He’s a team captain and I always like to elevate those guys. Has good hands but oddly loses concentration and body catches. He’s an excellent gunner. If he falls to the third I’d consider taking him and try to develop his receiving skills while using him on special teams.