When do we sign Collins and Moore?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Bosa hang up was over off-set language and how his signing bonus was to be paid? I only thing it had to injury is if he was cut he wanted to be off-set salary wise from the chargers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These rookie contracts are pretty straight forward, so there shouldn't be many conflicts. With the exception of Joey Bosa who knew he was injury prone and wanted to make sure he got paid with an inevitable trip to the IR in his future there haven't been any notable hold outs since the implementation of rookie pay contracts just like the NBA.
Shouldn’t be doesn’t mean aren’t. A good agent reviews every word and discusses with his client. These multimillion dollar contracts. You don’t just rubber stamp them.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be doesn’t mean aren’t. A good agent reviews every word and discusses with his client. These multimillion dollar contracts. You don’t just rubber stamp them.
If there was a major issue in the structure of these contracts we would be seeing hold outs on top of hold outs. The same parameters of AJ Terrell's contract for example (#16 in 2020 Draft) applied to Zaven Collins, Collins got a little more because the salary cap went up but everything should be the same in terms of details.
Agents really do their jobs and earn their money on the second contract with the negotiating and making sure their clients don't get screwed over.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If there was a major issue in the structure of these contracts we would be seeing hold outs on top of hold outs. The same parameters of AJ Terrell's contract for example (#16 in 2020 Draft) applied to Zaven Collins, Collins got a little more because the salary cap went up but everything should be the same in terms of details.
Agents really do their jobs and earn their money on the second contract with the negotiating and making sure their clients don't get screwed over.
I think it’s funny when I see any fan talk about these contracts like they have any idea what they contain, what’s negotiable, and what might be of concern to individual players.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
I think it’s funny when I see any fan talk about these contracts like they have any idea what they contain, what’s negotiable, and what might be of concern to individual players.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. So agree to disagree.

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Why would a player give up 3% of his first contract if the agent doesn't "earn their money" for four, five years?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211