Where all all the genius fans who wanted us to lose

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
You must hate life right now, I mean, what fun is it to win, and what good could possibly come out of actually winning. You know, it doesn't help to win and actually get the system, and why would anyone want to see improvement out of the guys we already have. I mean, losing is the way to go, because we would have the first chance to play the crapshoot that is the draft - you know, pick one guy that "everyone" says we should even though many don't even take the time to watch these superstars in college, who will suddenly make us great. Playing legit football doesn't do any good.

Ok, end of rant.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must hate life right now, I mean, what fun is it to win, and what good could possibly come out of actually winning. You know, it doesn't help to win and actually get the system, and why would anyone want to see improvement out of the guys we already have. I mean, losing is the way to go, because we would have the first chance to play the crapshoot that is the draft - you know, pick one guy that "everyone" says we should even though many don't even take the time to watch these superstars in college, who will suddenly make us great. Playing legit football doesn't do any good.

Ok, end of rant.

Rant wasted. If you'll remember the majority of fans here were against losing to improve draft position. Especially those who regularly attend games surrounded by fans of the other team

And of course those of us who know the Cards routinely waste their first round draft pick. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok, end of rant.

you're an *******.

I'm loving life right now!

end of post.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No need to eat our own, we are winning damn it! Enjoy the ride, please do not throw stones out of the moving vehicle.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to question our fan's loyalty. It's unbecoming. In fact, I believe that violates forum rules.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to question our fan's loyalty. It's unbecoming. In fact, I believe that violates forum rules.

If a Cardinals' fan wants the Cardinals' to lose every week just for a better draft pick - I feel just fine questioning their loyalty.

:newcards:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this thread needed?

It's an understandable callout. Bodha, for example, was HAPPY and vocal when we were losing. Now that we are winning he is left looking to next year's schedule and predicting how we can lose a ton of games next year and get a better draft status for our future. :rolleyes:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Jerseygirl.... "LOSING IS FOR LOSERS!"

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
It's an understandable callout. Bodha, for example, was HAPPY and vocal when we were losing. Now that we are winning he is left looking to next year's schedule and predicting how we can lose a ton of games next year and get a better draft status for our future. :rolleyes:

I just don't see why we need any negativity on this board after a huge win. Now, all of the negativity on the Whiners board is great!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:notworthy:

It really is. So much growth and development and confidence has come out of this current win streak. I can only imagine the state of the team and the fans if the team just quit when they were 1-6. But they didn't. The fanbase is electric and loving the wins. The team is united and improving each week. They are defeating GOOD teams. That is the sign of an up and coming team. They have the recipe to become a really good team in their own right. I'll take that over another top draft pick ANY day.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score

In the pre-Wiz years I would root for better picks and then realized that those better picks never turned into wins. Now, even if we had not won a game, I would want us to win out, regardless of Luck being available or not. I'm tired of the losing too! Losing leads to a culture of losing.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

If a Cardinals' fan wants the Cardinals' to lose every week just for a better draft pick - I feel just fine questioning their loyalty.

:newcards:
Then maybe you shouldn't moderate, since it IS explicitly against the rules.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Yep I hate these threads. It would suck equally bad if it were April and we missed Luck by winning one more game than the lucky drafting team. Same animal. Any thread that starts with "where are all the ..." are a one on a scale of one to ten.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok, end of rant.

Im still trying to find in his post where he questioned their "LOYALTY" :shrug:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im still trying to find in his post where he questioned their "LOYALTY" :shrug:
The title of the the thread itself. When you put the word 'fans' in quotes, then that is questioning if they are really fans.

Where are all the "fans"...

As in, they call themselves fans, but really aren't.

Then the entire first post is essentially calling them out as well.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. It's in the Smack Shack so no one's panties will get bunched over it. Man, people are too sensitive these days.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The title of the the thread itself. When you put the word 'fans' in quotes, then that is questioning if they are really fans.

Negative.. They are still fans. It is much easier then listing all by name because there were many. He is calling them out not as fans of the team but on their philosophy of wanting to lose. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Typical. People turning something into more than it is.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Those that started threads wanting us to lose games would not properly debate the concept. If you said "I'd rather win." they would say you were shortsighted and that losing was best. No matter what anyone would say - they dismissed open discussion on the topic.

One callout thread does not seem too much, IMHO.

Those posters calling for us to lose have been as silent as a Cowboys or Niners fan leaving UOP the past couple of weeks. :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Negative.. They are still fans. It is much easier then listing all by name because there were many. He is calling them out not as fans of the team but on their philosophy of wanting to lose. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Typical. People turning something into more than it is.

More I think about it and the whole quotes that were used the judges now accept your answer :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson