When missing the game but recording it

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B, that is tortuous brother. It's not a huge issue for me because I'm in eagles country, and if I shut my phone down until I get home I'm 99% safe. If I were a birds fan, I'd be toast. If you walk into a supermarket around here, you're liable to hear someone either complain/boast or give a score out of nowhere. The football team is just too huge in these parts.
yeah I avoid stores too when I am out doing this. On sunday when I left Mexico I had a cardinals shirt on and halfway home I was like poo, I should not get out of my truck at all or someone is going to say something to me.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am indeed! Even went to Anfield a few years ago to watch a match, the same year the Cards went to London. Either of my teams scored a single point that trip. Brutal.

Oh yes, he went too a few years ago. He said when they sang, he cried like a baby. LOL!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you set the DVR to record "Cardinals" but the guide decides to call MNF "Monday nfl countdown" for a 4 hour block, your game won't record FYI. Lesson learned. Turned it on in the third quarter up 28-3

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you set the DVR to record "Cardinals" but the guide decides to call MNF "Monday nfl countdown" for a 4 hour block, your game won't record FYI. Lesson learned. Turned it on in the third quarter up 28-3

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
:bang::computer::computer::computer:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah - sometimes at the mercy of the DVR. I always confirm the actual recording and give a buffer..... But there are times, especially with college, that the channel changes

Nothing like avoiding scores to then get something different with a banner of "the scheduled game can be found on this channel"

I had my universities basketball game spoiled by local talk radio once - very rare televised game that I could stream. Driving home from work and it's the typical top 25 and then a random "and Drexel lost by a score of"

I never watch anything real time.

I have the notifications off, avoid social media, family and friends know not to send messages about the game, definitely avoid clothing if I'm about as people like to talk about it

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Tonight, I pissed off my brother and his roommate, a Dallas, Cards, and Dolphins fan. They were going to watch a recording of the game. I congratulated the roommate for his Cowboys leading the NFC East. They did not believe me when I said my comment did not tip the outcome of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose