When do we sign Collins and Moore?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both seem really humble, Collins in particular. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't see either staging a holdout of Joey Bosa proportion.

Well, they are both signed.

But, my point remains: why have an agent and other reps if they aren't prepared to negotiate for every dollar and clause in the deal?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m loving all this old fart talk, I’ve only just turned 40 and a youngun around here so that’s nice
Well, that is the age when I started falling apart-started wearing bifocals, high blood pressure showed up, seems like a couple of other things started happening to, can’t remember. Maybe that’s when my memory started going?

edit:
wife just reminded me, that’s also when I had my gall bladder removedo_O

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if you are 63, that makes you 20 YEARS younger than me. :)
Lol hope i go to other side by 90 plus not sure i want to be old in mobile rest of yrs well unless cards suns fighting for a championship than ill postpone it lol

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, that is the age when I started falling apart-started wearing bifocals, high blood pressure showed up, seems like a couple of other things started happening to, can’t remember. Maybe that’s when my memory started going?

edit:
wife just reminded me, that’s also when I had my gall bladder removedo_O

Unfortunately I have been falling apart for years. 3 ACL reconstructions etc etc. I am hoping 40 brings me a new lease of life though. As an old dude once told me… “remember that age is just a number” ;)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
God Bless you my friend! I hope I’m still around in 20 years. Watching the Cardinals over the years hasn’t helped.
Pa, thanks, but I have to disagree. Being a Cards fan gives me a BIG reason to get out of bed, head to my computer and see the latest news about the Arizona Cardinals. We're both old enough to remember how tough (before the internet) it was to get news about 'our' team. I'm probably a bit of a front runner, because back in 1947 when I first followed the NFL, the Cardinals were the champs. Of course I thought that would be an every year thing. Even when we lost in the finals to the Eagles in 1948. Didn't quite work out that way, but I'm sure when we do win the 'Big One', you'll enjoy it that much more.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Pa, thanks, but I have to disagree. Being a Cards fan gives me a BIG reason to get out of bed, head to my computer and see the latest news about the Arizona Cardinals. We're both old enough to remember how tough (before the internet) it was to get news about 'our' team. I'm probably a bit of a front runner, because back in 1947 when I first followed the NFL, the Cardinals were the champs. Of course I thought that would be an every year thing. Even when we lost in the finals to the Eagles in 1948. Didn't quite work out that way, but I'm sure when we do win the 'Big One', you'll enjoy it that much more.

I recall you from the old Cards Corner on AoL, Garthshort. It is hard to believe I joined that 24 years ago(as MarcusNer). I recall Skkorp, Jeff Gollin, Tim(AzCardswin?), Zeno, Rhyno and J Holt(John H), who hasn't posted here since early '20. I hope he's ok, I know he was getting up there.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great post!! Hard to imagine finding a Cardinal fan that actually had the opportunity to enjoy our last Championship!! And you’re 100% correct about the internet opening up opportunities to for us to even have an ASFN. We may sometimes argue too much amongst ourselves, but for too many years, I didn’t know a single Cardinal fan. Growing up in NY state, Cardinal fans almost didn’t exist. So, yes, we should feel blessed to have each other!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I recall you from the old Cards Corner on AoL, Garthshort. It is hard to believe I joined that 24 years ago(as MarcusNer). I recall Skkorp, Jeff Gollin, Tim(AzCardswin?), Zeno, Rhyno and J Holt(John H), who hasn't posted here since early '20. I hope he's ok, I know he was getting up there.

Hard to believe it has been so long--I was in my mid-20's back in the old Cards Corner days, now I am a year away from 50! :thud:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Through these Boards, I got to meet Jeff Gollin from Scarsdale, I grew up in the next town (Eastchester) and Jeff was the first local FB Cardinals fan I met. I was also a baseball Cardinals fan, and there were a few of those around, though not many.

Before the Internet I lucked out with Cardinals Front Office as they would fax me a play by play and stats after every game (including preseason) and all I had to do was to give them my (office) fax number. They could not have been nicer.

I consider myself lucky to be a Cardinals fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Both seem really humble, Collins in particular. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't see either staging a holdout of Joey Bosa proportion.
Humility has nothing to do with making sure you have an appropriate contract with terms that make sense to you.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Humility has nothing to do with making sure you have an appropriate contract with terms that make sense to you.
These rookie contracts are pretty straight forward, so there shouldn't be many conflicts. With the exception of Joey Bosa who knew he was injury prone and wanted to make sure he got paid with an inevitable trip to the IR in his future there haven't been any notable hold outs since the implementation of rookie pay contracts just like the NBA.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I thought the Bosa hang up was over off-set language and how his signing bonus was to be paid? I only thing it had to injury is if he was cut he wanted to be off-set salary wise from the chargers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These rookie contracts are pretty straight forward, so there shouldn't be many conflicts. With the exception of Joey Bosa who knew he was injury prone and wanted to make sure he got paid with an inevitable trip to the IR in his future there haven't been any notable hold outs since the implementation of rookie pay contracts just like the NBA.
Shouldn’t be doesn’t mean aren’t. A good agent reviews every word and discusses with his client. These multimillion dollar contracts. You don’t just rubber stamp them.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be doesn’t mean aren’t. A good agent reviews every word and discusses with his client. These multimillion dollar contracts. You don’t just rubber stamp them.
If there was a major issue in the structure of these contracts we would be seeing hold outs on top of hold outs. The same parameters of AJ Terrell's contract for example (#16 in 2020 Draft) applied to Zaven Collins, Collins got a little more because the salary cap went up but everything should be the same in terms of details.
Agents really do their jobs and earn their money on the second contract with the negotiating and making sure their clients don't get screwed over.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If there was a major issue in the structure of these contracts we would be seeing hold outs on top of hold outs. The same parameters of AJ Terrell's contract for example (#16 in 2020 Draft) applied to Zaven Collins, Collins got a little more because the salary cap went up but everything should be the same in terms of details.
Agents really do their jobs and earn their money on the second contract with the negotiating and making sure their clients don't get screwed over.
I think it’s funny when I see any fan talk about these contracts like they have any idea what they contain, what’s negotiable, and what might be of concern to individual players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose